Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I view the kit as a work in progress. It is still relatively new for cannabis. Since it is very forgiving, there is room to do things in different ways. The "best practices", as they are understood today, are in the instructions (although nothing about 2nd and 3rd run soils). Beyond that, things should evolve/change...for the better.

Adding to the official instructions for additional runs of the soil would be most excellent.

Most definitely. New directions.

In The Lab

Great questions I was going to ask the same thing almost finished with one outdoor plant in 25 gal it's rocking the kit thanks for the answers gang

Hey TOOBZ, welcome to the :420: community. This isn't my thread, but I'm apparently incapable of passing up a new member without a friendly hello. If we can help you integrate into our virtual neighborhood, please don't hesitate to let us know. Make yourself at home.

Duggan, since you're here, let me ask you. What precisely do you do with your own soil between the first and second runs and the second and third runs? Please share. We need to know this.

Hey Sue...ya with the soil Q's. After i'm done using first run soil i break it up really good, take out most of the old root ball ,but not all of it, then i mix in a kit sized bag of amendment ,15lbs of EWC (not the full first run amount of 30 -40 lbs.) and a little "roots".mix it all up really good , water it with a little Tea, enough to make it moist , not wet, then i cook it for another 30 days or how ever long ,untill i need it , which sometimes is a good three months but 30 days as original instructions say is lots. These three Zamal Hash plants are in that exact soil....second run ,we call it! Cheers Sue...hope iv'e helped but prolly just confused you more , dunno eh!

Thank you Doc.

My understanding is that the lab determined that amendment wasn't really necessary between the first and second runs, so one could simply break up the root ball, toss the leaves back in, water it down, possibly with a Transplant/Tea addition, and just let the soil digest the materials for about two weeks before using. Am I off base here, or is this the accepted practice? These directions you just put up now include additional amendment.

My question here is if we are going to be adding more amendment to the soil between the first and second run, will the Kit reflect that? The amendment included in the Kit right now is only enough to cook one complete batch, with the bag of Re-Charge for the third run.

"Recycling Soil

After the first crop is harvested, put the soil, including the roots, mixed with fresh EWC, perhaps 20 lbs worth along with another bag of amendment back into the barrel and cook it for another month, then use as always.

After the second crop is harvested, take that soil, and add the 3rd Run Amendment to this soil, along with some leaf scraps from recently harvested healthy plants and a light sprinkling of Roots! on the leaves. Let this cook for a month and then use as always.

After the 3rd crop has been harvested from the soil, add fresh, unused Promix along with leaves and a light dusting of roots and re-cook.

I personally do not use soil after the 4th run. Others do so with good success and I suggest seeking them out and seeing if their methods work in your garden. I get my best results with the 3rd run of soil."

Sue,...no the Recharge you get with the kit is for that run , the first one,...you add it to the plants just before bloom or there abouts. It's not meant for the second run. The kit also just comes with supplies for one run,...the first one. If you wanna continue growing this way , then i would highly recomend buying in bulk....we all do Sue....it's really very fairly priced and ,and,...and... Cheers....:high-five:

Oh...and btw, i pay almost as much for shipping ...just to get it ....i must really like it eh.

Sue,...no the Recharge you get with the kit is for that run , the first one,...you add it to the plants just before bloom or there abouts. It's not meant for the second run. The kit also just comes with supplies for one run,...the first one. If you wanna continue growing this way , then i would highly recomend buying in bulk....we all do Sue....it's really very fairly priced and ,and,...and... Cheers....:high-five:

But my question Duggan, was what specifically do you do with your own soil between your first and second runs? I understand that the third run gets the Re-Charge added, but do you personally add anything else at that time as well? I'm trying to get a good feel for that move to the second run and then into the third.

But my question Duggan, was what specifically do you do with your own soil between your first and second runs? I understand that the third run gets the Re-Charge added, but do you personally add anything else at that time as well? I'm trying to get a good feel for that move to the second run and then into the third.

Sue.....go back ...you missed my post....!!!!!

Hey Sue...ya with the soil Q's. After i'm done using first run soil i break it up really good, take out most of the old root ball ,but not all of it, then i mix in a kit sized bag of amendment ,15lbs of EWC (not the full first run amount of 30 -40 lbs.) and a little "roots".mix it all up really good , water it with a little Tea, enough to make it moist , not wet, then i cook it for another 30 days or how ever long ,untill i need it , which sometimes is a good three months but 30 days as original instructions say is lots. These three Zamal Hash plants are in that exact soil....second run ,we call it! Cheers Sue...hope iv'e helped but prolly just confused you more , dunno eh!

Sorry Duggan, I missed this one in the flurry of posts. Thank for the reply. You communicated that very well. I appreciate it. This is starting to become much clearer. It wasn't obvious until today when we started this discussion that things like Trans/Tea, EWC and another batch of amendment would be needed to prepare used soil between the runs. Now, those of us just starting out, have a better road map.

I want to thank everyone who added to this discussion today. I think we all came away with a clearer vision of what we're doing now and I, for one, feel much more confident about this stage of using the Kit.

Sue, i have to ask you about the Recharge....why do you keep saying it's for another run....it's for the first time you use the kit ,not the second, not the third....the "Recharge" is applied during your FIRST run with this stuff. How did you think otherwise...maybe we should address that, and how info got screwed up along the way? Just sayin Sue. Maybe i should finish eating here ...then have a puff eh!Cheers Gang!

Sorry Duggan, I missed this one in the flurry of posts. Thank for the reply. You communicated that very well. I appreciate it. This is starting to become much clearer. It wasn't obvious until today when we started this discussion that things like Trans/Tea, EWC and another batch of amendment would be needed to prepare used soil between the runs. Now, those of us just starting out, have a better road map.

I want to thank everyone who added to this discussion today. I think we all came away with a clearer vision of what we're doing now and I, for one, feel much more confident about this stage of using the Kit.

Just made some updates to the directions. You could always look there to see what i do.

I may be jumping the gun here, but the new instructions say to serve Tea with all drenches, with two exceptions.
I don't see where those exceptions are explained. Since there is an asterisk, does that mean the Cat drenches are NOT served with Tea?
TY

Sue, i have to ask you about the Recharge....why do you keep saying it's for another run....it's for the first time you use the kit ,not the second, not the third....the "Recharge" is applied during your FIRST run with this stuff. How did you think otherwise...maybe we should address that, and how info got screwed up along the way? Just sayin Sue. Maybe i should finish eating here ...then have a puff eh!Cheers Gang!

Re-Charge is added to the third run soil Duggan. The Amendment package is what's added to the first cook.

Thanks for reminding me that I've had this pipe loaded for over six hours and haven't reached for it yet. Let me make that right. :laughtwo:

Re-Charge is added to the third run soil Duggan. The Amendment package is what's added to the first cook.

Thanks for reminding me that I've had this pipe loaded for over six hours and haven't reached for it yet. Let me make that right. :laughtwo:

That is not correct Sue.
Recharge is added to first run soil when switching to bloom.

That is not correct Sue.
Recharge is added to first run soil when switching to bloom.

And you are so right Major. My mistake. I've actually done that myself, so I have no explaination for how that got twisted in my brain today. I thank you for setting it back into place. :laughtwo: We don't need me to muddy the waters any, do we?

I'm relieved we has this discussion. I feel much better right now than I have all along. The drenches and foliars have finally become standard practice, and this little bit of confusion is now clear. Thank you all again.

I view the kit as a work in progress. It is still relatively new for cannabis. Since it is very forgiving, there is room to do things in different ways. The "best practices", as they are understood today, are in the instructions (although nothing about 2nd and 3rd run soils). Beyond that, things should evolve/change...for the better.

Adding to the official instructions for additional runs of the soil would be most excellent.

Doc Buds HB User Anonymous
Hi My name is DrZiggy and I am a DBHB user. :)
I have used and abused the kit for several grows now and...

I have not grown any bad weed; not even mediocre weed. Different results were obtained when deviated from the instructions than when following the instructions.- if anything the worst produced herb was superior, far superior to anything grown by my circle of contacts stubborn to try the kit despite having their minds blown on many occasions..
My best results to date were achieved when I stuck as close as possible for a Ziggy to stick to the instructions. :)

In other words, the best weed producers here using the Kit learned to use the kit, like any other recipe, and then tweaked the kit to optimize their results..they learned the Basics.

its a kit for geniuses...not dummies.

so easy, even a Ziggy can do it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom