Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks guys. Yeah, was just checking out some double ended bulbs. Was looking at hps as maybe a way to add some more cheap light but doesn't seem to be THAT much cheaper than LED. Think ill just get a platinum 600.

Thanks guys. Yeah, was just checking out some double ended bulbs. Was looking at hps as maybe a way to add some more cheap light but doesn't seem to be THAT much cheaper than LED. Think ill just get a platinum 600.

Really? A 600W HPS is less than $200.

Had really good results with Sunmaster 1000w. w/ analog ballast (in open air) But as Doc mentioned they all work great.Cheers gang. I have to add ....since switching over to led's. my life has gotten a lil less stressfull. dealing with the heat was too much of a pain. Compared to led's , hid's are just not very efficient. It's nice to have a couple kickin around for extra heat in the winter months.

With a ballast? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, lol. A 600w would be perfect for me too.

Yeah - less, in fact. I got two bulbs, timer, large cool tube hood, hangers, etc. For like $220.

Look on ebay. They are cheap and if you look a little harder you can find them real cheap. Way cheaper than any grow site/shop.

Leaves a tad twisted up on the Colombians after Cat Drench....should recover 100%. It's sort of a growth spasm that occurs when the soil is charged like that....then comes the resin.....fingers crossed. I really want a frosty, exotic strain. Willie Nelson is my all time fave, but so horribly ugly! Joints only.

I want something like Champagne, but more exotic and trippy. I'm so hopeful this will meet my expectations based on my memory of the past. I'm trying to be very conservative, taking into account how small things look now, compared to then and all that. I'm capable of objectivity when it comes to weed.

This bud should be nearly as classic as Colombian Gold, but far easier to grow. In fact, I'd say this grows as easy as Paki or Champagne. Stems are strong as can be.

===================================

Sounds like exciting stuff! Im smokin some Columbian Sour that's pretty energetic. I couldn't handle a pure sativa unless it had a really high brix # to comfort me. :smokin:

Lookin forward to pics, doc.

Hey, anyone and everyone, what's the best bulb/ballast to go for HPS? I've only done led only reason I'm asking. I've seen good things from the Apollo and hortilux bulbs, maybe give those a shot.
Let me say I'm a BSEE and have done plenty of research on this matter and you are free to do some of your own if you wish. Here's my opinion: Magnetic ballast is the best as far as efficiency in energy conversion compared to digital. All HPS bulb spec sheets I have found, including the two you listed, the stated specs are based on Magnetic ballast test trials. HPS bulbs regardless of mixture of the amalgam of sodium, over 90% of the spectrum will be sodium. If you can tell the 10% difference between the high end and the low end bulbs then buy accordingly. I recommend the cheapest you can find. This opinion is based on HPS technology only. :)

I found a switchable MH/HPS 1000w with a bulb and a reflector for $150 on a grow supply internet site.

DeStress or not to DeStress? That is the question.
The plants are doing great, but environment is king and I'm facing 100 degree temps very soon. I haven't been using DeStress recently. Will it help? Any other recommendations, either proactive or reactive for high temperatures? Of course I'll make sure they don't dry out.

Are you expecting 100 degrees in the grow room?

This HB grow is outdoors. But, yes. I'm looking at 90-100 highs for the next week.

Thanks Doc!
Will do - probably tomorrow since Sunday is going to be upper 90's. We probably won't be below 90 for the next week and a half. How often should I use the DeStress? Twice per week? More than that?

Back
Top Bottom