Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Quick question for Doc or anyone using the new formulas. What is new formula for GE like compared to the old formula. It's completely different for me and has zero smell. Seems very watery as well.

I was just really surprised at how different it is. Does this sound right?

The new stuff has much less water in it than the old. Less fishy ferts and magnesium added. The Ca++ and NO3, which are the "growth" components are still present. It will have the same effect on the soil as the old formula, except it adds magnesium.

All of my girls loving the new formulas!
420-magazine-mobile10572727.jpg

The new stuff has much less water in it than the old. Less fishy ferts and magnesium added. The Ca++ and NO3, which are the "growth" components are still present. It will have the same effect on the soil as the old formula, except it adds magnesium.

I am going to guess the new formula removes the need for magnesium sulfate?

In most cases, yes. I've not added any Epsoms since the new stuff and I've had no issues, with either the light or heavy feeders. I have not tried it on any exotic Sativa's....I'm not sure they're and improvement over the old products for those.
This is the last run I use Epsoms. Here are the ladies after a drench with the new GE.

420-magazine-mobile325587094.jpg
420-magazine-mobile970846589.jpg

So got a question for you experienced HiBrixers... I have a plant with leaf tacoing pretty bad and thought I saw one time that it's like a Mag deficiency or something. The highest temp is 81 RH 60% so I don't think it's heat stress. Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!
420-magazine-mobile1983347930.jpg

So got a question for you experienced HiBrixers... I have a plant with leaf tacoing pretty bad and thought I saw one time that it's like a Mag deficiency or something. The highest temp is 81 RH 60% so I don't think it's heat stress. Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!
420-magazine-mobile1983347930.jpg

Hey Kid...top of the mornin to ya ! Yes, it's a very early Magnesium def. showing it's ugliness. Top dress with a handfull of Epsoms next drink OK. Get right on this now , as to avoid further more extreme signs of this def. OK. Also if you havn't already done so,...top dress with the ReCharge too along with more EWC's. You should start misting/spraying with Way x 10 ( Snake Oil) right away too OK, every week to ten days. Do all these things , and this slight Mg shortage will correct itself..but don't let it get any worse OK...get on this right now . Cheers and have a great day!

Hey Kid...top of the mornin to ya ! Yes, it's a very early Magnesium def. showing it's ugliness. Top dress with a handfull of Epsoms next drink OK. Get right on this now , as to avoid further more extreme signs of this def. OK. Also if you havn't already done so,...top dress with the ReCharge too along with more EWC's. You should start misting/spraying with Way x 10 ( Snake Oil) right away too OK, every week to ten days. Do all these things , and this slight Mg shortage will correct itself..but don't let it get any worse OK...get on this right now . Cheers and have a great day!
I was just thinking about wayahead this morning. Do we need it with the new formulas? I left it out of my brix spray this morning since I just drenched with the new GE and figured I should ask.

I was just thinking about wayahead this morning. Do we need it with the new formulas? I left it out of my brix spray this morning since I just drenched with the new GE and figured I should ask.

Hey Born,...very good question ! The addition of more Mg. to the way x 10 spray is another way Doc is/has been trying to improve our system by getting rid of all the Mg stress we all(some) have with these Frankenstrains we all love to grow. I would recommend to keep giving the new Snake Oil or the old Way x 10 with Brix with growing ANY suspect strains that may require extra salts during mid to late bloom. Avoiding an Mg. shortage is way easier than trying to "chase" a deficiency! cheers bud!

Ok ok got it! I have already topdressed w recharge and EWC around day 11, it will be day 34 tonight and she's a 8 week flowerer on the dot as well so I don't think I should topdress anymore rechard or EWC. I'll get right on the epsoms tho because her and the Skywalker need it and they will both get snake oil now too

Thanks Duggan. :roorrip:

Hey Born,...very good question ! The addition of more Mg. to the way x 10 spray is another way Doc is/has been trying to improve our system by getting rid of all the Mg stress we all(some) have with these Frankenstrains we all love to grow. I would recommend to keep giving the new Snake Oil or the old Way x 10 with Brix with growing ANY suspect strains that may require extra salts during mid to late bloom. Avoiding an Mg. shortage is way easier than trying to "chase" a deficiency! cheers bud!

Snake Oil is the new spray...similar to the old, but slightly different...

The new formulas have greatly decreased the need for epsoms and Snake Oil, but occasionally they are still needed for certain strains.

Whats up Brix Gang!

Been awhile but this weekend will be approaching my 3rd week of flowering and had a few questions.

1. I've yet top dressed with Recharge, and according to the instructions (old) I am to top dress using the entire bag but this was for 6 plants per Doc's instructions. I only have 3 plants so should I still use the entire bag of recharge when I top dressed (evenly divided by 3) or only use half of the bag of Recharge? Should I do that this weekend?

2. Since this is my first run, I've not sure when the plants are ready for the Cat drench..per instructions it says when buds are set so I've attached a few pics of what they look like now, please let me know if I should be using the Cat drench this weekend or should I hold off..

Cinderella 99 (18 days into flower)
20170801_174341.jpg

Critical Neville Haze (18 days into flower)
20170801_174356.jpg

LSD (18 days into flower)
20170801_174409.jpg

Group shot

20170801_174509.jpg

Also, Do most people cook a fresh new batch in preparation for the next run, or should I use the first run soil after I harvest? The only negative in using the first run soil is I have to cook it for another month before I can use it but my goal would be to start again asap (from seed).

thanks!

Hey Snoog...it's best to have two kits worth of soil in 'rotation' that way as soon as the first crop is done your all set to go again. this is what i do with a one month overlap between runs. That way the lil ones are ready to go ! As far as the ReCharge ...only use half of it. You have 3 plants , right, then only use three plants worth from the bag,...or half! Cheers ,..in a hurry today!:circle-of-love:

Whats up Brix Gang!

Been awhile but this weekend will be approaching my 3rd week of flowering and had a few questions.

1. I've yet top dressed with Recharge, and according to the instructions (old) I am to top dress using the entire bag but this was for 6 plants per Doc's instructions. I only have 3 plants so should I still use the entire bag of recharge when I top dressed (evenly divided by 3) or only use half of the bag of Recharge? Should I do that this weekend?

2. Since this is my first run, I've not sure when the plants are ready for the Cat drench..per instructions it says when buds are set so I've attached a few pics of what they look like now, please let me know if I should be using the Cat drench this weekend or should I hold off..

Cinderella 99 (18 days into flower)
20170801_174341.jpg

Critical Neville Haze (18 days into flower)
20170801_174356.jpg

LSD (18 days into flower)
20170801_174409.jpg

Group shot

20170801_174509.jpg

Also, Do most people cook a fresh new batch in preparation for the next run, or should I use the first run soil after I harvest? The only negative in using the first run soil is I have to cook it for another month before I can use it but my goal would be to start again asap (from seed).

thanks!

I like you C99 growing there....I just received some of those seeds, and Grimm's Cindy Haze....it's quite a story behind those genetics...pumped to start them soon.

On the recharge last grow I added the whole 1 kit amount to four plants, but they were in 15 gallon pots each....a total of 60 gallons of soil.

I recently bought the new kit a few months ago. As I always see people talking about way x10 and leaf wash I'm ordering that anyone have any suggestions on things I should order in big bottles. Stuff I would use the most

Great advice for Mag7 from the gang! Especially Duggan.

Here's what I recommend on stuff to order, based on how I use the various items:

Bulk order minerals and Roots!
Quarts of GE, Trans, Brix, Tea

You may or may not need a quart of Destress, depending on if your plants are frequently stressed. If you get a quart of this, it wiall last a loooong time, so store it in a cool, dry, dark place without large temperature swings.

Snake Oil: 8oz
Leaf Wash: 8oz

If you're in the gallon zone, just up the quart recommendation to gallons and the 8oz to quarts.

I'm out of town till next week, so shipping is going to be on hold till next Tuesday. I'm all caught up as of this morning.

Back
Top Bottom