Duggan Does Purple Envy, Star Pupil & Black Cherry Punch With Doc's Gear!

I have been having issues with the notifications also but when I have given
permission to look into my account and wanted to help it felt like It was not taken
very seriously and was just spending a lot of time repeating the problem to a final conclusion that
it was set up this way.

Anyway I will just accept the way it is I guess

Excellent Amy...edibles make you too sleepy...?
Cheers - nah, not sleepy. I just don’t like the feeling, the type of stoned. Much prefer to smoke or vape. Maybe I should try again sometime..,

just spending a lot of time repeating the problem to a final conclusion that
Yes - that happens a lot unfortunately.

Those work arounds you and Db suggest are all well and good if you’re actually on site - but don’t help the people who rely on the notifications when they’re off site and can’t visit the site. Which to me is really the purpose of email notifications. It makes no logical sense to me at all the way it’s currently designed to ‘work’.

Maybe it’ll get tweaked one day. In the meantime actually visiting the site seems to be the only way to check the recent postings...

Hope you made a nice supper Doogs! :rollit:

How do you read the posts if you don't visit the site? :hmmmm: I detest having my mailbox filling up with notifications, so I just look at Watched threads.

So you read the posts in the email and you don't actually read the thread? How can you hit like if you don't go the site?

I'm confused. Why not just go to the site?

For me I use the email notifications as links to the threads, I get a notification
I open the email and follow the link Read and close the site, then move on to
the next email. I have or had approx 10 or so watched threads so not a major
amount of emails.

How do you read the posts if you don't visit the site? :hmmmm: I detest having my mailbox filling up with notifications, so I just look at Watched threads.

So you read the posts in the email and you don't actually read the thread? How can you hit like if you don't go the site?

I'm confused. Why not just go to the site?
I personally don’t use the email notifications at all. Like you - I don’t like it.

I’ve been something of a go between since the site migration for a number of folks who rely on getting email notifications.

I guess if you can’t visit the site very regularly, or if you’re at work... with the old system, people could keep up to date when not on site and know if there’s new stuff they want to see.

I’m on an educational forum and use their emails that way - then I only have to go there and log on if I know there’s something new and relevant. It’s not very busy so works for me there.

Pretty sure that’s how Doogs and others used to rely on the 420 emails on the old system. The new one may never support that way of using them though... time will tell...

For me I use the email notifications as links to the threads, I get a notification
I open the email and follow the link Read and close the site, then move on to
the next email. I have or had approx 10 or so watched threads so not a major
amount of emails.

But why close the site? Why not check Watched threads? You're already on the site.:hmmmm:

But why close the site? Why not check Watched threads? You're already on the site.:hmmmm:

Just the way I have always done it and never had to go look in the past, the links bring me
to the newest post I have not read. Also I never have to log in using the links so its just a simple
close and I am back at my email list of the next newest post

Just the way I have always done it and never had to go look in the past, the links bring me
to the newest post I have not read. Also I never have to log in using the links so its just a simple
close and I am back at my email list of the next newest post
I have a link that just takes me to journals that I watch. 1click and I'm there. Highlighted ones are the ones I haven't open or responded to yet. In reverse order of when someone replied to last

LOL...come on 420, Duggs really needs this, can't we fix this
I’ve done a lot to get this issue looked at in the background. And the admins have looked into it.

What I know now, is that it’s not that it’s broken. The new software just has really different ‘behaviours’ to the previous one. The new platform isn’t setup to notify for every new post (I explained above how it works... not doing it again!).

Today I’m informed that they will investigate the feature in the future but it’s not a high priority - unfortunately for some.

Like I said - it doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s what I know.

:Namaste:

Good morning Amy , Gray ,Gazoo and gang....ok....ok....email not's are how i tell if there is recent activity on one of my subbed threads....i read that email...if i wanna 'like' or make a post ...i go to the site.Thats how it used to be.I dont wanna have to go and visit all my subbed threads to see whats going on...period...everyone understand????Like Gazoo ...i only have about 12 or so subs so emails in my mailbox are NOT a problem. I would do exactly as Gazoo said...thats how it used to be and worked great.I agree with you Amy....its not set up properly...period!!!!
Enjoy 420 people and have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom