Escape Velocities: Syenite's Stealth Miniatures

Good save, Sye!
And props to the GF for staying up with you till 3 am- Sounds like you've got a keeper there!

With a well optimal result!
:bravo:

I'm stoked for sure :high-five: :thanks:

Thankfully you managed to save the majority of the plant in a good harvest window. That lemon pine sounds really nice, it is hard to believe cannabis can make lemon smell but until I grew a Gorilla Glue I would never have believed they could produce a strong fuel smell either. Glad you enjoyed a great time! :ganjamon:

Yes, I was lucky this time! I hear ya on the smells. This is my first real stinker of a plant!

Ook the mooks, Duke!

Come back soon.

What sort of beans are wet right now?

Cheeeers mate! I see another visit in the year, for sure. :high-five:

Beans eh... wet ones you say? Hmmmmmm ;)

Congrats on the emergency take down and well done having a quick gander before you left! Would have been an awful button to the stable visit to find that it had spread in your absence and delay.

What you got looks great, and that scissor hash shot is crazy!

Thank you Shed! Yeah I'm very glad to be as obsessive as I've been. That last look definitely saved the crop. My GF was even a step ahead. She knew right away what needed to be done!

Good save, Sye!
And props to the GF for staying up with you till 3 am- Sounds like you've got a keeper there!

Cheers dear Carcass! She is incredible and I am very lucky. :green_heart:

Any previews on how she do in the vape?

Bubba? I've toked on some dried larf and it's certainly the strongest thing in my stash right now, both potency and flavour-wise! That being said, I would still have to class it below your top smokes (C99xBB, SnS, WCxCT, GZ), at least at this point. We'll see what happens after proper drying and curing.

The Blue Dream is next in line for strength and flavour. Meanwhile my (purchased) NL stash and Desert flowers have got nothing on either of those. In the space of a week my old stash is now virtually obsolete! Might have to send them straight into oil.

Waddaheck been going on??

It's been quite the couple of days!

Grub, Pre '98 Bubba Kush, day 64 of 12-12

At midnight, night before I'm due to fly out to the Stable of Impermanence, I thought to myself, ahhh let's have a last, long look at Grub! And then I noticed that one of the colas had strange, twisted leaf growth.

Now.. I'd been tracking these twisted leaves for a couple of days. I thought initially that it had to do with the way they had been pushed up against the box. But no. They were extremely dry feeling. And a little tug on the bud told me everything I needed to know! Budrot.

I looked at the time and sweared. I had about 8 hours until my flight. I was going to have to do an emergency harvest right then and there!

So I took down all the other branches first. I then brought the plant with its single top outside and lopped off the affected top bud, before assessing the rest of the branch, which looked fine. I then did a round of wet trimming in preparation for the wash. I paid very close attention to each and every flower at this point, wary of more signs of botrytis. Thankfully, it only seemed to have affected that one top bud.

It's a pity that this all happened at night, and I didn't have the light or time to take nicer photos. However, the following aren't the worst!

IMG_1266 flipped.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1274.jpeg

It was all in all suboptimal conditions for a harvest, LOL! It's the middle of the night, and in the back of my mind, I couldn't ignore the fact that I would barely get any sleep before heading to the airport and onto a plane! I was buoyed by the incredible, incredible scissor hash that I was vaping on the way. Very much like a lemon-pine cleaner. Very strong flavour.

It was just after 3am when I loaded the fridge drying box. My GF had very kindly stayed up with me throughout the ordeal. I fell into bed still smelling like fresh cut flowers. All in all, it was a good harvest. Looks like I got a bigger crop than my first run. I was very grateful not to have lost any more to budrot. The trichs were mostly cloudly with a hint of amber, so I was happy enough about the harvest window.

I felt like I'd barely slept when the 6am alarm went off. And you know what? It was time to get my shit together again. I was off to the stables!
Awesome man..... fire in the hole

I've toked on some dried larf and it's certainly the strongest thing in my stash right now, both potency and flavour-wise!
Oooh.. sounds nice :nerd-with-glasses:
(C99xBB, SnS, WCxCT, GZ), at least at this point. We'll see what happens after proper drying and curing.
I’m sure you can bring the best out of it.
I still have high hopes for the bubba’s sis coming on. Been honking on CPK and the alaskan today.
:smokin:
The Blue Dream is next in line for strength and flavour.
:lot-o-toke:
Might have to send them straight into oil.
Funny isn’t it? Isabelle mostly went for rosin when other gear started coming through. Same for you. Things are looking up :thumb:

the space of a week my old stash is now virtually obsolete! Might have to send them straight into oil.

Isabelle mostly went for rosin when other gear started coming through.
Isn’t this just the most awesome part of becoming a canna cultivator! Being able to pick up a bud that once you would have devoured... and think ... “meh, it’s a bit rubbishy in comparison” ;) & toss it in the oil bin.
Things are looking up :thumb:
:thumb:
:love:

Isn’t this just the most awesome part of becoming a canna cultivator! Being able to pick up a bud that once you would have devoured... and think ... “meh, it’s a bit rubbishy in comparison” ;) & toss it in the oil bin.

:thumb:
:love:
It’s absolutely incredible to me, Amy. That the least desirable flower in my collection is still some of the best pot I’ve ever smoked just amazes me.
:thanks::420::green_heart:

I’m sure you can bring the best out of it.
I still have high hopes for the bubba’s sis coming on. Been honking on CPK and the alaskan today.
:smokin:

For sure! I didn't intend for that to be a deprecating statement about the Bubba. What I meant: it's hard to judge uncured larf, and it's already very impressive to me, so I'm stoked! I keep taking the drying box out of the fridge to admire the flowers.

You just reminded me that I loved the CPK as well. And probably would've loved the AP too.

It’s absolutely incredible to me, Amy. That the least desirable flower in my collection is still some of the best pot I’ve ever smoked just amazes me.

This sums it up. At this level I'm not even gonna bother trying to rank them!

It's all just suuuuch gooood shiiiiit.

:laugh: :thumb::thanks:

And then there was one!

Loom, HSC Bigfoot Glue (GG#4 x Humboldt Headband), day 31 of 12-12

She's looking good. No worries here at this point!

Very odd smell. Like sweet PVA glue at the moment. The stem rub tells a very different story though, and I think I'll smell more and more of that rubbery stench coming through as the flowers progress.

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

RIP Grub

Obligatory, belated send-off after the initial mania of the emergency.

The most beautiful plant I've grown so far!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

:green_heart::thanks::Namaste:

This sums it up. At this level I'm not even gonna bother trying to rank them!

It's all just suuuuch gooood shiiiiit.
A top level selection is interesting when they become too hard to rank, sounds like good news for overall quality!:ganjamon:
And then there was one!

Loom, HSC Bigfoot Glue (GG#4 x Humboldt Headband), day 31 of 12-12

She's looking good. No worries here at this point!

Very odd smell. Like sweet PVA glue at the moment. The stem rub tells a very different story though, and I think I'll smell more and more of that rubbery stench coming through as the flowers progress.
Wow that's funny it has a glue like smell. I remember the breeder description mentioning it to be pretty strong smelling. I think Bruce Banner is supposed to be something like that which I have seeds for but hesitate to grow them out for that reason.

A top level selection is interesting when they become too hard to rank, sounds like good news for overall quality!:ganjamon:

Haha indeed! I don't have that problem yet myself. @DonkeyDick, on the other hand... :ganjamon:

Wow that's funny it has a glue like smell. I remember the breeder description mentioning it to be pretty strong smelling. I think Bruce Banner is supposed to be something like that which I have seeds for but hesitate to grow them out for that reason.

I could be projecting a bit based on the name. But it really does smell like some kind of child-friendly-arts-crafts glue to me. The stem rub is a much fiercer smell though and I think it will be closer to that acrid rubber smell in the end. Very excited to see (smell)!

Love Grub's sturdy stub. Did you quadline her? Wonderful plant!

Cheeeers SO! Yes indeed - baby's first quadline! :laugh: :high-five:

:passitleft: Wassup Amy?

Last night, when my GF and I were in bed, we heard a strange sound. At first I thought it was a cat hissing outside. Got out of bed, paced around the lounge, looked out the window. Couldn't figure it out. Then, my GF looked behind the cardboard box... and the bloody carbon filter had somehow come apart and was spilling pellets everywhere. DOH!!

That's a job for later.

Back
Top Bottom