Escape Velocities: Syenite's Stealth Miniatures

Beautiful update Sy, I love the pics of Loom/Bigfoot Glue. Looking forward to the smoke report. The breeder notes described it as pungent which to me indicates a potential difficulty in concealing the smell when grown outside. Did you think it was particularly 'far reaching' in smell or just average?

....a Bubba's Breath!

Hahaaaa, not quite!!

stargazer kush for number three. :smokin:

You had the right idea - it's Rare Dankness' Starkiller OG, which is something quite convoluted (Skywalker OG x Rare Dankness #1 »»» Triangle Kush x {Ghost OG x (Ghost OG x Chem Dawg)} BX2).

Basically, it's a TK/OG backcross of sorts! With some Chem thrown in there for fun! :laugh:

Beautiful update Sy, I love the pics of Loom/Bigfoot Glue. Looking forward to the smoke report. The breeder notes described it as pungent which to me indicates a potential difficulty in concealing the smell when grown outside. Did you think it was particularly 'far reaching' in smell or just average?

Cheers Stunger!! It's definitely smelly, although I think I need more experience before I can tell you whether it's average or not.

I had to upgrade to a proper can filter to finish this grow without more paranoia, if that helps! :ganjamon:

Hope you all have been well! It's been a hot minute. I'm back back back back again!

When I normally read up/post on these forums every day, not being around for a couple of weeks feels like an eternity.

I finally had my work leaving do yesterday, the final ritual to mark the end of that journey. God the last few weeks of that job just. Felt. So. Long.

My GF and I also spent a weekend away visiting my family, so there was a bit going on.

But there we go. The end. Now I have the next 2-3 months to myself!

And on that note, we have another ending incoming.

Loom, Bigfoot Glue, day 56 of 12-12

This plant is just about ready to come down. I feel like Loom bears the traces of this period of my life. I did not give it nearly as much attention as I gave the others. I also flipped this one too early, which was another decision driven by my feeling quite overwhelmed during that part of the year. You see, I called this plant "Loom" because I expected it to be much taller and to have a looming presence. Oh well, lol!

In saying all that, however, the plant has been doing fabulously. I don't know if y'all remember, but I had some yellowing issues all the way into late veg. Rejigging the light configuration solved that. Having angled panels meant that there was a serious asymmetry in the light exposure on the canopy, and one region was getting way too much light while another wasn't getting enough.

In the end, Loom flowered very happily, and its leaves took on that healthy deep green.

It has a gorgeous, rich smell, sweet but also meaty. It does remind me of @DonkeyDick 's Gorilla Zkittlez, although perhaps I am projecting a little based on the shared lineage.

This is my frostiest plant so far, and as loud as the Bubba Kush (whose cured flowers I will report on soon)!

Loom will come down in the next day or two.

And with endings also come beginnings...

Stay tuned for the next updates, fam! I'll be round to all your gardens shortly. :ganjamon:

Pics won't open Sye.

I'm having trouble uploading images right now,
I tried to upload a few yesterday, no go...things seem to be working alright now, though!
I'll be back in to check your update a little later on, hope the pics work for you today!

Ok, so uploading is working for me again today!

Harvest time (from two days ago)!

Loom (HSC Bigfoot Glue) finally came down. A lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpg

Really gorgeous, frosty flowers.

I had a couple of hits of scissor hash while trimming and it's both strong and very relaxing!

Definitely very piney like my Bubba Kush, but less lemony and more sweet-mothball-y. Will be very curious to see how the flowers cure and what kind of smell and effects result!

All in all, I'm so happy with this plant, which didn't really need much of my attention to flourish.

For my purposes, the training was pretty much perfect, too. Pity about the height and the loss in yield from that perspective, but really my stash is healthy and under no pressure quantity-wise.

:high-five: :surf: :thumb:

More updates to come! A new box! Germination!

I tried to upload a few yesterday, no go...things seem to be working alright now, though!
I'll be back in to check your update a little later on, hope the pics work for you today!
I just posted a moment ago with some pics no problem.

Thanks you two!! So glad it's working for me again.

Pics won't open Sye.

Boo! Those pics were working originally but now that post is just broken.

I’ll watch and wait eagerly :)

Thank you Tra! Stay tuned!! :cool::Namaste:

Ok, so uploading is working for me again today!

Harvest time (from two days ago)!

Loom (HSC Bigfoot Glue) finally came down. A lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpg

Really gorgeous, frosty flowers.

I had a couple of hits of scissor hash while trimming and it's both strong and very relaxing!

Definitely very piney like my Bubba Kush, but less lemony and more sweet-mothball-y. Will be very curious to see how the flowers cure and what kind of smell and effects result!

All in all, I'm so happy with this plant, which didn't really need much of my attention to flourish.

For my purposes, the training was pretty much perfect, too. Pity about the height and the loss in yield from that perspective, but really my stash is healthy and under no pressure quantity-wise.

:high-five: :surf: :thumb:

More updates to come! A new box! Germination!
They got their fix and so did I! Beautiful work, congratulations on this harvest!

Loom was a beauty! You really made her into a pretty plant. Good to hear her effects are all that.
Are you fridge drying again? She’ll be awesome in about a month :high-five:

Fridge drying yes indeed!! It's been a week now so I might take the RH of the smaller buds to see where they're at. :high-five:

And they do look gorgeous Sy, their frosty bud leaves are almost luminous lying in the satay stick drying box. :yummy:

Thank you Stunger! I can't wait to sample. :ganjamon:

Can't wait for the reveal...are you sticking with the "classic simplicity" of cardboard ?

Cheers Carcass!! Update follows this post. :cheer:

CAD the world!

:laugh::high-five:

They got their fix and so did I! Beautiful work, congratulations on this harvest!

Thank you SO! So excited for your current run. :yummy:

Looming or not, excellent symmetry and beautiful harvest! :welldone:

Appreciate it, Shed! Hope you are feeling better? :green_heart:

:ciao::hookah::passitleft:

New box, new babies!!

IMG_1453.jpeg

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpg

The box

I was inspired by @DonkeyDick 's new cardboard construction to improve on my previous box.

The dimensions of the previous box were just a little off - a bit too narrow, a bit too tall - so I actually found and ordered this cardboard box, LOL! This box is deeper, wider and a little shorter.

Further, I have purchased additional LED panels, so I now have an array of 4 panels in this box for the top-down lighting (up from 3). I will also be adding 2 more panels on either side for supplemental light. We'll be going from 45W to 90W here (in potentials). The array is now also adjustable in height, so no more awkward propping up of the plants.

I've replaced the old blower with AC Infinity's S2 blower. It is so, so quiet in comparison. I have yet to hook up a carbon filter, but I have a couple of months to do that.

The babies

You'll see 4 seedlings in the photos. I'm running 3 new lines, and have an extra seedling of one that I will be giving away.

2 plants will live in the cardboard box, while one will eventually be moved to the cabinet.

(The following descriptions are ripped from the breeder pages.)

Katsu Bluebird's Sour Bubba:

This is a cross of the East Coast Sour Diesel (the one I shared with Devils Harvest Krew in ’03) and a reversed Pre-98 Bubba Kush. Most crosses I’ve made with the Bubba are usually Bubba dominant – much less so with this particular cross. You’ll get a variety pack of phenos from these with varying degrees of diesel/gas. These are two of my all-time favorite strains and the cross does NOT disappoint! Expect above average yields of top-shelf buds that take approximately 70 days to flower for maximum flavor and effect. 63-70 days to finish.

Cali Connection's Chem '91:

The famed Chem 91 Sk Va, this comes from the East Coast, given to use by the Chem family from Chem Dawg and their crew. It is outcrossed to the Deadhead and then backcrossed to the Chem 91 so it’s actually to itself. The male seeds are Chem 91 female crossed to Chem 91 BX1 male. The female seeds are Chem 91 Skunk Va crossed to the Chem 91 BX1 female reversed. These will provide you large yields, very skunky, very kerosene, very typical to an OG- lemon undertone. You’ll have a solid bud structure followed by shorter plant with thicker stems. Has a tendency to grow large at times if you don’t train it properly. Fast flower time but still finishes at a typical 70 days.

Rare Dankness' Starkiller OG:

Winner of the High Times Cannabis Cup
Winner of the Oregon Grower's Cup

Take the Skywalker Og and cross it with the RD#2 male and you get sweet/kushy taste lemonhead candy of all the way around. From the first taste, she brings on the OG flavor. Dense, purplish hued buds, trich covered buds. A little stockier than her Og sisters. Does well indoors or out. Does not like high temps or high PH. Medium to high yielder.

Medical Uses: Pain relief, insomnia, chemotherapy, Gastrointestinal Issues, AIDS, PTSD

Lineage: Skywalker OG Kush X RD#2

60-70 Days flower time.

(N.B. the RD#2 is itself a TK/OG backcross/reconstruction, with a bit of Chem in the mix)

So this run is part of my effort to try out some iteration of the Chem '91, OG Kush, and Sour Diesel. After quite a bit of thinking and research, these were some of the best fem backcrosses/outcrosses of these legends that I could find on the market.

Unfortunately, I did have some dramas during germination. My first Sour Bubba sprout grew upside down and never recovered from being turned over. The second bean didn't crack at all. My first Starkiller OG bean also never cracked. This is why I ended up with a "spare" SKOG sprout. I popped another just in case.

I found this all quite stressful/painful especially since I've had a 100% germ rate up until this point. But that's ok. Still learning so much!

I'm just happy to have all the lines I want, up and running. The Chem '91 is a bit droopy in the back-left, and I must've overwatered slightly. Apart from that, all systems go!!

I'm so ####ing ready and PUMPED for this run!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer::surf::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom