Final Flush: Myth Or Fact?

well maybe lol some also say it is telling us to be faithful to our wives and drink from our own well, ie not be lured to infidelity lol
all down to interpretation i guess lol

and regards to vegans rules, they mention nothing about from ‘thyself’ lol
i just can imagine drinking stinky yellow piss full of toxins, vegans who practice ut claim theirs tastes closer to coconut water lol
If your piss is yellow and stinks your dehydrated and need to drink more water. Coffee, soda and sugar drinks don’t count as hydration, drink 3-4 glasses of water everyday for a week and it should start to turn clearish and not stink... People talk of reading plants, you gotta read your body to bro, stay hydrated, get less headaches that way as well

If your piss is yellow and stinks your dehydrated and need to drink more water. Coffee, soda and sugar drinks don’t count as hydration, drink 3-4 glasses of water everyday for a week and it should start to turn clearish and not stink... People talk of reading plants, you gotta read your body to bro, stay hydrated, get less headaches that way as well
lol was just an example bro, i drink probably 3l of distilled and ro only every day, still it wont be as pleasant as a vegans waters imsure lol

well when iget cancer it will be vegan urine therapy and cannabis oils iltreat myself with lol

lol was just an example bro, i drink probably 3l of distilled and ro only every day, still it wont be as pleasant as a vegans waters imsure lol

well when iget cancer it will be vegan urine therapy and cannabis oils iltreat myself with lol
Lol alright, never know with peoples habits these day. Distilled is ok but has no minerals that your body needs, I like cold tap right from the well, thankfully my well has some really cold water year round, cold enough to not need ice. Ohh shoot everyone’s off topic again. Haha, what about that flushing? ;)

Lol alright, never know with peoples habits these day. Distilled is ok but has no minerals that your body needs, I like cold tap right from the well, thankfully my well has some really cold water year round, cold enough to not need ice. Ohh shoot everyone’s off topic again. Haha, what about that flushing? ;)
ahh and so you bring us to another topic of debate, the ‘drinking distilled water leeches minerals from the body and causes death’ lol
well 3 years in on distilled water and i havent died, and have no sign of mineral deficiency yet lol

so, lets start with the minerals in water, they are INORGANIC minerals right, essentially salt and rock, alongside the heavy metals of course, now our body has been shown to be unable to absorb inorganic minerals, at least highly ineffectively, or with total rejection from celullar tissue, causing deposit build ups resulting in things like catarax kidney stones etc etc

Distilled Water Enhances Mineral Absorption a little article i found a while back, explains a little about this with references.

so, plants uptake inorganic minerals and convert them to the organic minerals found in fresh fruit and veg, which is where we mostly get our useable mineral intake from, i fear and believe that the ‘mainstream’ science, which lest we forget, is mostly paid for results, has once again twisted truths, the powers that be want unhealthy pigs to ply with their shit drugs, tap water filled with heavy metals and flouride is not healthy lol

but then as has been stated in this thread, each to their own, everyone believes what they believe, and if people are happy drinking tap water full of shit thats great :)
i prefer my water clean and pure and get my minerals from sources where they actually benefit as opposed to the opposite :D

anyway, back to that flush lol

I always read these flush/no flush discussions because I've been on the fence about it. This thread is pretty convincing that flushing is not necessary. But some information presented here also indicates that feeding up to chop is also not needed. The quotes below in particular make me question feeding up to chop:
These data show that for the last two weeks of the flower cycle for cannabis, it was possible to use no fertilizer water for irrigation with no significant impact on yield while saving input costs on fertilizer.
Plants nearing senescence don't need a great deal of nutrients.

Is feeding to the end (in soil at least) a waste of money? I would think if you're not reusing your soil, the answer might be "yes". If you are reusing the soil, I suppose those late nutrients will still be in the soil for your next run.

I like to play around, everyone can always take my comments with the understanding they typically include a large dose of dry humor. That said, to me this isn’t a debate at all - it’s about philosophy, taste, heritage/ tradition. Though flushing may be a debate on here, in the broader industry it doesn’t seem to be. I’d venture 85-100% of world cannabis cup winners flush their weed, major world renown seed banks and farms flush (including sponsors here), largest/ most notorious commercial growers across western US flush...and there’s a reason, they’ve determined that’s the how they get the best weed.

If anyone thinks the companies in Vegas running 450 light rooms and pulling 500 lbs every 4-5 weeks (who also hang whole plant) or teams in LA doing twice that don’t understand cannabis or cannabis science, I think that’s pretty naive. All of those guys/ gals have won numerous state, country, and world cannabis cups, work with some of the greatest modern breeders, etc..

I do like the vegan type analogy because it is applicable - You can explain to someone who enjoys steak that this artificially grown meat actually has more protein, nutrients, is easier for the body to digest, and scientifically proven to be healthier and a better source of fuel...but it doesn’t matter if the guy tries it and prefers steak better. Neither are wrong, it’s about flavor.

All that said, I really don’t give a shit who flushes or doesn’t flush, but do make sure to wipe.

I like to play around, everyone can always take my comments with the understanding they typically include a large dose of dry humor. That said, to me this isn’t a debate at all - it’s about philosophy, taste, heritage/ tradition. Though flushing may be a debate on here, in the broader industry it doesn’t seem to be. I’d venture 85-100% of world cannabis cup winners flush their weed, major world renown seed banks and farms flush (including sponsors here), largest/ most notorious commercial growers across western US flush...and there’s a reason, they’ve determined that’s the how they get the best weed.

If anyone thinks the companies in Vegas running 450 light rooms and pulling 500 lbs every 4-5 weeks (who also hang whole plant) or teams in LA doing twice that don’t understand cannabis or cannabis science, I think that’s pretty naive. All of those guys/ gals have won numerous state, country, and world cannabis cups, work with some of the greatest modern breeders, etc.

I think this is pretty common assumption... they’ve been at it for so long and they’re making tonnes of ca$h, so they can’t be wrong.

But let’s do a survey about their education and give every master grower a basic botany/soil science test with 100 questions.

Now I can’t say for sure, but I assume it’d be really funny to find out how much they don’t know and how much they’re operating within magical spectrum :)

But then 80% of these huge operations are into hydro, so they have to flush! And this is another issue entirely, cause soil and hydro cultivation are two different animals, so you can’t compare them.

And from what I hear most of them grow shitty weed, that you can hardly enjoy, so maybe they’re not that great after all.

I can’t judge weed I never tried obviously, so I can’t answer this question... however I smoked through kilos of Dutch hydro produce back in the 90s and even if some stuff stood out most couldn’t compete with properly grown organic stuff. I also assume US hydro is not significantly better and I tried some from individual growers... I wasn’t really impressed.

You got it :)

I feel like to science proves flushing doesn't make bud taste better is not entirely accurate given the research. That research is showing there are no truths to the idea that residual elemental nutrients remain, but it doesn't prove that not flushing doesn't leave a bad taste. There could be a lot of other biochemical changes.

I think a more telling experiment would be to have a blind taste test. You'd have to get very large sample sizes to account for inconsistencies though. I Ihink that would determine if there really is a noticeable effect on taste, and then we could work from there theorizing why.

Here's one thing I think is easy proof to demonstrate a biochemical difference: Immobile nutrients. If you have a plant that's in hydro, and you deprive it's root zone of nutrient solution, where are those immobile nutrients going to come from? That's sulfur, iron, copper, etc. which will all be unavailable to the plant. Usually we determine deficiency to be a bad thing, but what if at that point of the grow removing them somehow causes a better tasting biochemistry

Of course it wouldn't be applicable for soil since there will be mineral nutrients in the soil itself. Some see that as evidence in itself that people are just imagining poor or improved taste because they're actually not even removing the nutrients from the soil.

If you use synthetic nutes i would flush for at least 2 weeks no matter what the medium, iv been growing in coco for nearly 3 years and tasting unflushed bud is the worst taste in the world, anyone that thinks different must not be human.

Im now in soil and im in the last 2 weeks using just water and molasses, like i would in coco.

CAn you give more details as to how exactly you do it?

The leaves. We can only track deficiencies in the leaves. The flowers are sinks not sources. That's why you can't flush nutrients from them.
Immobile would mean they were stuck in the leaves wouldn't it? So there's no way for those sinks to get those mineral nutrients except through uptake at the root zones. So if a plant had no nutrient solution at it's roots, and was in hydroponics, it would be developing buds in the absence of those immobile nutrients.

Hmm... Recent posts have sparked some thoughts....

From RQS:

"When compared to feeding your plants with synthetic nutrients, when you grow organically it is for the most part about improving your soil and as result of it improving the growth and health of your plants. Some cannabis growers who grow organically find that doing so enhances the flavour of the final product."

Reading like mad.... :reading420magazine:

Immobile would mean they were stuck in the leaves wouldn't it? So there's no way for those sinks to get those mineral nutrients except through uptake at the root zones. So if a plant had no nutrient solution at it's roots, and was in hydroponics, it would be developing buds in the absence of those immobile nutrients.
Sorry, right. I misread that as mobile nutrients! Immobile nutrients must come from the soil/water. Nothing comes from the flowers either way :).

Deprived of immobile nutrients at the soil/water level, the plant would grow poorly developed flowers and eventually starve.

It's implying the true problem is how the plant is grown, and what developes after is a misconception that plants grown (with synthetics) would need to be flushed to improve taste.

Which so far is still lacking evidence. Since buds are sinks they're one way streets. That alone separates the flushing and curing processes.

Which.. in order to refute that, there has to be some evidence or indication on the interwebs as to whether or not synthetic vs organic fertilizers impact terpenes, the flavor...

Back
Top Bottom