Gavita 1000e Series - A Doc Bud Journal/Review

What can I say? These are the best damn lights I've used or seen....ever.

As far as I know, there is nothing better for indoor growing than these double-ended HPS.

Picture_02690.jpg
Picture_025104.jpg
Picture_02495.jpg
Picture_023102.jpg
Picture_014215.jpg
Picture_013217.jpg
Picture_011247.jpg
Picture_007303.jpg
Picture_006322.jpg
Picture_005340.jpg
Picture_004355.jpg
Picture_002361.jpg
Picture_001366.jpg

I'll be concluding the "warm up" grow when the plants you see here are harvested. My intention is to plant all, or at least mostly Skywalker OG under the Gavita's. Here's the young mother plant:

Picture_021127.jpg

I'll have what he's having!

:jawdropper:

I was reading up on DE and like when you overdrive your 1K HPS lamp it will broaden your light spectrum. Your typical 1K HPS only had 400 watts of A&B (cphyl) with 600 watts heat energy. If you broaden your spectrum you can push more energy out and shift your green & yellow to the right and push orange and red under the A energy thus reducing heat and promoting higher photosynthesis rates as you are showing in your grow.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey doc......do u have these gravitas, turned up all the way yet? :passitleft:

Nope! Both are set at 850 watts. I want to add some BTU's of cooling and upgrade my humidifier before running them both at 1000, let alone 1150! I should get that done next week. I'm not comfortable being at the very edge of ability to keep things cool. I should be able to run them both on 1150 after next week.

This is the warm up run. The next one will hopefully by Skywalker OG. Perhaps toss a couple of something else alongside, like a Tangerine, Sour Grape, Gorilla Glue or one of the other new strains I currently have.

Hey doc, you thinking of adding bloodmeal to the skywalkers the first run in bloom or are you gonna run them with the conventional directions for the first run..........:passitleft:

:laughtwo: It depends on when you ask me. A few days ago it was bloodmeal all the way! Then I saw Flowerfarmer's Skywalker and I thought "Kit only!"

I'll use WayAhead for sure. Probably bloodmeal too.

I'm worried about a whole tray of lower brix soil.....the bugs are going to have a field day.

:laughtwo: It depends on when you ask me. A few days ago it was bloodmeal all the way! Then I saw Flowerfarmer's Skywalker and I thought "Kit only!"

I'll use WayAhead for sure. Probably bloodmeal too.

I'm worried about a whole tray of lower brix soil.....the bugs are going to have a field day.

Lol, these Jedi kush I'm running said they liked a lot of nitrogen through mid bloom.......im glad I added mine......although I might run one or a few next time with out just to see a difference, I will say I haven't added any Epsoms to the soil, since the application of wayahead 10x......:high-five:

Lol, these Jedi kush I'm running said they liked a lot of nitrogen through mid bloom.......im glad I added mine......although I might run one or a few next time with out just to see a difference, I will say I haven't added any Epsoms to the soil, since the application of wayahead 10x......:high-five:

Yep. That product is a Godsend for sure. Manganese, Calcium, Mag, zinc, nickel....all very important and all hard to get in containers, especially the manganese.

Epsoms are great when needed, but everything is stronger and better without. I've tried everything both ways and some strains are clearly better without.

If you're adding lots of ammoniacal N....like bloomeal....the Epsoms mitigate some of that as well as add sulfur and mag. But the soil suffers a bit.

This is what I'm excited about lately:

Skywalker OG, under the Gavita's. Clones soon, then veg....then bloom. I might grow the "mother" first just to see what it does.

Picture_001368.jpg

Resin production is getting stupid now. The purple is going to start and all the resin in going to look like a mess on those nice purple leaves. Oh well, nothing can be done about it I suppose. I'm just going to have to deal with stinky, smelly cannabis.

Picture_014217.jpg
Picture_013219.jpg
Picture_008276.jpg
Picture_007305.jpg
Picture_006324.jpg
Picture_005342.jpg
Picture_004356.jpg
Picture_002363.jpg

Thought I'd pull up a chair to watch a master at work. Nice job as always Doc.!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom