GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Thanks Jiggi!

I'm rooting for her too!

A lot of times trying new ways helps one better appreciate the old ways! :Rasta:
Rooting means something very different here in Australia but you can rest assured, I’ll root for her too, just as soon as my man gets home.

Lolling!

Hello all.

Just a quick update.

I was greeted this morning by this yellow-headed group, all born in the dark overnight!
FK P2 3-29-24 above ground.jpg

Left: Fat Kids Cake (2 each),
Next: still submerged Candy Dawg,
Next: Cap Junky,
Next: Godberry

I've got them about 12 inches beneath the @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro at it's lowest setting. Once they turn green I'll give them a little more light.

--------------------------

These three from Phase I are flippn' ready:

NT 3-29-24 D37 tent.jpg

-------------------------

The three are looking eminently flippable and the babies won't be babies for long at that rate!
Thanks Shed. Prepare for a bunch of "proud papa" pics!
Just an easy way to get iron (oxide) into the water supply
Live and learn!
Looks like you have no more issue with germination. Nice job GDB. :thumb: 🍋
No issue for the moment Keith. But the Germination Gremlin can pop in at any time, no invitation required!
Rooting means something very different here in Australia but you can rest assured, I’ll root for her too, just as soon as my man gets home.
I've got a feeling it doesn't mean to cook dinner, does it?
Gorgeous plants GDB, congrats on the babies.
Thanks Ms. Carmen. :)
I'm rooting too! Everyone root today Woot! Root!
Uh oh. You back on that pantless Friday thing again, Stone? :)

Thanks for your visit!

PEACE

Hello all.

Just a quick update.

I was greeted this morning by this yellow-headed group, all born in the dark overnight!

I've got them about 12 inches beneath the @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro at it's lowest setting. Once they turn green I'll give them a little more light.

NT 3-29-24 D37 tent.jpg

Live and learn!

No issue for the moment Keith. But the Germination Gremlin can pop in at any time, no invitation required!

Thanks for your visit!

PEACE
Fresh sprouts nice, phase 1 girls looking good

I shoulda infused my tea this afternoon! Instead I went sublingual. The elevation is to make Otis jealous!
Speaking of Otis, I once got fired from being an elevator operator because I couldn't learn the route! bada bing!

Hello all.

Just a quick update.

NT 3-29-24 D37 tent.jpg

Live and learn!

Thanks for your visit!

PEACE
Is that the ac infiniti self watering bases? I just got them, any tips for using? I hear to turn them often so the roots don't tangle in the wicks

Lolling!
I visited the very lovely Gold Coast of Australia so I know about "rooting". Not today, my wife has a headache. Compare to the natural growth of plants that occurs underground. Both good but completely different.

Is that the ac infiniti self watering bases? I just got them, any tips for using? I hear to turn them often so the roots don't tangle in the wicks
Yeah, @Timhomegrow, that's them.

They're working okay thus far. I haven't had any roots to escape my pots yet so there is no tangling. I lift and turn the plants daily. I always turn my plants and with these you really don't want to turn the base, just the plant.

Each base holds a gallon of water. When I first used mine I filled the bases. I figured since I was growing in coco, the plants couldn't get too much water. In hindsight, I probably should not have done that. I would have been better off filling the bases halfway. Filling them when the plants were not drinking a whole bunch meant the water sat in the base for long enough for the pH to drift drastically. That's a PITA! So you probably don't want to fill up the bases until the plants are drinking heartily. At the start, just fill them about half way.

The water-level indicators are not reliable. Pay them no mind.

I hope they work out for you!

I'm looking forward to trying them with a soil grow.

Hello all.

The Phase II babies are on their second day above the soil.

What I hope are the 2 Fat Kids Cakes (left) seem hearty and, gladly, they're staying close to the soil.

The Candy Dawg (2nd from left) hasn't emerged. I dug in and looked at her today. She's just sitting there like a seed in a puck, no sign of cracking or even trying to crack. Oh, well.

The Cap Junky to her right keeps falling and rising. Sometimes she's standing erect other times when I peek in, she sloping to the side. In addition, her cotyledons don't look healthy. I think I'll drop another Cap Junky.

The Godberry to the right of the CP looks hearty, as well. One of her cotyledons looks like it had a membrane issue but that's not likely to be a biggie.

NT P2 3-30-24 2 days above.jpg

-------------------------------

In Phase I, the Cosmic Lights must be addressed. I want to flip the other three plants and she's not ready for that party. I want to keep her on the swick base but she won't fit in the 2x2 with the seedlings using the base. It looks like I'm going to have to fire up the 4x4 tent just to house the CL for as long as it takes for her to recover. I didn't want to do that but I'm out of other ideas.

The thing about trying to nurse the CL is that she's on Grow Dots. They're mixed into the soil and they're there to stay. I could remove the plant and coco from the pot, try to remove most/all of the substrate and Dots and then transplant using another nutrient. But I don't want to ruffle the roots to that degree. I just don't think she would like it. Strike that. I think it would kill her.

So I did something today that I wish I had done days earlier. I took the CL off of the swick base. She's not drinking much so why am I trying to get her to drink more? I'm going to let her coco get a little dry and see if that increases the movement of her roots. (I am convinced that she has a little, weak root structure.) I'll give her bits (1L or less) of top water + calmag over the next few days and see what happens. And I'll fire up the 4x4 and move her in there so the rest of the girls can take a trip to Flipville!

-------------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Congrats on getting almost all your seeds to have (virtually) the same birthday!
The thing about trying to nurse the CL is that she's on Grow Dots. They're mixed into the soil and they're there to stay. I could remove the plant and coco from the pot, try to remove most/all of the substrate and Dots and then transplant using another nutrient. But I don't want to ruffle the roots to that degree. I just don't think she would like it. Strike that. I think it would kill her.
I replanted a sick plant after knocking off almost all the soil to replant in better soil. It looked like this at harvest and won Plant of the Month in Oct 2021. Just a thought if you want to move to soil and Dots/Strive.

That said, losing the SWICK and treating it like straight coco might be just the ticket. Either way is there healthy enough growth to grab some cuttings?

Congrats on getting almost all your seeds to have (virtually) the same birthday!

I replanted a sick plant after knocking off almost all the soil to replant in better soil. It looked like this at harvest and won Plant of the Month in Oct 2021. Just a thought if you want to move to soil and Dots/Strive.

That said, losing the SWICK and treating it like straight coco might be just the ticket. Either way is there healthy enough growth to grab some cuttings?
I would not hesitate to take that approach Shed, but this is the last shot I'll get with this strain. Just the chance that she wouldn't make it through a major transplant like that kind of scares me. I'm done with expecting a normal plant. Now I'm just trying to get some healthy cuts.

And no, I don't think she's ready to be cut on just yet, but hopefully soon!:Rasta:

I was visited by Zon today and finally have some clippers with a "masculine" color. I grew weary of the lime ones and the orange ones. These are more in line with my manly persona! 😁

ac infinity clippers.jpg

------------------------------

Thanks for looking in!

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom