GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Most of your plants are looking nice and healthy, GDB. I hope the fix for the CL does the trick. 🤞

Yeah, @Timhomegrow, that's them.

They're working okay thus far. I haven't had any roots to escape my pots yet so there is no tangling. I lift and turn the plants daily. I always turn my plants and with these you really don't want to turn the base, just the plant.

Each base holds a gallon of water. When I first used mine I filled the bases. I figured since I was growing in coco, the plants couldn't get too much water. In hindsight, I probably should not have done that. I would have been better off filling the bases halfway. Filling them when the plants were not drinking a whole bunch meant the water sat in the base for long enough for the pH to drift drastically. That's a PITA! So you probably don't want to fill up the bases until the plants are drinking heartily. At the start, just fill them about half way.

The water-level indicators are not reliable. Pay them no mind.

I hope they work out for you!

I'm looking forward to trying them with a soil grow.
Any reason you went with the diagonal/square pattern with the wick? I went criss cross but saw where some doubled their wicks to give more water. I got the XL bases so they will hold just over 2 gals each. Hoping it helps for trips ;)

Any reason you went with the diagonal/square pattern with the wick? I went criss cross but saw where some doubled their wicks to give more water. I got the XL bases so they will hold just over 2 gals each. Hoping it helps for trips ;)
Hey, Tim.

I'd read a few accounts of how the swicks couldn't keep up with the watering requirements of late flower. So I figured 8 lines dangling in the res would be better than only 4. I probably shouldn't have done it. Maybe would have been better to wait and see if the need really exists once they reach late flower.

You've got the big ones. Cool!

What medium will you be using?

I visited the very lovely Gold Coast of Australia so I know about "rooting". Not today, my wife has a headache. Compare to the natural growth of plants that occurs underground. Both good but completely different.
Literally going to the Gold Coast next weekend. There will defs be rooting lol!

I was visited by Zon today and finally have some clippers with a "masculine" color. I grew weary of the lime ones and the orange ones. These are more in line with my manly persona! 😁

ac infinity clippers.jpg

------------------------------

Thanks for looking in!

PEACE
So manly!

Hey, Tim.

I'd read a few accounts of how the swicks couldn't keep up with the watering requirements of late flower. So I figured 8 lines dangling in the res would be better than only 4. I probably shouldn't have done it. Maybe would have been better to wait and see if the need really exists once they reach late flower.

You've got the big ones. Cool!

What medium will you be using?
Interesting about the late flower watering. I've seen all sorts of combos online but no idea how successful each one is ha. I'm in soil, FfHF and MC.

Most of your plants are looking nice and healthy, GDB. I hope the fix for the CL does the trick. 🤞
Thanks so much HashGirl. :thanks:

I would not hesitate to take that approach Shed, but this is the last shot I'll get with this strain. Just the chance that she wouldn't make it through a major transplant like that kind of scares me. I'm done with expecting a normal plant. Now I'm just trying to get some healthy cuts.

And no, I don't think she's ready to be cut on just yet, but hopefully soon!:Rasta:

-------------------------

I was visited by Zon today and finally have some clippers with a "masculine" color. I grew weary of the lime ones and the orange ones. These are more in line with my manly persona! 😁

ac infinity clippers.jpg

------------------------------

Thanks for looking in!

PEACE
That’s the ones I have. The lock can be annoying but, they cut clean. I have surgical scissors for topping and just picked up a pair of chikamasa fluorine coated trim scissors. Haven’t used them yet but bought them on a recommendation.
I’ve been happy with just about everything from AC Infinity

Hello all.

It's Flip Day 1 for the New Trick(ed) girls!

I try to always post a pic on Flip 1 just so I have it a reference point. Please allow me:
NT 4-1-24 F1 tent.jpg

To me, none of them looks like I gave them a recent haircut (4 days ago):
NT 3-28-24 D36 tent.jpg

Guess that's why we treat them the way we do! :)

Here's sorta' an eyelevel view:
NT 4-1-24 F1 eyelevel.jpg

(So much algae!)

I haven't talked much about how I trained these plants. It was a departure from my usual in that I left more nodes in place than I usually do, 4 instead of three. That meant they really had to be snipped on a regular in order to keep them open and airy. I was also sometimes able to use a single pipe cleaner to anchor 2 branches. :)

NT 4-1-24 training example.jpg

-------------------------------

I had another Christmas morning in an off-month. This time, the prize delivered was my set of Remo nutrients!

Oh boy! It's no secret that I especially enjoy trying new nutrients! :yahoo:
IMG_8560.jpg

--------------------------------

That's all for Flip Day 1.

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

It's Flip Day 1 for the New Trick(ed) girls!

I try to always post a pic on Flip 1 just so I have it a reference point. Please allow me:
They're looking bright and healthy!
just picked up a pair of chikamasa fluorine coated trim scissors. Haven’t used them yet but bought them on a recommendation.
I got a pair of those, I really like them.

I had another Christmas morning in an off-month. This time, the prize delivered was my set of Remo nutrients!

Oh boy! It's no secret that I especially enjoy trying new nutrients! :yahoo:
IMG_8560.jpg

--------------------------------

That's all for Flip Day 1.

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE
I like Remo, but their nutrient schedule is super heavy handed. @LKABudMan and @InTheShed did some calculations to tone it down to a more functional brew a while back.

Plants are looking superb, by the way. Greener than a golf course in a wet July.

Hello all.

It's Day 2 for the Phase II babies.

I kinda' saw this coming but was hoping it would somehow turn out differently.

The Cap Junky didn't make it. :rip:

NT P2 4-2-23 D2 .jpg

She tried to hang on. I'll give her credit for that.

I've decided not to drop another CJ right now. I'm just gonna' go with the 3 remaining plants.

That being the case, here's a little information about the 2 remaining strains:

------------------------

Godberry:

Godberry is a pure Indica cannabis strain, a potent cross between the legendary strains Blueberry and God. This genetic combination has bestowed Godberry with a rich, fruity aroma and a powerful, deeply relaxing effect. It kicks off with a strong cerebral buzz that elevates the mood and induces euphoria, swiftly followed by a sedating body buzz that eases you into a state of relaxation and encourages sleep. Godberry exhibits the classic Indica bud structure with dense, chunky flowers that are rich in color, ranging from deep green to hints of purple, likely inherited from its Blueberry parentage. The buds are covered in a thick layer of crystalline trichomes, signifying its potency, interspersed with orange pistils that add to its visual appeal.

True to its lineage, Godberry has a delightful aroma that combines the sweet, fruity notes of Blueberry with earthy undertones. The flavor is similarly enticing, with a sweet berry taste that has a slight herbal finish, making every hit a pleasurable experience.

Godberry's effects are quintessentially Indica, starting with a robust cerebral euphoria that uplifts the spirit and can stimulate creativity. This heady onset gradually gives way to a powerful body buzz that deeply relaxes the muscles and soothes the mind, making it an excellent choice for evening use or just before bedtime. Its ability to induce relaxation and sleep makes it a favorite among those seeking relief from stress, insomnia, and pain.

Godberry is considered a moderate strain to grow, suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments. It typically flowers within 8 to 9 weeks when grown indoors, and by late September to early October when grown outdoors. The strain is known for its resilience and generous yield. The terpene profile of Godberry likely includes myrcene, which contributes to its sedative effects, pinene for its pain-relief properties, and caryophyllene, which adds to its stress-relieving qualities.

It sounds interesting. Her THC rating is 18-21%. I think I'll like it!

--------------------------

Fat Kid's Cake:

Fatkid's Cake is a deliciously tantalising cross of Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie.
This 60% indica cannabis hybrid is quite easy to grow with a little experience under
the belt and promises sky-high levels of THC, good yields and a more-ish flavour.
It is also highly resistant to swings in temperature, mould and plant diseases.

Fatkid's Cake takes 8 - 9 weeks of flowering indoors with yields between 400 - 500 gr/m2
of dense, oval-shaped buds. Outdoors yields can almost double, up to a maximum of
800 gr/m2. Whether grown indoors or outdoors Fatkid's Cake requires high light
intensity and low levels of humidity which pretty much precludes outdoor cultivation
in northern Europe.

This is a tasty strain with sweet flavours of spice, vanilla and chocolate with some
earthy notes. THC content can reach a mind-blowing 30% with just 1% CBD. The effect
is joyfully relaxed sensations and, quite possibly, the munchies. A great strain for
evenings but without any couch-lock effect.

This is one of the first strains that I saw claiming a THC level of 30%. I got these seeds several years ago but have yet to grow one. Both of the seedlings have gotten off to a good start and I'm looking forward to watching their growth!

------------------------

I'll have a Cap Junky in my next grow for sure. (At least I'll try to.) I just don't feel like doing another germination right now. I'll have to chalk up another victory for my Lazy-Meter. :straightface:

The Cosmic Lights is all alone in the 4x4. She's been off of the swick base for a few days now and her pot still remains wet. That's not a good sign. Her condition does not seem to be worsening. That is a good sign!

I've told her that I will post no more pics of her until she shows signs of improvement.

Let's see if she has an ego! :Rasta:

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 2 for the Phase II babies.

I kinda' saw this coming but was hoping it would somehow turn out differently.

The Cap Junky didn't make it. :rip:

NT P2 4-2-23 D2 .jpg

She tried to hang on. I'll give her credit for that.

I've decided not to drop another CJ right now. I'm just gonna' go with the 3 remaining plants.

That being the case, here's a little information about the 2 remaining strains:

------------------------

Godberry:

Godberry is a pure Indica cannabis strain, a potent cross between the legendary strains Blueberry and God. This genetic combination has bestowed Godberry with a rich, fruity aroma and a powerful, deeply relaxing effect. It kicks off with a strong cerebral buzz that elevates the mood and induces euphoria, swiftly followed by a sedating body buzz that eases you into a state of relaxation and encourages sleep. Godberry exhibits the classic Indica bud structure with dense, chunky flowers that are rich in color, ranging from deep green to hints of purple, likely inherited from its Blueberry parentage. The buds are covered in a thick layer of crystalline trichomes, signifying its potency, interspersed with orange pistils that add to its visual appeal.

True to its lineage, Godberry has a delightful aroma that combines the sweet, fruity notes of Blueberry with earthy undertones. The flavor is similarly enticing, with a sweet berry taste that has a slight herbal finish, making every hit a pleasurable experience.

Godberry's effects are quintessentially Indica, starting with a robust cerebral euphoria that uplifts the spirit and can stimulate creativity. This heady onset gradually gives way to a powerful body buzz that deeply relaxes the muscles and soothes the mind, making it an excellent choice for evening use or just before bedtime. Its ability to induce relaxation and sleep makes it a favorite among those seeking relief from stress, insomnia, and pain.

Godberry is considered a moderate strain to grow, suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments. It typically flowers within 8 to 9 weeks when grown indoors, and by late September to early October when grown outdoors. The strain is known for its resilience and generous yield. The terpene profile of Godberry likely includes myrcene, which contributes to its sedative effects, pinene for its pain-relief properties, and caryophyllene, which adds to its stress-relieving qualities.

It sounds interesting. Her THC rating is 18-21%. I think I'll like it!

--------------------------

Fat Kid's Cake:

Fatkid's Cake is a deliciously tantalising cross of Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie.
This 60% indica cannabis hybrid is quite easy to grow with a little experience under
the belt and promises sky-high levels of THC, good yields and a more-ish flavour.
It is also highly resistant to swings in temperature, mould and plant diseases.

Fatkid's Cake takes 8 - 9 weeks of flowering indoors with yields between 400 - 500 gr/m2
of dense, oval-shaped buds. Outdoors yields can almost double, up to a maximum of
800 gr/m2. Whether grown indoors or outdoors Fatkid's Cake requires high light
intensity and low levels of humidity which pretty much precludes outdoor cultivation
in northern Europe.

This is a tasty strain with sweet flavours of spice, vanilla and chocolate with some
earthy notes. THC content can reach a mind-blowing 30% with just 1% CBD. The effect
is joyfully relaxed sensations and, quite possibly, the munchies. A great strain for
evenings but without any couch-lock effect.

This is one of the first strains that I saw claiming a THC level of 30%. I got these seeds several years ago but have yet to grow one. Both of the seedlings have gotten off to a good start and I'm looking forward to watching their growth!

------------------------

I'll have a Cap Junky in my next grow for sure. (At least I'll try to.) I just don't feel like doing another germination right now. I'll have to chalk up another victory for my Lazy-Meter. :straightface:

The Cosmic Lights is all alone in the 4x4. She's been off of the swick base for a few days now and her pot still remains wet. That's not a good sign. Her condition does not seem to be worsening. That is a good sign!

I've told her that I will post no more pics of her until she shows signs of improvement.

Let's see if she has a ego! :Rasta:

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

PEACE
Sucks that the CJ never made it hopefully the CL straightens up i'm betting she will

Oops (for the umpteenth time)!

I'm jealous. On both counts. :cool:
Don't be jealous BiggMakk. Just pretend you're on the Gold Coast and get your root on! :Rasta:
just picked up a pair of chikamasa fluorine coated trim scissors.
What's the benefit of the flourine coating Olddog?
Happy April Flip Day! 🙃
Thanks Shed! :)
They're looking bright and healthy!
Thanks so much Stunger. :thanks:
Plants look GOOD butI have to ask GDB ,what's up with the algae on the sides of the pots?? Any way to correct it or doesn't that bother what you got going on? My experience with algae is its a 02 robber! Just asking not criticizing
I'm not sure SOG. I'm thinking it could be having too many wick lines in play with not enough roots to deal with the moisture that's present. Remember, this is my first run with the swick bases. I dare say your guess is as good as mine! Every now and then I'll take a dull knife and scrape a bunch off, but it really doesn't concern me that much.

I've heard that they will feed off of any available nutrients so they might be pinching a little food from my plants!
I like Remo, but their nutrient schedule is super heavy handed. @LKABudMan and @InTheShed did some calculations to tone it down to a more functional brew a while back.

Plants are looking superb, by the way. Greener than a golf course in a wet July.
Good to know Rhino! I haven't opened the box yet so I have not seen their schedule.

When I'm ready to use them, I'll reach out to those who have some experience with them. :)
Flip day is a benchmark day! It's Bud dreaming time! Have fun with @Remo Nutrients ! They're pretty awesome! Your ladies are looking bright and cheery today!
Thanks Stone! If you recall, did you use Remo per their feed schedule?
Looks like all is under control in here Nice Flip to Buds ! Training looks good too !
Thanks Smoke. The training hopefully will keep them shortish. However, I have some doubt about whether the Blue Cindy is going to be as cooperative as the other two! :rolleyes:
Looking good, GDB! Ready to see some pom-poms lol! :lot-o-toke:
I'm ready for some stretch, Drekoola, then pom poms! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom