GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Going to hang out for this one if it's cool GDB.
Always a good laugh around here bro.
Cheers
It's more than cool if you hang out Sparky!

IKR! Some humorous folks visit here and I'm glad they do! :Rasta:

Point them out when they do so I will know whose posts to Haha. :thanks:
Well, you can't Haha your own post, but yeah, that guy is one of 'em! 😁

Sunflower seeds is all I am popping right now. Next month I will start thinking about weed seeds. I have Mac & Crack and Pineapple Chunks I most likely will not start till April.
I've been following your posts. I was asking about the sunflower seeds.

Grand Daddy has sprouts :woohoo:

I'm interested to see how well the auto watering pots work. When I used rope with my plant risers it didn't seem to wick as well as strips cut from an old bag did. Keep that in mind if you notice any water issue down the road.

Grand Daddy has sprouts :woohoo:

I'm interested to see how well the auto watering pots work. When I used rope with my plant risers it didn't seem to wick as well as strips cut from an old bag did. Keep that in mind if you notice any water issue down the road.
The cords are quite soft and seem like they would sop up water pretty well.

I was going to tell you it's more like a "cord" than a "rope."

Then I read the way it's described on Zon and they called it both!

Self Watering Capillary Wicking Hydroponic Wick Cord Vacation Plant Sitter DIY Self-Watering Planter Pot Automatic Water System Device Potted Violet Auto Seedling Waterer Rope​

Damn, that's a mouthful! 🙂

Hello all.

I can't help but cherish the baby pics. We get so little time to capture them!

New Trick babies 2-24-24 D3.JPG

Blue Cindy then Lemon Bubble then Cosmic Lights then Hash Lover.

The little LB was the last to surface (on 2/21) and she's now got her second set of leaves going. That means it's time for some more of my "fuzzy" day-counting. Because I have no intention of tracking these plants completely, accurately by their actual birthdate, I'm calling this Day 3 for the entire group.

I typically call Day 1 for a plant when the second set of leaves appear. But when several seeds emerge days apart it's just too much trouble. Much easier, IMO, to assign an arbitrary Day 1 that is "close" to accurate. It makes reporting on their progress much easier. And while it may matter to some whether a plant "actually" finishes in 90 days or 95 days, it doesn't matter to me! :Rasta:

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Hello all.

The little LB was the last to surface (on 2/21) and she's now got her second set of leaves going. That means it's time for some more of my "fuzzy" day-counting. Because I have no intention of tracking these plants completely accurately by their actual birthdate, I'm calling this Day 3 for the entire group.

I typically call Day 1 for a plant when the second set of leaves appear. But when several seeds emerge days apart it's just too much trouble. Much easier, IMO, to assign an arbitrary Day 1 that is "close" to accurate. It makes reporting on their progress much easier. And while it may matter to some whether a plant "actually" finishes in 90 days or 95 days, it doesn't matter to me! :Rasta:

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE
looking strong & happy

Hello all.

I like baby pics!

Babies 2-22-24.jpg

babies 2-22-24 (1).jpg

----------------------------------

NEW TRICKS

Since joining 420 I have been curious about growing in coco. I've stayed away from it because of the frequent watering requirements, with both the Lazy-Meter and me agreeing that having to water plants twice or more per day is a non-starter.

However, watching what @LKABudMan is doing in his Jetson's box has nudged me to give coco a go!

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then I'm about to flatter BudMan big time! I love what's going on in his space-aged box and I think I can get nearly similar results in my Flintstone's tent! 😁

Thanks to this:
sw pot closed.JPG

sw pot open.JPG

A self-watering swicking pot will serve nicely.

I've got 4 of them and plan to use them all during this grow.

I know I have long-extolled the pleasure of top-watering and how much I prefer it to reservoirs and such. But LKABudMan has persuaded to take the leap. (At least during the beginning part of this grow I'll get to top-water.)

The Cosmic Lights and Blue Cindy will go into 5 gallon pots. The Hash Lover and Lemon Bubble will be grown in 3s.

Since I have a brand new bag on hand, I'll raise at least two of the plants on MC, just like BudMan.

The other two may be raised on some new organic nutrients that I have on hand but have yet to try (undecided until I get some questions answered from the manufacturer).

-----------------------------------

So that's this old dog's new trick.

I can also roll over, and I'm really good at playing dead! 🙂

-----------------------------------

Thanks for peeking in.

PEACE
What are the lines on the Solo cup ? Is it layering in the cup of potting mix then pearlite.
So are you going to sit fabric pots on those swick bases?
🤔🙂

Thank goodness for a chance encounter with this link! I'm glad I got here in time to see babies! :cheer: I love the sound of the strains and I agree with Bode and Mel, the Blue Cindy sounds really yummy and a cool high. Nice.

Hello all.

The little LB was the last to surface (on 2/21) and she's now got her second set of leaves going. That means it's time for some more of my "fuzzy" day-counting. Because I have no intention of tracking these plants completely, accurately by their actual birthdate, I'm calling this Day 3 for the entire group.

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE
Happy birthday 🎂🎉🥳 congrats again! I'll be grabbing a seat for sure 😁 oh and welcome to the dark side 🤣

Hello growers and Happy Sunday.

So according to my count, which takes into account the International Timeline, it's Day 2 for the New Trick girls.

Proud papa is still stretching folks' patience with baby pics. 🙂

Solo pics in Solo cups!

Lemon Bubble:
Lemon Bubble 2-25-24 D2.JPG

Blue Cindy:
Blud Cindy 2-25-24 D2.JPG

Hash Lover:
Hash Lover 2-25-24 D2.JPG

Cosmic Lights:
Cosmic Lights 2-25-24 D2.JPG

------------------------------

Just got around to reading the descriptions of the seeds sounds really good hoping all goes well with the New tricks
Thanks Smoke. :thanks:
looking strong & happy
Thanks con. I hope they stay that way.
Nothing shows you care like a Vick's Vaporizer!

Looking good.
Thanx Shed.

An aside: My grandmother used to have me eat some Vick's Vaporub when I was an ailing child. Later on in life when I had my own ailing child I wanted to do the same for him. Mrs. GDB, of course, objected. She showed me on the jar where it said the product was not for internal use. I relented and just came to terms with the fact that my wife is not a smart as my grandma was.
Congrats on the little ones!
Thanx Carcass!
The lazy meter is going to love this grow....
If it does that means I will too! :Rasta:
Off to a good start. Glad your germination woes are over.
I've been wanting to try those bases for a while now so I'm anxious to see how they work out for you.
Thanks Regrowth. We'll find out together how they perform!
What are the lines on the Solo cup ? Is it layering in the cup of potting mix then pearlite.
So are you going to sit fabric pots on those swick bases?
I don't know what lines you're referring to Abs. There is no layering in the cups just Lush soil, and it's so porous that I didn't even add perlite.

Yes, fabric pots will sit on the bases.
Thank goodness for a chance encounter with this link! I'm glad I got here in time to see babies! :cheer: I love the sound of the strains and I agree with Bode and Mel, the Blue Cindy sounds really yummy and a cool high. Nice.
Glad you had that encounter Ms. Carmen and welcome to the dog pound!
Yikes! Cosmic lights is cookin with gas! She's dried out her pot and grown double the nodes! You got a runner!
Not quite, Stone.

The CL had a headstart on the others. She surfaced (root-first) on Feb. 11th. By the 13th she was growing right side up. But because all the other seeds I had buried along with the CL failed, I dropped more seeds on the 15th. Then the Hash Lover emerged on the 18th; the Blue Cindy on the 19th, and; the Lemon Bubble on the 20th.

My "fuzzy" method of counting days can lead to confusion initially, but down the road it will matter not!
Happy birthday 🎂🎉🥳 congrats again! I'll be grabbing a seat for sure 😁 oh and welcome to the dark side 🤣
Thanks GV! What is this "dark side" you speak of? :Rasta:
Doing good you aint killed one yet , hope ya don't LOL Runner thats always a good sigh huh GBD
Thanks Smoke. I seldom kill 'em if I can get 'em going! 🙂

----------------------------

Thanks for stopping by and have yourselves a peaceful and pleasant Sunday.

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom