Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Vegetative
First date in Soil: 23rd January
Soil mix: Vege soil + horse manure + BioBizz Light Mix
Pot Size: 1 gallon pot
Light Cycle: 18/6 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 26.6°C / 45% Humidity
Last watered: 28th February without nutrients
Fertiliser: Metrop Fertilisers (MR1+ AminoExtreme + RootStimulator + Calgreen)

Hello everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you and your grows are doing well. :circle-of-love:
Ours however are not looking so good for the past week. This update unfortunately is more of a "what's wrong with our grows??? " moment instead of hoping to give good news. I was pretty certain this kind of days will happen sooner or later. I'm on a learning process and so far I've applied what I've read and viewed to our grows but it seems my diagnostics still needs more training. So it's time I need the help of my mentors here to tell me what's happening to our grows?
:thanks: mentors! :love:

First off Hubby's eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_214226.JPG

IMG_214324.JPG

So far she's not doing that bad. From the curled leaves and some burns I deduced that she might have been overfed with nutrients. That was my diagnosis though. Hubby fed her half dose last saturday (4 days ago) and upon seeing this yesterday, he gave only water to her yesterday. What's your take on this?

Hubby's youngest grow taken this morning:

IMG_214123.JPG

IMG_214025.JPG

She has been experiencing slow growth lately. Since the last update, hubby watered her the day after (4 days ago) and yesterday hubby watered her again even though I advised against it. But I have to say this morning she does look better though. What's should be our next action for this grow?

My eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_213726.JPG

IMG_213825.JPG

I gave her a feeding 1/3 dose 4 days ago and she's actually doing okay. Just that the yellow leaves at the bottom bothers me. I've already trimmed their first true leaves before which were yellow by the way. So this yellowing is on their second set. I'm holding off any watering or feeding on this grow till I get some advice on what should I do next for her. Also I just topped her 2 days ago. :)

My youngest grow:

IMG_213420.JPG

IMG_213620.JPG

This grow is my favourite as she was doing so well.. until yesterday. :jawdropper:
The bottom leaves began to be lighter yesterday and I was actually panicking. I though I was doing well with her. Honestly I was heartbroken. Her last feeding was 4 days ago at 1/3 dose and upon seeing this yesterday I watered her in an effort to "dissolve" the nutrients so to speak. I'm not sure but I have a feeling it's not a nutrient issue though. Anyways what do you guys think? Am I wrong?
P.S: the brown leaf below is the one that I accidentally tore during my LSTing. :(

Hubby and I figured we might have fed our grows too early on nutrients... We kinda figured this as we look at our Northern Lights growing so well. They're up to their 4th node now with no nutrient feeding as yet.
We should have waited while longer to feed for our Shiva Shantis'... ahh well... We learn from this anyway.

Thank you everyone for following my journal. Looking forward to your comments and diagnosis on this update. Wishing you all a great week and Blessings of love to you and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
Do not worry about the yellowing of those leaves. The branches are already formed at that node so that leaf is not needed and it may also be in the shadow of the higher leaf. Looks like a nitrogen deficiency maybe . But just slight if any. The new growth is not a pale green .

"carpe diem"

Update: Week 7 (Day 43)
Stage: Vegetative
Light Cycle: 18/6 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 26.8°C / 42% Humidity
Last watered: 7th & 8th March without nutrients

Good day everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you and your grows are doing well as always. :love::love:
The last update was filled with issues of our grows. Been doing our best to rectify the problems in the past week and our grows are recovering from that I suppose. We have been holding off the nutrient feed and has just been giving them water. Here's an update on how they are doing so far.

Hubby's eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_216428.JPG

She's growing okay we suppose. Honey has been very cautious lately and gave her a little watering yesterday. Like a teacup size. The leaf tips are still curling down so I guess she's still recovering from the over fertilisation.

Hubby's younger grow taken this morning:

IMG_216530.JPG

Unfortunately this grow doesn't seem to be getting better. She hasn't been given any watering since my last update (just checked the calendar now). Hubby is going to give her a watering in a while now that he realised it. Haha... In all honesty, I think hubby seem to have abandoned this grow thinking she can't make it. Told hubby I will gladly adopt her if he decides so. Hahaha.. Well in any case, I really hope this grow will be better after her watering later.

My Eldest grow:

IMG_214818.JPG

Don't be shocked.. hahaha... This was taken last Saturday before I gave her a watering. I admit I was trying to dry her as much as I can to find out her wet dry cycle. So after her watering last Saturday, I waited till this morning to water her again.

My Eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_216227.JPG

I'm glad that she perked up and her 2 new tops are stretching again. I'm really cautious on feeding her at the moment as some her leave tips have some nute burn. I might after another watering or 2 but any advice on what signs should I look for to know she needs feeding?

My Younger grow taken last Saturday before watering:

IMG_214924.JPG

Same thing for her, I was finding out her wet/dry cycle and hold off her feeding. Watered her yesterday and here's how she looks this morning.

Younger grow taken this morning:

IMG_216326.JPG

I did some LSTing on her tops this morning since they grew taller than last Saturday. :) Her next watering will be in the next 2 days which I'm hoping she will show some pistils then. Because I do want to transplant her to a bigger pot.

Hubby and I realised and I might have forgotten to mention this, the soil of our grows (not all, I think 2 of them) are from our previous grow attempts. We figured this might have contributed to the nutrient lockout and the high pH of our grows. Not to mention, we did add some perlite soil mix on top of all of them so it wasn't mix properly. Hence why I'm considering of transplanting my grows to a bigger pot. Any suggestions and comments on this are appreciated though.

Group pic:

IMG_216130.JPG

Here they are in their home this morning. At the back is my Northern Lights auto (25 days old) in Coco/perlite mix soil doing quite well with no nutrients.:) Hence the reason why we think the soil mix in our Shiva Shanti grows affected them. Hubby's Northern Lights is not in the picture as she hermied on him so she has been taken out for the moment.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible nor have I did something to do with the outcome of his grow. :laughtwo:

Thank you everyone for following my journal and I greatly appreciate the kind words of encouragement, comments and feedbacks of our grows. Hope you all have a great week ahead and al always, Blessings of Love to you and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

:rofl: :laughtwo: disclaimers can be an admission of fault, just saying, lol. There looking good and great job on the LST, we have had good results with it as well and harvest time is more fun on those plants :) Poor hubbie seems to be getting the short end of the stick here lately on the grows, you sure your not adding a little something to his girls water? :welldone: :rofl: Just giving you a hard time HP, they are doing good and I'm sure you will share some of your harvest with your hubbie so he gets a win for that.

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

:rofl: :laughtwo: disclaimers can be an admission of fault, just saying, lol. There looking good and great job on the LST, we have had good results with it as well and harvest time is more fun on those plants :) Poor hubbie seems to be getting the short end of the stick here lately on the grows, you sure your not adding a little something to his girls water? :welldone: :rofl: Just giving you a hard time HP, they are doing good and I'm sure you will share some of your harvest with your hubbie so he gets a win for that.

Thanks Arctic..... hahahaha really it is a disclaimer... :rofl:

Yeah hubby been having an unlucky streak lately but he does have his good ones too. Apparently he sent an email to the seed bank to inform them of the ball sacs that appear on his plant and behold, the seed bank is sending another 3 seeds as a goodwill gesture. :yahoo:

Blessings of love to you and wifey and your grows Arctic! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Heya HP, hope you and hubby are doing amazing in your world. Waiting to see more pics of your beautiful girls and make sure your not slipping a ruufy to his ladies to take advantage of them:rofl:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend you guys. Much love sent your way from Mrs. And I

Hiya Arctic! Thanks for the sweet thoughts... :thanks:
hahaha... I'm not and I don't have to... lol :laugh:

Our girls are getting back on the mend.. Gave them a bit of feeding after a 2 week starvation period couple of days ago. So yep they're recovering.
Hubby and I just bought some pH down solution and a tester kit too yesterday. So going to give the girls a pH corrected watering tomorrow or the day after. Will post an update then..

Blessings of Love to you and wifey and your beautiful grows... :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: Your garden is getting crowded soon.. Good luck on the new seeds yah :cheer:

Update: Week 8 (Day 50)
Stage: Flowering (Day 2)
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 26.8°C / 48% Humidity
Last watered: 14th March with pH 6.0 water

Hello everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you and your grows are doing well as usual. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
For the past week we made a couple of changes to our grows. First we finally bought a decent ph tester and a pH down solution to fix our pH issue which most probably is the problem with our grows. Also, we flipped their light cycle to 12/12 a couple of days ago. Since it's been about 7 weeks of vegging now (including issues in between) and our autos are in their 4th week vegging period, we figured it's time to flip. :high-five:

Honey Eldest grow taken yesterday:

IMG_217020.JPG

Honey Eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_217127.JPG

Another change this week was when Hubby decided to transplant this grow to a bigger pot. Oh yes I forgot to mention she has pistils.:cheer: Apparently when we removed her from her old pot 6 days ago, her roots was almost root bound. We think it was a good move to transplant her as it looks like her roots was too much for the pot. She looks better in her new pot and I have to say she's growing better than my grows now. Hahaha... We haven't fed her nutrients with her new pot. Figured the 70% biobizz light mix and 30% coco has a good amount of it already.

Honey younger grow taken yesterday:

IMG_216927.JPG

Honey younger grow taken this morning:

IMG_217225.JPG

Together with his elder grow, hubby watered them with pH 6.0 water yesterday. More like a flush I would say. We also checked the pH of our runoff and for this grow, it was closer to 7.0. Well thanks to our mentors here, we're now looking into the pH levels of our grows. She's looking a bit more greener than yesterday. :thumb:

My eldest grow taken yesterday:

IMG_216730.JPG

My eldest grow taken this morning:

IMG_217323.JPG

I didn't however do a flush for this grow yet as yesterday and this morning too, her soil was still quite damp. I gave her 1/3 dose feeding last saturday and I'm waiting till maybe tomorrow when she's a bit more lighter and dry to flush her. But compared to the last update, her upper two shoots have been growing quite well. Don't want to stress her further with the overwatering. :)

My younger grow taken yesterday:

IMG_216827.JPG

My younger grow taken this morning:

IMG_217421.JPG

Seems obvious that she needed a watering yesterday. Gave her a good flushing of ph 6.0 water and glad she's doing better today. I'm monitoring her curled tips and I really really want to transplant her to a bigger pot. Just waiting on her to show some pistils to do that. Hubby been telling me to but I don't want to waste the soil use for transplanting in case she's a male. So since we flipped the light cycle 2 days ago, I really hope she shows some signs soon.

As you can see we've been putting our grows outdoors for some sun. Spring is here I guess as the weather has been beautiful here lately. Hope it's the same for you guys too. :)
Thank you for following my journal :thanks: and I'm always looking forward to your comments and feedback. Oh and by the way, it's time to vote for your member of the month here:
420 Magazine's Member of the Month - March 2017

Congratulations on the nominations and Good luck to all of them and thank you for helping the community here especially aspiring growers like me. :bravo:

Have a great week ahead everyone and Blessings of Love to you and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:.

Heya HP, girls are looking awesome and I'm sure you will enjoy your efforts of PH ing your water. They can be picky with PH, not always but they can be. I know a grower that never does PH adjusting and gets mixed results so it for sure can be done without it but, if we were not using Docs kit we would still be PH ing our water every single time and your results will more than likely show you took the extra step to PH.

Hope all is great with you and yours, lol I'm secretly cheering for hubbies girl (so don't be watering his down with some low ass PH water hahaha)

Heya HP, girls are looking awesome and I'm sure you will enjoy your efforts of PH ing your water. They can be picky with PH, not always but they can be. I know a grower that never does PH adjusting and gets mixed results so it for sure can be done without it but, if we were not using Docs kit we would still be PH ing our water every single time and your results will more than likely show you took the extra step to PH.

Hope all is great with you and yours, lol I'm secretly cheering for hubbies girl (so don't be watering his down with some low ass PH water hahaha)

Thanks Arctic! :thanks: I think we needed the lesson on pH as we didn't experience during our first attempt.
You're right in saying ignoring the pH will get mixed results and now Hubby and I kept comparing our current grows to our first attempt. We did better than the first that's for sure.

Hehehe.. don't worry, hubby is keeping a close eye on his plants and a closer eye on me..lol...

Blessings of love to you and wifey and your garden too... They look massive! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Hiya everyone! Need immediate assistance on this... :Namaste:
It's with my Northern Lights Auto... So far she's been doing well with pistils growing on the tops but.....
Been noticing some teardrop shaped "balls" for the past 2 days but wasn't sure whether she's going hermie on me or it's me being crazy for no reason... Can tell me what you guy think on this? Helppppp... :bitingnails:

fullsizeoutput_5f51.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f50.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f4c.jpeg

IMG_217823.JPG

Blessings of Love everyone! :circle-of-love:

Hiya everyone! Need immediate assistance on this... :Namaste:
It's with my Northern Lights Auto... So far she's been doing well with pistils growing on the tops but.....
Been noticing some teardrop shaped "balls" for the past 2 days but wasn't sure whether she's going hermie on me or it's me being crazy for no reason... Can tell me what you guy think on this? Helppppp... :bitingnails:

fullsizeoutput_5f51.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f50.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f4c.jpeg

IMG_217823.JPG

Blessings of Love everyone! :circle-of-love:
Looks a little like it is a hermie . The first pic appears to have a pistil coming out of it. So let it a day or sothwy may be calyxes forming. If not you can just pick off the flowers and still get a decent smoke from your plant

"carpe diem"

Looking much better all round! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Thanks Spookies! :thanks:

Looks a little like it is a hermie . The first pic appears to have a pistil coming out of it. So let it a day or sothwy may be calyxes forming. If not you can just pick off the flowers and still get a decent smoke from your plant

"carpe diem"
Thanks Islandgrow :thanks:... I'm feeling more relief now... Phew... Will keep an eye out for these.. :)

They look like caylix but yes wait a couple days, nanners will be long yellow tube shaped parts.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Thank you Pennywise :thanks: I'll have to look around at how nanners look like.

Thanks everyone for your help... Blessings of Love to all and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Heya HP, just popping by to see how you guys are doing and check in on your garden. Hope all is well and your plants are enjoying themselves and are growing awesome.

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Hiya AB! Thanks for checking in.. :Namaste:
Going to post an update soon after their watering session in a few moments :)
Hope your grows are doing well too.. They seem very happy with Doc's Kit....

Blessings of love to you and wifey :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Update: Week 9 (Day 58)
Stage: Flowering (Day 10)
Soil mix: Vege soil + horse manure + BioBizz Light Mix + Coco
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 26.9°C / 52% Humidity
Last watered: 23rd March with pH 6.5 water

Good day everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you and your grows are doing great and growing well. Hubby and I had a very busy week. Mainly because we found our Northern Lights autos were growing some "balls". :thedoubletake:
So it was a week where we meticulously pluck out the balls as we see them and cleaned our grow room with 10% bleach just in case. At this moment everything looks stable but as a precaution, we separated our autos from the grow room during their sleep period. But in the day we try to put all of them out in the sun when we can. Separately of course. Anyway let's start the update with hubby's grows. :)

Hubby's Eldest grow:

IMG_220430.JPG

IMG_220523.JPG

IMG_220621.JPG

IMG_221319.JPG

I have to say she's been growing very well and fast ever since we transplanted her. She has taken the lead among all our grows even mine. Hubby is really impressed and happy (I would say) of her growth and the amount of pistils growing. Her last feeding was last Monday (3 days ago) with a full dose and Hubby gave her a watering this morning with ph 6.5 water. She looked like she has a bit of nute overdose but generally she's quite okay. :cheer:

Hubby's younger grow:

IMG_220820.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5f53.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f52.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f54.jpeg

Well here is the part where Hubby and I need your expertise. :) I've noticed the signs on this about 2 days ago and this morning to me it's a confirmation. Hubby is not sure and he's thinking it's not a male. What do you guys think?

My Eldest grow:

IMG_220725.JPG

My poor grow... She's still struggling in the pack. But after her flushed last week with ph 6.5 water, she looks much better. She might need a bit more nutrients it seems for the light greener leaves at the bottom but I'm waiting till tomorrow when I transplant her to a bigger pot. Hence I gave her a watering today and hopefully tomorrow to use the pot and soil of hubby's younger grow (after confirmation of course) :laugh:
I do however wonder is it a good idea to reuse the soil from my hubby's grow (after culling it) or is it better to use new soil?

My younger grow:

IMG_218628.JPG

IMG_218725.JPG

IMG_218820.JPG

The pictures are taken last Saturday (5 days ago) where I decided to transplant her to a bigger pot. I also want to show the root formation and want to ask you guys whether this is a sign that it's almost root bound? Anyway this is how she looks like this morning.

IMG_221420.JPG

Haven't gave her any watering or feeding since the transplant as her pot still feels heavy. I'm loving the airpots though. :love: It's much easier to tell if your grow needs water or not. I'm still waiting for my grows to show pistils. :dreamy: Hopefully soon. :)

As always thank you everyone for visiting my journal and I look forward to your comments and feedback. Wishing you all a great Spring ahead and Blessings of Love to you, your love ones and your grows. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom