InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

OK, maybe I just confused crap out of you. You want to suck air out of the tent, at the top. The intake hose should be none if in the tent, or as short as possible if outside. Draw air in as you are doing. Sorry if I made this confusing. I'm going to my bong to sober up.

Hit some Candida, that'll do it! And I'll do a flowchart tomorrow. A literal flow chart :).

Here's a flow chart for you Shed. Except no booster fan at the bottom, you're just drawing air in through the flap, and no filter before your fan.

cannabis-growing-rooms1-1024x718.jpg

That is a great illustration farside! I was gonna say, Shed, you'll get much better airflow and lower temp if you're pushing and pulling O2 in with the same size fan. I've got my Flower tent set up like that and it works great. That's my suggestion, plus if you're not worried about exhaust filter then that's less obstruction.

That is a great illustration farside! I was gonna say, Shed, you'll get much better airflow and lower temp if you're pushing and pulling O2 in with the same size fan. I've got my Flower tent set up like that and it works great. That's my suggestion, plus if you're not worried about exhaust filter then that's less obstruction.

I can't take too much credit for the illustration. I just did a Google search and saved an image I thought best represented what he's trying to accomplish air flow wise. I'm pretty good with the Google machine.

Hey guys
Use one of the intake vents instead, not the passive ones. Run the flex duct into the opening with 2' min extending outside the tent. You keep the light out by using the duct. At the opeing of the duct outside of the tent, you place some of that blue pre filter media you get for your furnace. It's like a nylon material.
Cut the same diameter as the duct and place it inside and crimp it with the hose ridges so it stays in place. The purpose for the blue media is two fold. Filter air going in and keep the light out.

That’s what I do too, with the filter on the intake duct - it also stops bugs from walking in to the garden.
And, yeah you’ve got it sorted out, but just want to reiterate that the in-line fans are better designed to pull, not push air. They are suckers not blowhards.

I also got around to making my bud washing video! It took a while and is my first “tutorial” type of video so I’ve got some work to do but I think it turned out ok!

Here’s a link if your interested :thumb:

Bookmarked, thanks :)

And, yeah you’ve got it sorted out, but just want to reiterate that the in-line fans are better designed to pull, not push air. They are suckers not blowhards.
I agree 420% and is what I was trying to state, lol, and finally another stoner who thinks like my confused mind was picked up on what I meant.

Push it 'Real Good'.....

he means shorter the intake length longer exhaust length with that one fan.
:thumb:

Here's a flow chart for you Shed. Except no booster fan at the bottom, you're just drawing air in through the flap, and no filter before your fan.
Thanks for the flowchart! Way to google that shit :thumb:. Other than the internal fan and the airflow, that's a lot more than I have going on :).
Mine is like this but with an additional fan on the floor pointing up:
airflow chart.jpg

Hey Shed.
I have a quick question. How long and what temp for foil pack decarb?
Thank you sir.
Farside got it! And I was actually decarbing Blueberry auto when you posted that :).
240 degrees and 90 minutes in tinfoil...located HERE.
Well found farside :thanks:
Going to reboot my tent in September and thats exactly how i want my filter. Its currently outside ducted to the floor from the top of the tent. It is a huge one and weighs a ton so didn't want to fight it when i started up.
Hey Kis! Long time no see. Nice to have you around again. :ciao:

----------------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned for this weekend's activities...

Monday update! It was a busy weekend and I only got a nap on Saturday. On the plus side, we did go see Yesterday on Saturday night, which was better than I thought it was going to be. If you're interested, go see it. If not, it's not a must-see.

I spent a lot of time clearing the ProMix of any old nutes and ions, which takes a lot of time and a lot of water, especially given how many plants I have. I started with the flowering three, and I discovered how heavy those pots really are when they are completely soaked. I obviously don't water enough, because I could barely lift the BC in the 10 gallon when I was done! ProMix HP is really high porosity, as the water runs right though it, but it does retain enough to make a 10 gallon pot basically un-carryable :eek:. This was Saturday morning:

I soon got smart and put a bucket underneath, so I could reuse the runoff to water the rest of the planting bed.

I'm not going to bore you with before-and-after pics of the TDS meter, but I cleared them down to within 200 PPM of tap and then fed them 5.5g/gallon, probably 3-4 gallons per plant when I was finished with tap water.

By this morning I could easily carry the 7g's and managed the 10g as well. Interestingly enough, there was new pistil growth on all three, particularly on the Berry Bomb. Here are some pics.

Berry Bomb:

AK-47:

Bedroom Cookies:

Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it's still quite an interesting coincidence that I'm happy with :).

The rest of the plants got cleared with a bit less water and therefore without nutes at the end. Between this weekend and this morning I think I got them all except Sour G, and I'll do that one tomorrow.

Speaking of Sour G, I thinned it and the summer AK-47 this weekend.

Sour G:

I kept cuttings of this in case I never get roots on the caterpillar-eaten cuttings from last time. Everything else from that batch has roots.

And here is the summer AK-47 (in need of water...this was before I cleared the substrate):

I have cuttings of this as well, as the ones I was rooting in the cup weren't coming along as intended. I blame warmer water temp.

You may notice I left a lot of lower fans even though I took a lot of branches. It was because of what Graytail said last week:
I've...left the fans on, while clipping off the shoots. They eventually fade and fall off anyway. I figure any carb production is a good thing.

A pear on the counter had a 4-leaf clover:
View media item 1695701
And I got this email this Sunday...am I being tracked?
amazing.JPG

That was my weekend. I'll spend the next two days catching on with how yours went. I hope that's okay :oops:. It's not easy for me to get online on the weekends any more.

Hey Shed! Nice update and pics :ganjamon:
Those flowers are looking fat and frosty and it's nice to see they'll be putting on more weight with those fresh pistils pushing.
Your Sour G is a beast! I'm looking forward to see her flowers. Which breeder is she from?
I just ran a Sour Grape X Glue and it came out really nice, here's a bud pic if you'd like to check how she turned out.

Monday update! It was a busy weekend and I only got a nap on Saturday. On the plus side, we did go see Yesterday on Saturday night, which was better than I thought it was going to be. If you're interested, go see it. If not, it's not a must-see.

I spent a lot of time clearing the ProMix of any old nutes and ions, which takes a lot of time and a lot of water, especially given how many plants I have. I started with the flowering three, and I discovered how heavy those pots really are when they are completely soaked. I obviously don't water enough, because I could barely lift the BC in the 10 gallon when I was done! ProMix HP is really high porosity, as the water runs right though it, but it does retain enough to make a 10 gallon pot basically un-carryable :eek:. This was Saturday morning:

I soon got smart and put a bucket underneath, so I could reuse the runoff to water the rest of the planting bed.

I'm not going to bore you with before-and-after pics of the TDS meter, but I cleared them down to within 200 PPM of tap and then fed them 5.5g/gallon, probably 3-4 gallons per plant when I was finished with tap water.

By this morning I could easily carry the 7g's and managed the 10g as well. Interestingly enough, there was new pistil growth on all three, particularly on the Berry Bomb. Here are some pics.

Berry Bomb:

AK-47:

Bedroom Cookies:

Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it's still quite an interesting coincidence that I'm happy with :).

The rest of the plants got cleared with a bit less water and therefore without nutes at the end. Between this weekend and this morning I think I got them all except Sour G, and I'll do that one tomorrow.

Speaking of Sour G, I thinned it and the summer AK-47 this weekend.

Sour G:

I kept cuttings of this in case I never get roots on the caterpillar-eaten cuttings from last time. Everything else from that batch has roots.

And here is the summer AK-47 (in need of water...this was before I cleared the substrate):

I have cuttings of this as well, as the ones I was rooting in the cup weren't coming along as intended. I blame warmer water temp.

You may notice I left a lot of lower fans even though I took a lot of branches. It was because of what Graytail said last week:

A pear on the counter had a 4-leaf clover:
View media item 1695701
And I got this email this Sunday...am I being tracked?
amazing.JPG

That was my weekend. I'll spend the next two days catching on with how yours went. I hope that's okay :oops:. It's not easy for me to get online on the weekends any more.
Hey Shed. Good to hear from you again. I know what you mean about the 10 gallon pots being heavy. The sand mix will be impossible to move if I go that route. Nice frost on those ladies of yours. They're all looking beautiful. You get way better emails than me. The other day I had one for a family pack of condoms! WTF. Why can't they just say large. "Family" adds a whole level of NO!

Back
Top Bottom