InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Not sure what the malady is but I hope I can kick it. Maybe it's just iron poor blood and I need some Geritol :).

You got a cough? Bud rot (Botrytis cinerea) is known to cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis and we know you've had recent exposure. If so get yourself to a healthcare provider to get checked out. Symptoms include fever, cough, malaise. I'm a bit suspicious that all the recent vaping-connected episodes might be caused by this. No proof, mind you.

Bud rot (Botrytis cinerea) is known to cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis and we known you've had recent exposure. If so get yourself to a healthcare provider to get checked out. Symptoms include fever, cough, malaise.

This is good advice. I know you don’t smoke/vape/partake at all, but you have been in close proximity, and possibly breathing in spores, as you carry the pots around.
:green_heart:

This is good advice. I know you don’t smoke/vape/partake at all, but you have been in close proximity, and possibly breathing in spores, as you carry the pots around.
:green_heart:

Exactly. It's actually known as winegrowers lung, so vaping is not required - just exposure. And it's one possible explanation.

Hope you feel better soon, Shed.

Good harvest there Shed , that Berry looks really good even better in a pipe ! Take it easy and get some rest Buddy you desire it after all that , and only 3 to go WOW . my little Pissy ass harest of a GGA yesterday was probably only an OZ . may could have went a little longer but i needed the room . The tester i took was damn good and nice taste so i will be hoping the end will be better :hookah:

Nice work on the harvests and grats on the Berry Bomb haul.:welldone:
I don't mind the caterpillars except when the let the rot in. I didn't even kill these, I just tossed them in the green bin with the trimmings!
I made that mistake last year. I just put them in my trim waste bucket. They eventually crawled out and started munching on my tomatoes. Now it's "burn 'em all"!
But I don't think I want to grow plants that big any more. Way too much work for me.
I'm with you on that!
Does the caterpillar eat buds or just the leaves?
They'll eat everything but they seem to prefer the bud stems. That way they can maximize their damage... those bastards.

But I don't think I want to grow plants that big any more. Way too much work for me.

... The one thing I'm not worried about is running out of weed!
Other than how impressive monster plants look, I'm not sure why anyone would want to grow one, if yield isn't necessary.

Much easier to inspect for rot, pests, problems, etc looking down on a 4 footer than looking up at an 8 footer (I've grown the latter & from experience won't ever do it again). Plus outdoors they're more prone to wind damage and much more visible to passerby. While I live in legal grow state, I don't particularly want everyone that walks by seeing 'em waving in the wind over my fence.

FWIW, I aim for plants with max ht of about 5' and that wide or wider. It's just easier. Now that I've done it several yrs running I'm ain't growing anymore tall beasts. Plus, every year, I grow more weed than I can give away or consume in 2 years.

But that's just me. Truth is 1, paths are many & DIY = DIY.

Grow on, compadres!

Yep! I gotta say that caterpillar poop pic made me feel just a little bit sick to my stomach! Sorry to hear you’re still feeling the residues of the cold/flu buddy (welcome to the dark side ). It’s no fun. Up you nap quota As soon as possible.
Massive amount of work you gone through it all, you must be supremely exhausted. I’m glad you got so much useable stash with all those impediments so well done!
Berry Bomb!
Thank you Amy, and sorry about your reaction to the poop pic! Funny that it doesn't bother me in picture form or on my hands in the wash water :). I haven't had time for naps lately but I'm hoping I can get back to them soon. Even at my desk would be nice.
nice produce I agree with Amy--- More naps or meditation (if not sleepy) especially if your energy is low
after being sick.
Thanks dynamo! I'm definitely sleepy and not a good candidate for meditation anyway. My mind is always working something out, and trying to focus it during meditation has never been possible for me.
I would prob shop or look for some high cbd bud that has mildew resistance. Even though that can vary.
I've got enough CBD bud to last a long time, so this is a problem I am not going to think about now. :)
You got a cough? Bud rot (Botrytis cinerea) is known to cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis and we know you've had recent exposure. If so get yourself to a healthcare provider to get checked out. Symptoms include fever, cough, malaise. I'm a bit suspicious that all the recent vaping-connected episodes might be caused by this. No proof, mind you.
Hmm...I did just have two different doctors listen to my lungs in the last week and no one said they heard anything troubling. Would hypersensitivity pneumonitis be obvious with a stethoscope?
Interesting information Alafornia and Felipe :thanks:. My cough seems more like a leftover from the cold I had two weeks ago and is improving over time. Malaise I've got, though who knows what the cause of that might be. Botrytis spores, powdery mildew spores? Something completely unrelated to growing?
Nice harvest Shed and educational! Does the caterpillar eat buds or just the leaves?
You are really getting a pro on these Candida now.
Thanks Crazy! Though I'm much better when I go #nolarf than I did on both these Candidas.
They'll eat everything but they seem to prefer the bud stems. That way they can maximize their damage... those bastards.
:thanks: BL!
Good harvest there Shed , that Berry looks really good even better in a pipe ! Take it easy and get some rest Buddy you desire it after all that , and only 3 to go WOW . my little Pissy ass harest of a GGA yesterday was probably only an OZ . may could have went a little longer but i needed the room . The tester i took was damn good and nice taste so i will be hoping the end will be better
Thanks sb! That BeBo won't be in a pipe for about 3 weeks, but I'll report back when it gets smoked.
I just put them in my trim waste bucket.
Green bin and out on the truck yesterday morning. All the greenery they can eat! And with the PM and rot, none of the trimmings from these latest harvests are being kept for future use.
I'm with you on that!
You are still growing some monsters, even if they are smaller than last year! And you have a team and a hand-cranked trimmer as well. ;)
Other than how impressive monster plants look, I'm not sure why anyone would want to grow one, if yield isn't necessary.
Indeed. The DTF is the right size for me...about 3' tall by 2' wide.
I aim for plants with max ht of about 5' and that wide or wider.
I'm still in pots though and they get moved twice a day, so that's enormous by my standards!
Plus, every year, I grow more weed than I can give away or consume in 2 years.
Yes, and I had someone text me this weekend: "I'm out of weed. Can I have some?" She was not happy with my answer, as I found it rude and presumptuous. Very few people understand the amount of time and work it takes from sprout to cure to grow cannabis. It's not a tomato plant or lemons off the tree. Everyone went to the beach on Monday without me while I sat cutting and washing and plucking and trimming and pulling caterpillars and hanging (twice). 8 hours of work and that was just on harvest day. "Gimme some!" Uh, no.

We supply weed at every gathering whether it's at our house or out. (My wife brought a jar to the Labor Day party at this woman's house.) And I'm more than happy to share it with people who appreciate the work I put into it. But just to assume I'm giving her weed because she's out? That's not an approach I'm comfortable with. Why not offer to buy it so I can say no, let me just give you some?
/rant

No pics today (you need more pics?) but I sprayed all the rot with the SAGFF to dry it up before harvest. Just for the record, everything is getting 6g/gallon of MegaCrop because it simplifies watering greatly.

Yep Shed. If they listened and nothing - assuming they can hear :D - then nothing there.

You are still growing some monsters, even if they are smaller than last year! And you have a team and a hand-cranked trimmer as well. ;)
I'm getting a little better. Last year my plants were mostly in the 6-7ft range. This year they are just over 5 ft. I think next year I'll top them a couple more times during veg, or maybe just put them in 10 gallon pots instead of 20 gal.
"Gimme some!" Uh, no
I feel the same way. If someone offers to buy a 1/4 oz I say "here just take it", but if they just ask for some, it's like "sorry, we're running low" and maybe I'll give them a nug ( even though I probably have a couple lbs in the closet).:laughtwo:

I've never had an iterative transmission, even when I was a teenager.

---------------------------------------------------------

Single pic Wednesday update! I had to spray everything down with the Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide because I'm seeing signs of rot on my last holdout, the DTF :eek:. That took most of the morning, but I did get everyone in for a family portrait.

Candida comes down on Saturday morning, and the yellow leaves are all the places where there was powdery mildew. It kills the leaves where it grows even if you spray it as you see it. Many of the sugars are brown as well, but it's all getting tightly trimmed and made into oil.

Sour G has looked a little droopy since I did some root coring last week. I wonder if the dowel I use is too wide or if I punched through some main roots. @Derbybud when you say you core with romex, do you mean the wire inside or the whole plastic encasement?

IIP is rotting on the vine, with very few top colas not showing signs of botrytis. I'm going to check the trichomes this weekend and see if there's any cloudy happening, as an early harvest is better than none.

You can see the one rotten top on the AK, but there are more spots down under that I sprayed this morning.

And the DTF just had two small spots where I saw some browning sugar leaves. Both it and the AK are still pushing white pistils so I hope they hold on until fall. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my wife likes the DTF.

That's all I have today. I'm still working backwards through what I missed (which is hundreds of pages), so bear with me while I catch up.
:Namaste:
Have you tried the 420 Gold leaf or their Blue Dream ? I just ordered 20 Blue Dream seeds and 10 of the Gold leaf seeds, That's what I will grow in the different soils I will be using next spring. Just curious if anyone else has tried to grow them :goof:

Ugh that lady! :rolleyes: rude. I’m sure I’d have the same reaction as you.
And she's a close friend of my wife's and we see the couple socially as well. When I had harvested a few plants she was over at my house with some other people. There were plants sitting right in front of her, and she was talking about going to the dispensary that afternoon to buy weed. Not a mention of my harvests. Now two years later she wants free weed?
People...hate em
But....life is like that I guess
Not all people, but some are just like that!
Yep Shed. If they listened and nothing - assuming they can hear :D - then nothing there.
The more you know about someone, the less you might find.
I'm getting a little better. Last year my plants were mostly in the 6-7ft range. This year they are just over 5 ft. I think next year I'll top them a couple more times during veg, or maybe just put them in 10 gallon pots instead of 20 gal.
I'm sure your wife would consider that progress!
I feel the same way. If someone offers to buy a 1/4 oz I say "here just take it", but if they just ask for some, it's like "sorry, we're running low" and maybe I'll give them a nug ( even though I probably have a couple lbs in the closet).:laughtwo:
IKR! This woman started comparing it to inviting us over for dinner. I said you apparently don't understand the difference in the time commitment. And, whenever we are there for dinner, we bring part of the dinner and the weed! She also said I should give it away because of the joy of giving. LOL! Yeah, giving to her. I've even given her three clones she has growing in pots in her backyard...
Have you tried the 420 Gold leaf or their Blue Dream ? I just ordered 20 Blue Dream seeds and 10 of the Gold leaf seeds, That's what I will grow in the different soils I will be using next spring. Just curious if anyone else has tried to grow them
I had a Gold Leaf clone but it died of fusarium wilt before I could harvest it. @BTzGrow grows them though. Also, you should be aware that the Blue Dream is prone to hermie, from various seed banks.

And she's a close friend of my wife's and we see the couple socially as well. When I had harvested a few plants she was over at my house with some other people. There were plants sitting right in front of her, and she was talking about going to the dispensary that afternoon to buy weed. Not a mention of my harvests. Now two years later she wants free weed?

Not all people, but some are just like that!

The more you know about someone, the less you might find.

I'm sure your wife would consider that progress!

IKR! This woman started comparing it to inviting us over for dinner. I said you apparently don't understand the difference in the time commitment. And, whenever we are there for dinner, we bring part of the dinner and the weed! She also said I should give it away because of the joy of giving. LOL! Yeah, giving to her. I've even given her three clones she has growing in pots in her backyard...

I had a Gold Leaf clone but it died of fusarium wilt before I could harvest it. @BTzGrow grows them though. Also, you should be aware that the Blue Dream is prone to hermie, from various seed banks.
Thanks for the info.... :snowboating:

1 of my cousins tried that with me, it dodnt go over too well with me either. Told him im down to an oz and its gotta last me bout 6 weeks. I gotta call from him within a week, “You got any buds layin around?”

/rant x2

Oh dear that woman! Now she’s in a place where she has to defend her own wounded pride by shifting the responsibility to be ‘reasonable’ (on her terms) onto you :eye-roll:As if sharing a dinner with friends is any kind of valid comparison, honestly! Did she say, “I’m out of weed, can I cook you dinner or something and get some?” No, not even close :straightface: You could always ask her to come and trim with you in exchange for a baggie ;)

about 3' tall by 2' wide.

That sounds about right for me too!

be aware that the Blue Dream is prone to hermie

This is true and it’s definitely good to warn about that... but you know, it’s still one of the favourite plants I’ve grown in terms of the smoke/toke/dose :D It has aromas and flavours like nothing else and a beautiful, relaxed and happy high. Mine went nanner crazy (enhanced by light leaks though) and I still am searching for a way to fit in another one sometime. :yummy:

1 of my cousins tried that with me, it dodnt go over too well with me either. Told him im down to an oz and its gotta last me bout 6 weeks. I gotta call from him within a week, “You got any buds layin around?”
/rant x2
He probably figured you took down another plant!
Now she’s in a place where she has to defend her own wounded pride by shifting the responsibility to be ‘reasonable’ (on her terms) onto you
You are so right!

Oh, I wanted to mention that the IIP, which didn't smell like much of anything when it was growing, stinks of skunk when it's drying. I came out the kitchen door last night and thought my yard had been sprayed!

Back
Top Bottom