Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

Yeah, the show is almost over folks, cause I harvested my Nanda Devi today :) Made some charas by the way while I was cutting... which I dropped on the ground :sorry: But then I managed to rub some more, and I squeezed three small tokes in my bong from it :bongrip: Mystical stuff! By the way, I know now why original charas is so black, and is relatively easy to rub by hand. This resin goes off the calyxes easily, and doesn't stick so much to your fingers as with the hybrids I grew, so you roll a nice ball in few secs. There will be reviews of almost everything I grew this year, so it's not a wrap yet, but we're almost done... I just need to chop my windowsill O.G. Kush :)

And these are last photos of Nanda Devi before she was cut!

nandadevi8.jpg
nandadevi7.jpg
nandadevi2.jpg
nandadevi1.jpg
nandadevi4.jpg
nandadevi6.jpg
nandadevi12.jpg
nandadevi10.jpg
nandadevi9.jpg

By the way, there's a tune for everybody, who's been following this grow. Thx a lot guys! You are priceless! :lot-o-toke:

it has been cool following your grow overseas from my easy chair here, C,
thanks for sharing. I thought you selection of genetics was pretty amazing as well. is that herb going to last you a full year till next fall harvest?

Well, considering that I yielded something in the vicinity of 2 lbs between September and October I think it'll last :) But I'm more satisfied with quality of my budz which is very impressive in some cases. Trainwreck is a two toker basically, you're high as a kite after that. My Pakistani hash is one of the best pure indica extracts I smoked in years, and my pure sativas are on A++ level. Yeah, I'd say this season has been good for me :hookah:

Well, to me this season is definitely a milestone as I proved that landraces sativas can be grown in my climate with little mold problems and they finish in reasonable time. I'm gonna go further this way next year as I have a lot of indica dominant stock from Cali, and the only thing I have to do is to pick some sativas. I'm still waiting for my Oaxaca seeds, but also have my eye on Double Thai from Ace, Colombian Punto Roja or Mangobiche from Ace, and other Himalayan varieties. A dream for me is to put my hands on Santa Marta Gold, but seeds are impossible to find!

Thx guys :hookah:

:cheesygrinsmiley: cool report

When I first started smoking I can say that a few times I experienced the halucinigenic effects of cannabis but now... :cheesygrinsmiley: I like to read others experiences :Rasta:

Hey C can you explain charas to me? Iv heard about chara strains alot especially reading your journal but never of making chara, is it like hash or? the nanda devi looks great cant wait to see what the dry buds look like! How far alongs the OG? Once again good show my friend, good show! ENCORE!! ENCORE!!

Hey C can you explain charas to me? Iv heard about chara strains alot especially reading your journal but never of making chara, is it like hash or? the nanda devi looks great cant wait to see what the dry buds look like! How far alongs the OG? Once again good show my friend, good show! ENCORE!! ENCORE!!

Charas has been traditionally made in Himalayas (northern India, Nepal, Tibet, Kashmir) from pure sativas growing wild in the region. We're talking 28-35N approximately. This hash is usyally blackish, kinda like charcoal and very aromatic. It produces cerebral, even mystical experiences along genetic profile of these plants. I never smoked anything from this part of the world before, but after my own sample I totally understand why sadhu are into it so much, and why this type of weed has been associated closely with cult of Shiva. High is very uplifting, euphoric and erotic with distinctive visions and spiritual insights. It's like Dom Perignon of cannabis in my opinion. I need to smoke bigger bowl to come back with a good report, but that's what I felt like after smoking my charas :hookah:

:cheesygrinsmiley: cool report

When I first started smoking I can say that a few times I experienced the halucinigenic effects of cannabis but now... :cheesygrinsmiley: I like to read others experiences :Rasta:

I totally dig it man :) The older u get the more marijuana and psychedelics become a tool to get to a certain state of mind, and all these funny side effects become unnecessary :) Yeah, I was never into hallucinations and such, even when I saw dragons in the sky and visual perception got totally distorted. I guess that with time everything becomes acceptable :)

Thanks for sharing your grow experiences with us Conradino! It has been fun watching all of your varieties grow and see their distinctive differences. I have over thirty years of off and on outdoor growing experience, but this year I have been exploring dwc indoor growing and it has been fun, although I think I prefer outdoor growing. Once I am more confident in my indoor growing skills I may start a short journal and share my experiences with you and the rest of the 420 folks. Thanks again for your great journal, I will miss seeing your updates!

Thx for following, Bangabong :thanks:
When u get your journal set up, drop a line here!

Cool smoke report . She looks the part of a pure one that's for sure. If you got weather like I've been getting, wet, she'd have been a big pile of gray mold bye now. You know that airy bud formation is what kept her going. They got hella humidity in tropic areas kind of make sense she's have evolved the thinner buddage. I always loved abit of sweet sativa's, but here and there, for a taste treat. I'm kind of stuck on stupid with a good indica stone myself. You know one good thing, as a grower you can customize a strain to your likings.
Myself I've been growing along ass time, but I've also been all over the US, except the northeast, and never been still long enough to really have time to play around experimenting with any breeding cept acouple seeds here and there for future crops. Hard when you up and sell everything only to rebuild for afew years of grows. Then repeat. Got a good Old Lady here, guessing it might be time.
Looks like a nice pure sativa congrad's on the harvest. Keepem Green

1st smoke report on a newcomer to the growing scene, private SoCal strain called Aurora Ultra (O.G. Kush/MK Ultra x Aurora Indica), that beans of were given to me by an old grower I'm proud to call my friend, and which I managed to force flower on my windowsill :high-five:

Well, it was supposed to be indica-dominant, except that almost everything feels here like it's some old school sativa. Ok, there's heavy body stone, but your mind is on the orbit in the same time, and you feel very euphoric as your endorphins are skycrocketing :) The closest this year to this feeling comes Green Crack. And it's quite strong stuff, cause after three tokes I was stoned like a jumbo jet. Doesn't hit u immediately, but builds quickly after that and you're on the border of saying "what's going on?" :tokin:

Buds, which smelled of gasoline and fermented berries at the end of flowering, went into this carrot/green beans/sweet potatoes when I started curing, but now they came back to this gasoline smell, which is exactly like white truffle smells :) Taste is nothing like indica, it's a typical dry/woodsy taste associated with sativa-dominant strains. Well, Aurora Ultra is gonna be run next year bigtime, so there's definitely something to work with here :hookah:

au23.jpg

au53.jpg

au24.jpg

Have a green one :Namaste:

Top notch nighttime smoke. Heavier than most of indicas I smoked. This unexpected euphporia tumbles down slowly into full body relaxation. It almost puts you to sleep eventually, but if you wait it out, comedown is gentle and you're up on your feet again. But muscle tension and pains go away almost immediately. Great medicinal strain. I think you're gonna enjoy this one, Lester.

I think now I can really say that Nanda Devi is the cream of my crop this year, the best plant I ever grew, and one of the best budz I ever smoked in my life :lot-o-toke: I'm just gently coming down off this stuff after approximately 2 hrs. and a half, although it's still kicking, and the only thing I can say is "WOW". I dunno if all growers chase the dragon in the same way, as the Chinese would say, but to me it was like going back in time almost, and in a flash I recalled very similar stuff I smoked only once with an old hippie in the 90's when I was hanging out at his mountain hut with a chick, which was truly amazing bud, although it tasted like shit :)

In a nutshell Nanda Devi indeed tastes like shit: grassy, harsh and kinda salty, and it's also not very potent as it took me 4 big tokes to get in the zone :) Also onset takes a while, and in the first 10 minutes you feel like almost nothing's happening with you except slightly warm buzz, so in the meantime you figure: "why not smoke some more?" But then suddenly you feel these waves of energy growing and growing, and then you slowly become so BLISSED OUT (the only word I can describe it) that you love everything and your favorite music didn't make that much sense for a very long time :) No work is possible after smoking this bud, cause you simply lose interest :)

But this high gets even better later on, and there's no ceiling to it, with such a pure euphoric feeling that reminds me of good MDMA :) I really had to go for a walk after a while, but when I stepped out the door I felt connected to everything, and it gave me such a joy that I did a circle around my village without any feeling of being tired :adore: Also, absolutely clear-headed and lacking any speediness or shakiness. Gentle and beautiful smoke that I'd grade A++ for its deeply spiritual and mystical quality :circle-of-love: With time I expect it to get even better.

Here are dried budz my friends, which do not have any bag appeal whatsoever :rofl: They are kind of airy, very light and reddish in color, but I wouldn't change them for anything else at the moment :yummy:

nandadevidry1.jpg
nandadevidry2.jpg
nandadevidry3.jpg
nandadevidry4.jpg
nandadevidry5.jpg
nandadevidry6.jpg
nandadevidry7.jpg
nandadevidry8.jpg

:Namaste:

I love your descriptive Smoke Reports C. By the way can you give me your opinion on the best strain for my climate for next year's Fire Escape grow.

It depends on what kind of smoke u want. I'm mostly a sativa smoker, and I really need only one indica to watch some movies by the end of the day, so my selection of strains reflects that. If u have similar needs I'd go with Ace Seeds, CannaBiogen or Mr Nice, cause these are the real breeders. Anyway, tell me what u have on mind.

Back
Top Bottom