Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

This is why I like hydro 😳🙂

I dislike hydro for a variety of reasons but the oddest one is, for some reason, coco and hydro both seem like way more work to me than organic. Logically I understand it’s not any more work than what I do but the idea of having to constantly measure and monitor keeps me away.

I dislike hydro for a variety of reasons but the oddest one is, for some reason, coco and hydro both seem like way more work to me than organic. Logically I understand it’s not any more work than what I do but the idea of having to constantly measure and monitor keeps me away.
I mean more the automatic hydro setups without medium that store salts 🙂

Interesting. I wonder if the sponsor @Rimrock Analytical would give you the same issues with testing and suggestions. Hopefully they’ll take a look at this and reply to us. I never thought about soil laboratories being so sketchy with their results and suggestions. Seems to me there is a home grower market available for labs to serve.
That would be something! This was a state run college here so their hands were tied. They were cool with it but couldn't comply with my needs. Someone like @Rimrock Analytical may be able to! I'd send them a sample tomorrow if they would!

In total, we grew 16 ozs and 3 grams of very high quality cannabis. The quality and high of the buds are top notch. However, I believe there is both more yield and more quality to be had. While this isn’t a perpetual grow, the purpose of this journal is to cover the recycling process, so I will not be completing it at this time. I will re run the strains again so I can showcase the ability to reuse soil even more effectively as it’s aged. So buckle up, cuz we’re gonna do it all over again.

That would be something! This was a state run college here so their hands were tied. They were cool with it but couldn't comply with my needs. Someone like @Rimrock Analytical may be able to! I'd send them a sample tomorrow if they would!
Hello! We indeed do soil analysis targeted for craft and home growers! We have macro nutrient and "full" macro+micro nutrient testing packaged available as well as a la carte options if there's a specific list of metric(s) you're looking for.

Hello! We indeed do soil analysis targeted for craft and home growers! We have macro nutrient and "full" macro+micro nutrient testing packaged available as well as a la carte options if there's a specific list of metric(s) you're looking for.
That's perfect! I have some interesting LOS soil for you to look at. It's not my own but almost purely from The Rev's book True Living Organics. Probably been amended 4 or 5 times. Guide me to your process and I'll get some to you.

I want to put my soil, which is out of balance npk wise, back to balance. That's what I think I want anyway. Don't let the customer be right. Tell me the right thing to do when you see it please. It grows well, just needs magnesium once or twice when I grow in cloth pots.

Hmmm, I have some amended, cooked and ready right now. I think that's the one to submit. Do you? Or would you rather have some from a grow I finished a few months ago I haven't amended? This is very cool! Thank you!

I just read this:

“The researchers found that hemp plants front-end load P during the first half of the growing season as seen with the plant’s upward accumulation of P. At midseason, the total accumulation in the plant plateaus. This indicates that the plant uptakes limited additional P. Hemp relies upon those internal P reserves and translocates (moves) P if it is required in other parts of the plant.

This suggests that adequate P levels should be provided to cannabis during the first half of the production cycle for the plant to accumulate an adequate reserve that can be translocated if needed later. Providing a P boost late in the growing season appears to not be needed. There is a need to conduct a scientifically based trial to clear up this uncertainty with greenhouse-grown cannabis.”

This means I was sort of wrong about the accumulation. It’s less than and earlier than I thought

So by this logic, if you’re not using myco, you need P almost from the jump. I’m gonna test this out a little with this next round. I’m gonna provide a little extra P in the beginning and see what happens. Dry amendments only of course, I don’t want to discourage myco.

That's perfect! I have some interesting LOS soil for you to look at. It's not my own but almost purely from The Rev's book True Living Organics. Probably been amended 4 or 5 times. Guide me to your process and I'll get some to you.

I want to put my soil, which is out of balance npk wise, back to balance. That's what I think I want anyway. Don't let the customer be right. Tell me the right thing to do when you see it please. It grows well, just needs magnesium once or twice when I grow in cloth pots.

Hmmm, I have some amended, cooked and ready right now. I think that's the one to submit. Do you? Or would you rather have some from a grow I finished a few months ago I haven't amended? This is very cool! Thank you!
Send me an email if you don't mind. We can get you all set up! Taylor@rimrockanalytical.com

If your plan is to use the amended soil moving forward, that would be a logical sample to test. Just make sure it's well mixed / homogeneous so that the samples is representative. We could start with a NPK assay and add on metrics later if needed.

I'm in Thanks!

I’m gonna keep in touch with you about the process. I don’t mind plugging very specific things if it’s something of value we could all benefit from.

If you’re happy, that’s approval enough for me.

Things are heating up! Im gonna work on getting a cloning system up for this run so I can start working out the kinks on that

IMG_7356.jpeg

The only bummer about growing high grade cannabis is you can come off as a snob 😂. I legitimately can’t smoke lower quality stuff any more. It’s too harsh, with little to no flavor and my lungs physically can’t handle hitting it the amount I need to, to get high. The high itself will almost always be weak, short lived, and leave me feeling groggy.

So when people hand me a joint and can’t tell me how it was grown I have to turn them down. They always have a smart little comment to say about it until I light mine and they’re baked within 2 hits but never felt the smoke hit their lungs. They almost always wind up telling me about how stoned they were for hours 🤣 I know.. that’s why I do this shit 😂

This weed is the shizz for shure! My niece came over for a jar last week and told me she's cut way down since smoking out of my jars. I thought that was great to hear! She has body dysmorphia and more. On the other hand most of the family won't have it because it's too much! A perfect balance.

Perfect balance indeed! Some folks just don’t listen. When I say hit it once or twice and see how you feel, I’m not being condescending. Every time I smoke a new batch, or even something that has cured for longer, I hit it 2-3 times just to see where it’s at. This isn’t your grandads reefers, it’ll send you flying if you don’t respect it 🤣

I agree. It's hard go back once you try it.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot. 4 of my lifelong besties are synthetic growers. They lived in the grey zone of decriminalization and did well.

It's all they know, but they constantly come by and take my weed. They also constantly try to get me to grow indicas because then they get all of it.

Then Marc, my neighbor comes over with a big wicker basket on beautiful organic apples for us, so I give him a jar of primo cured weed. My buddies can't believe I give weed for apples🤣 They are good apples😊❤️

They think it's hilarious that they take a bud, leave an ounce, and I have to put it in the garbage to get rid of it. Marc doesn't want it either lol. I tried.

So now that it's legal in Canada I mail it back to them with "signature required", the delivery guy comes when they are at work so no signature, it goes to the post office, they get a notice card, drive to the post office, get a parcel, come home, open it, and it's their dirty weed.😎🤣.

It costs me $10 to mail it but meh.... Its entertainment🤣

I’m gonna pickup some EWC this weekend/week and get the plants started. Since I still don’t have a worm farm I wait to purchase my EWC as long as possible so it is as fresh as possible.

I added another 2 gallons of water to the mix for a total of 6 gallons of water in 50 gallons of soil mix. I also drove some holes through the mix to the bottom so we can get oxygen all throughout. Since I don’t have a mechanical mixer for the soil I turn the soil with a shovel by hand every other day. I want the soil to be mixed up well and the microbes I’m looking for love oxygen.

IMG_7367.jpeg

I’ll be preparing solo cups soon

The soil bin is working hard.. I can smell when the microbes are really firing off. It’s the same smell I can smell when doing teas and it’s ready. It’s a mix of lighter fluid with earth.

Ok so we’re gonna make a little change to the lineup. I dont have another Apple Betty seed. So instead I am going to run 2 Gelato Autos instead. One outdoors, one in.

I have 5 Blue Thai seeds, a Runtz Punch, and 2 gelato autos. So we’ll be running the Blue Thais and Runtz Punch again with a gelato auto for funsies. I will also be attempting to harvest pollen from the Blue Thai if I get any males. So it’ll be almost the same grow with a couple twists

Back
Top Bottom