I am fairly confident it is going to be light burn because the tips that have actually browned haven’t curled or twisted, it’s as if the color was bleached right out of the leaf, and the rest of the yellow tips also have not curled or twisted like nute burn does.

The old growth being burnt I believe is going to be from the manifold and how I secured my tops.. the old growth would’ve been only slightly lower than the new growth but with zero canopy shading. What looked like mg deficiency slowed/stopped spreading once I moved the plant, also the areas that it is appearing in aren’t uniform at all and are more severe in areas with greater light coverage.

I’ve done hundreds of hours of research on all aspects of my grow including my light.. I have never once come across the picture I’m attaching, in everything I looked at and watched. Had I come across this I’m doubtful the LB ever would’ve happened to begin with. From the manufacturer to the reviewers, the recommendations for my light were all absurd, and would’ve fried my plants to oblivion. These measurements however make far more sense:

1AF1FBFF-F8D2-4E0F-873F-8D1D2743B812.jpeg

Wow man that is a crazy adventure but I'm glad you got creative with the tents I almost had to myself regardless I wish you the best of luck! others such as @Bill284 and @Melville Hobbes and @InTheShed can offer lots of insightful advice :)

Lol! Thanks, happy grows to you too! Somehow my life has turned out to be one big crazy adventure but it’s all good, has made for more experiences. My wife calls it a roller coaster lol.. We make do with what we’ve got in this world, and thankfully, this plant is okay with that.

I love the advice, respect, expertise, and vibe of this site, there’s tons of info to be gained from it.. I learned something new last night, just reading through posts, it’s awesome!

Looking great mate :thumb: i think you are having calmag Def. I have recently started using LED and with my recent experience I have been feeding more calmag than I have used previously. The amount of light these units put out is insane! keep up the great work :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

Looking great mate :thumb: i think you are having calmag Def. I have recently started using LED and with my recent experience I have been feeding more calmag than I have used previously. The amount of light these units put out is insane! keep up the great work :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Thanks! I thought the same about the deficiency but I made a classic blunder. I changed multiple aspects of my grow all at once.. I know.. I know.. I didn’t realize it until I had already done it lol.

I uppotted to a new soil.. same company just the grow soil and not seedling starter. When I uppotted I decided to move my plant closer to the light AND to top it all off.. I changed my water source and how I PH it from gassed off tap water using ph down to a camco water filter using vinegar and/or citric acid to lower ph.

Not only that, my plant was manifolded then had the colas secured down right before that, so the old growth was also being exposed to an equivalent amount of light that my top growth was. So I put myself in a real tough situation. Lessons learned though.

Gonna find out today though if it’s deficiency or light burn.. I knocked off a couple fan leaves last night that were showing deficiency and am going to see if it spread to a new leaf, that should help me figure out deficiency or light burn, or both lol.

I’ve got calmag on standby if it’s needed, and am working on creating organic calmag myself. My water comes out Hardish at about 110 ppm and my fixtures show a lot of calcium deposits so there is a chance my calcium is locking out my mg but we’ll see

So. I experienced what I thought was lb also. Exact same scenario. Started young and started on the most prominent leaves till harvest.

I use well water has a high ph 8-8.5 I fill up 5 gal jugs let it sit for 48hrs to gas out. I also used a hot soil, simply overlooked. While I was chasing my tail. I realized my led light was much closer as it was listed in recommendations. I backed my light off big time 20-26" at 40%, even after flower started im like yay ready for 100% nope noticed lb instantly the next morning. I finally was able to hit 100% last 2weeks of flower at 14in. Going strong..

I did chase a deficiency with calmag like most do. But it cleared it up. I cleared all the defective areas expecting a lose in the end. But the plants bounced back. Unexpected for an auto. I will be more vigilant moving forward. Was my 1st. :Namaste:

I just read that I shouldn’t be watering to runoff with the Stonington blend, which I definitely have been watering to runoff.. however I’ve let the plant sit in the runoff after watering for about an hour to reabsorb anything it may still need. Could this be my issue?
No, you should get to the edge of run off. So a little is fine. Just so you don't wash all the nutrients away. A cup or even two is what I go by if possible.
old growth has now burnt and looks like it’s deficient.. I suspect my watering practices are to blame

ED1F8B48-FBFF-49E3-9A74-EC0FDCDE589F.jpeg
When I see it looking like this I put a tablespoon of epsom salts in a gallon of ro water and water it in. One watering usually fixes it. That's a mag def there. Calmag will do it too.
The new growth will be good and the old will stay like it is.

Hey I was just thinking about pH and using vinegar/lemon juice. If you have ever left some feed overnight once pHing with vinegar/lemon you will notice it has little to no effect after 24hrs this will also be the same once it's in the soil, so your starting pH may be 6.4 but will return to the original pH.
I've been using Biobizz organic pH down for a while, it is citric acid but it is more stable and works like any other pH down.
So maybe the mag is getting locked out due to pH fluctuations. Just thinking out loud :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love:

No, you should get to the edge of run off. So a little is fine. Just so you don't wash all the nutrients away. A cup or even two is what I go by if possible.

When I see it looking like this I put a tablespoon of epsom salts in a gallon of ro water and water it in. One watering usually fixes it. That's a mag def there. Calmag will do it too.
The new growth will be good and the old will stay like it is.
My gut feeling is also mag def. When I had light burn the burnt areas turned tan and crispy later.

My gut feeling is also mag def. When I had light burn the burnt areas turned tan and crispy later.
I think I may have gotten unlucky and got hit with minor light burn at the same time mag deficiency set in which threw me off trying to diagnose. The more I’ve thought about it, the soil it’s in now, at this age was starting to show mag deficiency in another plant that wound up being a male. Once I fed it the CoM plant food (magnesium sulfate, fish meal, ewc, alfalfa meal, crab and lobster meal, potassium sulfate, and kelp meal) it bounced right back.. I scratched some into the plant today with its watering and will report back.

Now that I see it written, and tossed about, ofc it’s a mag deficiency as well lol.. some times I just need to ask for help before my brain unlocks the answers lol!

Hey I was just thinking about pH and using vinegar/lemon juice. If you have ever left some feed overnight once pHing with vinegar/lemon you will notice it has little to no effect after 24hrs this will also be the same once it's in the soil, so your starting pH may be 6.4 but will return to the original pH.
I've been using Biobizz organic pH down for a while, it is citric acid but it is more stable and works like any other pH down.
So maybe the mag is getting locked out due to pH fluctuations. Just thinking out loud :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love:
I have just pure citric acid, you think that would do the same, or is there a buffer in your organic down?

Sorry it's been a few days Keffka. Feel free to @ me any time if you have an issue. I'm around but not all there sometimes :hmmmm: hehe. A bit of a stoner. Sorry for the tardy return:adore:
No worries, something I read on this site sat with me well.. any time I think my plants need something I try to move at the speed they would move as opposed to myself.. I’m in soil so I can afford a little extra forgetfulness now and then lol

My next issue is figuring out what’s holding me back from being able to blast my plants with more light.. according to my meter I’m at 475-500.. I should be able to push that further but I’m missing something. I may not be providing enough nutrients.. I’ve only ever used the organic plant food from Coast of Maine.. I have a separate grow going with advanced nutrients micro grow bloom im growing to see if there’s a difference in what they can take.

So. I experienced what I thought was lb also. Exact same scenario. Started young and started on the most prominent leaves till harvest.

I use well water has a high ph 8-8.5 I fill up 5 gal jugs let it sit for 48hrs to gas out. I also used a hot soil, simply overlooked. While I was chasing my tail. I realized my led light was much closer as it was listed in recommendations. I backed my light off big time 20-26" at 40%, even after flower started im like yay ready for 100% nope noticed lb instantly the next morning. I finally was able to hit 100% last 2weeks of flower at 14in. Going strong..

I did chase a deficiency with calmag like most do. But it cleared it up. I cleared all the defective areas expecting a lose in the end. But the plants bounced back. Unexpected for an auto. I will be more vigilant moving forward. Was my 1st. :Namaste:
I caught myself before I full blown ruined everything lol! It’s odd, I don’t typically make logical mistakes like that but something about this specific plant seems to be neutering my typical capacity for rationale lol.

I was just thinking the other day how I have no clue when I should use 100% lol.. my plants start 6 feet away from the light at 50% as it is! This is why I chose Bagseed though for my first few runs.. work out all the kinks and stuff before tossing a hundred bucks down the drain.

Here she is today.. she’s still growing strong and looking healthy.

A4D69526-974A-4F4E-B414-CD68757A7F55.jpeg

B0F4F6DB-16C8-4119-A55D-D1E198CF26F9.jpeg

E7A5163D-22AE-4A62-A0BC-6E2F748A496C.jpeg

7A2055AF-88CE-4FD7-A3B1-18B9A20EDDDC.jpeg

Her cousins trying to get as big as possible before the room gets flipped to flower.. in the first image on the left you can see a fan leaf rolled up on itself. Originally I broke the branch on the end and both leaves wilted.. after I taped it up they started raising back up, but the leaf has yet to unfold. Will that leaf ever come back or is it forever done?

49F29577-79E4-45EA-8C67-71375C8D384E.jpeg

13F6FF7B-0C47-473F-813A-0236987224E2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom