KushMeister's First Grow, Kandy Kush, SleeSkunk, Haze

Maybe these will help.

marijuana_male_female.jpg
DSCF02392.JPG

Thanks for posting the pics Chimp!

What had me concerned was that the calyx was hanging off a stalk and pointing down. The give away that it was female, other than eventually finding one with pistils, was the pointy part was too pointy for a male. Plus, in hind sight, that they were singular, if that makes sense.

it could be a girl or it could be a boy its Pat not cindy or frank its Pat:)

"Androgyny is a term derived from the Greek words ανήρ, stem ανδρ- (anér, andr-, meaning man) and γυνή (gyné, meaning woman), referring to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics. This may be as in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle, or it may refer to biological intersex physicality, especially with regards to plant and human sexuality."

[video=youtube;v--IqqusnNQ]
[/video]

:smokin:

KushMeister thanks for bring us so much music in a very short time. :high-five:

You wouldn't have David's "Fashion" would you? He did so much for music, where to begin? Rocket Man? On and on. :ganjamon:

So much good stuff and so little time. :high-five:

I'm a rocker at heart, but the 70s rock didn't do much for me. I had an uncle who was in to jazz and he turned me on to Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea. Then punk came around and I kind of forgot about the jazz.

YT has so much good music on it these days. If you can't find it today, go back in a couple of months and somebody will have uploaded it.

[video=youtube;uhSYbRiYwTY]
[/video]

Mini Update: Day 20 Reduced Light, Day 10 Flowering

The group shot. You can't see it, but the Sleeskunk pot on the right is jacked up 1.5 inches to get it closer to the light and could be even higher.

group133.jpg

Sleeskunk flower close up.

ss_flower.jpg

Kandy Kush close up. A little frosting on the leaves, maybe?

kk_flower.jpg

Might be time for a light defo...get those lower buds some light....go to the light....:cheesygrinsmiley:
Great look for your early bloomers!:cheesygrinsmiley:
Reps!

Thanks Zona!

Yup, the plan is to defol in a couple of days. The Kandy Kush for sure, since it's out paced the Sleeskunk by 5" or 6". I'm debating whether to give the Slee a few more days before hitting her to see if she'll catch up or just resign to the fact that she's going to be shorter.

Thanks Zona!

Yup, the plan is to defol in a couple of days. The Kandy Kush for sure, since it's out paced the Sleeskunk by 5" or 6". I'm debating whether to give the Slee a few more days before hitting her to see if she'll catch up or just resign to the fact that she's going to be shorter.

Yep, totally agree....a bit of leaf taking wouldn't hurt. Esp the KK. By the way KK is one of my favorite strains.
Haven't tried the Sleeskunk yet...sounds good.
:high-five:

Dirty deeds done real cheap?

Yep, totally agree....a bit of leaf taking wouldn't hurt. Esp the KK. By the way KK is one of my favorite strains.
Haven't tried the Sleeskunk yet...sounds good.
:high-five:

Oh well, looks like I have to do the dirty deed minus music. :confused:

I'm looking forward to the KK. Should be :yummy: I don't know much about the Sleeskunk other than it's supposed to be a good hash producer. Lots of trichs. We shall see.

Actually, the KK is supposed to be pretty resinous too. I guess I should be shopping for a good keif box and press.

Update: Day 21 of Diminishing Light

Slapped together some 2"x4" scraps for a stand for the Sleeskunk. I want her as close to the lights as possible for the next few days to encourage upward growth.

The real news is KK got a haircut!

KK_haircut.jpg
kktrim.jpg

Ta da!

looks good kush:) now a little supercroping looks in order

I am not sure I would supercrop them now since they are flowering. But who am I to say I have never done it so I will learn from you if you do!

Subbed too!

Welcome Shottafire!

I hope you can learn something here, I'm just not sure it's going to be about supercropping. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally prepared to supercrop in veg or flower to keep a tall girl from hogging all the light, but that's not needed now. She's only 30" tall and could go another 15" before it became a problem. I doubt that'll happen after the defoliation.

I think my mentors, Sir Fish Cake included, are trying to gently nudge me out of my comfort zone, and for this I'm truly grateful. Case in point: defoliation. But I'm not sold on supercroping in flower to increase yield/bud size, at least not yet. Also, since the height of the plant is fine, and I have 10 or more nice equal height tops, I'm cool with just letting nature take its course from here on out. Well, probably one more major defol at 45 days. Maximum yield, while nice, isn't my main goal. Having a personal med head stash is what I'm after.

Copy/paste everything below the lines here.

5 liter sounds fine.

Here is FIMing and Topping compared. By the way FIMing is more forgiving. FIM = Fu*k I Missed it! :Rasta:

toppinFiming.jpg

Look a post #569 in my OMMSOGa Journal listed below for a tutorial on super cropping. Tried to copy it here but couldn't. If you still can't find it, I'll try some other way to show you.

No, I don't have an LED Hood.
Post #569 from OMMSOG
A Super Cropping Tutorial

First of all why do we super crop?

Here are some reasons.

Your plants stretched too much and are the in or above your lights.
Your running our of vertical space..no more room.
You want your plants to be even under your lights for better coverage.
Space limitations.

What you should do before Super Cropping. Water your plants an hour before you start. They will be easier to bend....hopefully so you wont break your girl.
Even if you do break them, Super Cropping still works. If it's a bad break you can usually tape them up and they will be fine.

Here is the Lemon Skunk before Super Cropping

Lemonskbeforejpg.JPG

Reach over and roll the stem in your fingers to soften the stem.

lemonskhand_jpg.JPG

Here she is after super cropping picture. She had a hard steam so I was very careful.

llemonskafter_jpg.JPG

Next up is Lucy..the bad girl she stretched like crazy

lucy2before_jpg.JPG

Once again I rolled her stem to soften her up. She was very easy to super crop. Very soft stems,

handandlucy_jpg.JPG

And here she is after I Super Cropped both of her stems.

lucyafter_jpg1.JPG

And now the girls are on a level playing field and will fit under the lights again.

evenplayfield_jpg.JPG

Questions and comments are welcome. Hope this clarified Supper Cropping for you a bit.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom