Lady Cannafan Indoor Garden Sponsored By ViparSpectra KS5000 LED - Multiple Strains

The last two Peanut Butter Breath are up and running in their starter cups. This is PBB #2, with #3 in the background.
So there is only one seed that has not poked through the plug, it's a Phatt Frutty. I have 7 of those stretching their stems, so I really don't need that last one. I have a fan in there now, and lowered the lights a little. They were getting a little too stretchy.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Scottay!! :love::love:
It has been a long time! Yes, it is the right person with whom you are shouting. :laugh: Do you have a grow going?

I'm going to get back to everything, Grow---make oil---edibles---pollinating---clones---make seeds......mushrooms....all of it! Too bad I got started just as winter is coming around, I would have loved to get something going outdoors again.

My name change is because I'm going to be reviewing products for some of our sponsors here on 420 Magazine. I have several items right now that I am starting on.
Hang around, and if you get a journal going, tag me!
Happy Friday to you and all :cheer:
How does one become a reviewer or whatever? Enquiring minds wanna know!! Happy Sunday!! 😎✌️

Sorry I'm late. I didn't realize you had started a new journal.

You said you didn't know if the seeds were male or female? If that's the case, @Azimuth has posted a quick way to determine sex here. I wish I had known about it when I grew regular seeds.

Sorry I'm late. I didn't realize you had started a new journal.

You said you didn't know if the seeds were male or female? If that's the case, @Azimuth has posted a quick way to determine sex here. I wish I had known about it when I grew regular seeds.
:welcome: M'dear! Not a whole lot going on right now, just waiting for the second set of leaves to come in on these kids.
Waaaaay back when, I think we looked at that female/male seed thing and thought we could determine sex by the shape of one of the ends of the seed. Something like that....
I'm not too concerned about getting males in this first round of plants, unless I get mostly males.....then I'll be upset. LOL I do want to do some pollen collecting.
Let's see if I remembered correctly about the seeds after I've visited the thread you provided. :passitleft:

Rise of the living dead

That last seed that refused to pop out of the plug was getting on me noives. I did some digging a couple days ago and found it halfway down that plug (a bit too deep on my planting) just sitting there half out of the shell. So, I left it until this morning. I opened it again and saw that it was in the same place, hadn't budged and that shell was still there. My persistence, even though I really don't need another sprout, got the better of me. I took some tweezers and carefully removed that shell and pushed a little room for the child to breath and move. It appears to be alive, so I will give a couple more days to grow on out of there. Why? Just because. :laugh:

As for the rest of the kids, they are getting sassy. I have an older 300W Mars Hydro light on them now.
The last pic is of one of the Purple Haze.

My plan today is to clean the sensors on all of my cameras and give the lenses a treatment as well. Little black dots all over my photos doesn't cut it. That's dust on the sensors and lenses magnified. UGH

Incredible shots of the cotys coming out of the shell. What lenses do you use? Do you use a tripod? Do you have studio lights? lol.... I am an enthusiast and I got excited when I saw these.

Incredible shots of the cotys coming out of the shell. What lenses do you use? Do you use a tripod? Do you have studio lights? lol.... I am an enthusiast and I got excited when I saw these.
Thank you Carmen :love: :love:
When I take those types of close ups I use a macro lens. I believe it's a Meike. I have several lenses, and 3 DSLR's. There is always a camera ready when I need it. I do have inexpensive studio lighting and backdrops etc. and use them quite often. I sometimes use a remote trigger to minimize any camera shake from pushing the shutter button.
For the macro shots, like the cotyledons, I absolutely use a tripod. As you probably know, hand holding for a shot that close is very difficult for a sharp image. Lighting it was done with a small handheld LED flashlight pointed directly into the plug.
Hope that helps!
:battingeyelashes:

Rise of the living dead

That last seed that refused to pop out of the plug was getting on me noives. I did some digging a couple days ago and found it halfway down that plug (a bit too deep on my planting) just sitting there half out of the shell. So, I left it until this morning. I opened it again and saw that it was in the same place, hadn't budged and that shell was still there. My persistence, even though I really don't need another sprout, got the better of me. I took some tweezers and carefully removed that shell and pushed a little room for the child to breath and move. It appears to be alive, so I will give a couple more days to grow on out of there. Why? Just because. :laugh:

As for the rest of the kids, they are getting sassy. I have an older 300W Mars Hydro light on them now.
The last pic is of one of the Purple Haze.

My plan today is to clean the sensors on all of my cameras and give the lenses a treatment as well. Little black dots all over my photos doesn't cut it. That's dust on the sensors and lenses magnified. UGH

:popcorn: CL🍀

Good Morning Captain. :)
I checked on the child this morning and it had not budged out of that plug even with the help from yesterday. Soooo,
I removed it from the plug thinking I would just toss it. The poor lil' thing had a tiny tap root curled up. But, it was still white and there is some green to the cotyledon. There was a piece of membrane stuck to it keeping the coty closed. I removed that, and planted it into the edge of one of the siblings' cups. I used an eye dropper to put some moisture on and around it. Last ditch effort, we'll see what happens. 🤞

Good Morning Captain. :)
I checked on the child this morning and it had not budged out of that plug even with the help from yesterday. Soooo,
I removed it from the plug thinking I would just toss it. The poor lil' thing had a tiny tap root curled up. But, it was still white and there is some green to the cotyledon. There was a piece of membrane stuck to it keeping the coty closed. I removed that, and planted it into the edge of one of the siblings' cups. I used an eye dropper to put some moisture on and around it. Last ditch effort, we'll see what happens. 🤞
Good morning Lady C. sounds like some precision work was needed. But you know how resilient this plant is so I wouldn’t be surprised if you get another baby soon. I’ll be following along on the progress. CL🍀

Thank you Carmen :love: :love:
When I take those types of close ups I use a macro lens. I believe it's a Meike. I have several lenses, and 3 DSLR's. There is always a camera ready when I need it. I do have inexpensive studio lighting and backdrops etc. and use them quite often. I sometimes use a remote trigger to minimize any camera shake from pushing the shutter button.
For the macro shots, like the cotyledons, I absolutely use a tripod. As you probably know, hand holding for a shot that close is very difficult for a sharp image. Lighting it was done with a small handheld LED flashlight pointed directly into the plug.
Hope that helps!
:battingeyelashes:
Thanks, you do have some fun toys. I have a macro lens, a Tamron and I don't believe I can get that depth of field. Skillz!

Thanks, you do have some fun toys. I have a macro lens, a Tamron and I don't believe I can get that depth of field. Skillz!
Bump up your ISO, or lower your shutter speed, and use lotsa light when adjusting for Depth of Field. The lower your shutter speed, the more you will need a tripod. The downside to a higher ISO is more "noisey" results.
You don't have to have a tripod, you can use lots of things to stabilize the camera. I use bean bags, small ones, sometimes. :love:

Back
Top Bottom