LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

You don't get a sense of that chocolate until the end. I hope that comes out more with further curing.
Oh yum. I have some atm that has a chocolatey tone as well.. it had the aroma at the end of flower too. The taste stays in my mouth all day after vaping! I should be more diligent about posting the ‘reports. I haven’t really done it. Or strain reviews etc. Been too busy getting high! You’ve inspired me though. I given great verbal descriptions of flavours my partner during my vaping reveries so I should put my posting where my mouth is!

Yay for consuming ones own grown weed while growing the next lot! :slide:

So I wanted to post my portobello recipe but it came out really greasy. I'm going to tweak it some more and try it again a couple of ways. I am going to try a baked coated version and I am going to try a different coating recipe. I really love portobello mushrooms. They are like chicken! You can cook them a million ways and never get bored! You can make mini pizzas with them, marinate them in teriyaki sauce and grill them, sauté them with marsala wine and garlic and serve over pasta....Oooooo...stuffed with crabmeat mixed with a little cream cheese, scallions, and topped with garlic butter bread crumbs...:( Now I am sad...I have no mushrooms:rolleyes: @MaddHacker had a yummy one with blue cheese and crumbs! :drool:I'm hungry.

Lady are you in the US? I've been foraging for mushrooms since I was a kid, and currently happen to have a few extra dried lbs of Morels, Porcini, and others on hand. Would love to send a few ounces of 'em your way, as thanks for all the recipes and love you spread on a daily basis. PM me if you'd like any, it'd be my pleasure.

--Stoney

Lady are you in the US? I've been foraging for mushrooms since I was a kid, and currently happen to have a few extra dried lbs of Morels, Porcini, and others on hand. Would love to send a few ounces of 'em your way, as thanks for all the recipes and love you spread on a daily basis. PM me if you'd like any, it'd be my pleasure.

--Stoney
Mmmmmm! You had me at "mushrooms" :drool:I might take you up on that! Mushroom risotto, mushrooms in eggs....mushrooms with pappardelle and ricotta and parmesan cheese.

Sadly, hubby has a fear of mushrooms and plants. Yeah...they are real phobias.... Which makes me love him all the more! Letting me grow cannabis and helping me with them when I was recovering from surgery. He also is ok with mushrooms in the fridge. When we first started dating...he even ate the " romantic" dinner of Chicken Marsala with the mushrooms that I made him!! :love: To face your fears for the ones you love...amazing!

Ok. So here is my initial impression of the Super Lemon Haze. First off, I'm am still really wasted after 60 minutes...:laugh: Yikes. This is a really fine sativa! It's surprising smooth being that it is not quite cured. VERY sharp lemon flavor! Super sticky! 2 hits was too much for me. Hit me like a ton of bricks. I was uncomfortably high for the first 30 minutes. It's a head high with little body high. Not a mellowing experience really at all. Not sure if I want to go jogging, clean the house, or watch movies all night. I feel a bit jumpy, too. This I bet is going to be on the HIGHER THC scale :ganjamon: I'm going to say I would recommend it, but not for a novice smoker or someone with a low tolerance. It's intense! I need to go walk it off a bit! I'll go easier on it next time. Yowzza! Be interesting to see how long it lasts. :passitleft:

Hiya Lady G,

Awesome smoke report! Sounds like I would love to grow some!Thank you for that, Lady G! So, it's not an auto, lol. Do you have a dry weight? Also, how many days (I assume under lights) in flower mode? I'm still trying to find a sativa strain that will mature on the stalk before bud rot season (last of september, october). Thanks again! Namaste

Hiya Lady G,

Awesome smoke report! Sounds like I would love to grow some!Thank you for that, Lady G! So, it's not an auto, lol. Do you have a dry weight? Also, how many days (I assume under lights) in flower mode? I'm still trying to find a sativa strain that will mature on the stalk before bud rot season (last of september, october). Thanks again! Namaste
Hi Bode, I’m in a similar boat - nothing longer than 8weeks max for my outdoor garden! I’ve actually got a tent now and hope to do some longer sativas down the track.

Meantime though, I’ve been told that both Carnival and Panama are relatively short flowering, and definitely good sativa highs. I haven’t procured any yet... but they’re on my list!

@LadyGaea hehe nice smoke report! o_O:cool: Not for the feint of heart eh! Sounds fantastic! :slide: pass it over will ya!
:passitleft:

Lady,...yup, one good hit off a strain like that will do it. Some Sativas are just a lil too racey for me, but waddaway to start a Sat....:rollit:
Bejesus! Racey is the WORD. I'm mellowing out now. Thank goodness!

I have to say, I had THE most perfect wine to pare with this Super Lemon Haze (SLH). Dr. Loosen 2014 Erdener Treppchen Spätlese Riesling. A lovely German white wine from the Mosel region. The paring with this was by PURE accident. I generally don't drink much alcohol anymore, but I had an open bottle that I stock for our good friend that comes over often for Sunday dinner. He rarely finishes the bottle. Invariably I do.

I'm sorry...I have a confession...I'm a "Cork Dork". I'm a "tape between the nose bridge of my glasses wine geek"! It probably makes me seem the traitor...*sniff* Sorry...I had to come clean. I actually don't drink wine like I used to. I can't. It doesn't agree...but when I do...it's a treat. I am instructed a glass of red is ok from time to time, but no more. White...not frequent.

Talk about lemon meringue pie juicy yumminess! The tart lemon with a touch of the bitter. My taste buds were heightened to the complementary profile of the cannabis and this wine. All my senses were tripped with the SLH!

Lets get away from alcohol pairings for this and go straight for food pairings! Obviously fish...particularly sweet and mild! Scallops, cod/scrod, lobster, shrimp, salmon, and arctic char. Dessert? Lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, lemon granite, lemon mousse with raspberry coulis. This flavor profile stuck around for a while on my lips and tongue.

What if you are a vegetarian? Sliced zucchini and summer squash with a splash of white wine, lemon juice, garlic butter, and cracked pepper. Asparagus or artichokes with lemon butter. Cauliflower with a vegan hollandaise sauce.

Whew...I can't wait to try the Tangielope again! :love:

Your mellowing out 3 hours later? is that correct?
Are you still high?
I might need me some of that Super Lemon Haze! :high-five:
I am a bit of a light weight I admit , but damn! I gotta get this stuff tested. The taste was unreal! The "kid" is going to be the real test. I gave him a little of each. Be interesting to get his opinion. The tail end is what I enjoyed the most. I won't need much of this to medicate! Ha-ha! I was pretty stoned for an hour, comfortable for another hour, and mellow for an hour yet. Not bad!

Hiya Lady G,

Hiya Bode!
Super Lemon Haze wet was 15.12 ounces of bud and dry was 3.67 ounces. Really strong stems, so training sooner than later is good before she packs on girth. She stinks early and gets lighter until cut and cured. 130 days total and 63 in flower I think is where I left off. I only topped once. I think even a seasoned smoker and fan of sativas will like the potency!

Hi Bode, I’m in a similar boat - nothing longer than 8weeks max for my outdoor garden! I’ve actually got a tent now and hope to do some longer sativas down the track.

Meantime though, I’ve been told that both Carnival and Panama are relatively short flowering, and definitely good sativa highs. I haven’t procured any yet... but they’re on my list!

@LadyGaea hehe nice smoke report! o_O:cool: Not for the feint of heart eh! Sounds fantastic! :slide: pass it over will ya!
:passitleft:
:passitleft:Good stuff! Yup..she was a long one. Green House Seed also makes an auto of this. That might work for your shorter window!

I have to say, I had THE most perfect wine to pare with this Super Lemon Haze (SLH). Dr. Loosen 2014 Erdener Treppchen Spätlese Riesling. A lovely German white wine from the Mosel region. The paring with this was by PURE accident. I generally don't drink much alcohol anymore, but I had an open bottle that I stock for our good friend that comes over often for Sunday dinner. He rarely finishes the bottle. Invariably I do.

I'm sorry...I have a confession...I'm a "Cork Dork". I'm a "tape between the nose bridge of my glasses wine geek"! It probably makes me seem the traitor...*sniff* Sorry...I had to come clean. I actually don't drink wine like I used to. I can't. It doesn't agree...but when I do...it's a treat. I am instructed a glass of red is ok from time to time, but no more. White...not frequent.

Talk about lemon meringue pie juicy yumminess! The tart lemon with a touch of the bitter. My taste buds were heightened to the complementary profile of the cannabis and this wine. All my senses were tripped with the SLH!

Lets get away from alcohol pairings for this and go straight for food pairings! Obviously fish...particularly sweet and mild! Scallops, cod/scrod, lobster, shrimp, salmon, and arctic char. Dessert? Lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, lemon granite, lemon mousse with raspberry coulis. This flavor profile stuck around for a while on my lips and tongue.

What if you are a vegetarian? Sliced zucchini and summer squash with a splash of white wine, lemon juice, garlic butter, and cracked pepper. Asparagus or artichokes with lemon butter. Cauliflower with a vegan hollandaise sauce.

Whew...I can't wait to try the Tangielope again! :love:

You understand food, wine and cannabis the way I do! I love reading this!

You understand food, wine and cannabis the way I do! I love reading this!
I had my eyes opened when I took 6 weeks of wine class at culinary school. Much like wine, cannabis has its own taste profile. That's obvious to a cannabis snob! :rofl: Food, wine, and cannabis is a no brainer! I taste no bat gauno or chemicals in this weed Doc! Truly outstanding ! Thanks for that!:high-five:

Amazing smoke review and parings. Exceptional journal this is. :green_heart:
Thanks Lady G2. Was a fun grow for sure! I still have the Tangielope now that it has had some time to cure. The SLH kicked my ass. I'll go easy at first! Lol

I had my eyes opened when I took 6 weeks of wine class at culinary school. Much like wine, cannabis has its own taste profile. That's obvious to a cannabis snob! :rofl: Food, wine, and cannabis is a no brainer! I taste no bat gauno or chemicals in this weed Doc! Truly outstanding ! Thanks for that!:high-five:

Now that you're getting it down...you'll notice that the flavors aren't all in "primary colors." There's a complex terp profile.....kinda like a nice mature wine as opposed to grape juice.

When you're comfortable with the kit feel free to try little things and see the difference they make. It's really fun!

Back
Top Bottom