LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Date - 11/14/22 - Day# 70 (W10D7)
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 12" away, 500-550PPFD, 40-45DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 52% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 56% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221117_094434.jpg

Other than when I open the tent(and the three hour power outage last Saturday), the @VIVOSUN AeroZesh and GrowHub have done a fantastic job of keeping the VPD right around 1.4. It's keeping more heat in the tent than the static exhaust fan as well. I'll bump the humidity down a couple points per week through the end of the grow, ending in the upper 40s/low 50s.

I've been reviewing Pebble's grow log and noticed that she's drinking less now than she was a couple of weeks ago. Before November 1st, she was consitently drinking over 2 liters every day, sometimes as much as 3 liters. Since Nov 1, she has not gone over 2 liters in a day, and right now seems to be drinking around 1.8 liters/day. It looks like her leaves are lighter up top than they were then as well. Unfortunately, this could be due to a few things:
- I top-watered a few times right around that time. Did top watering mess with the hydrotropism / roots? I don't think this is it, though, because I haven't top-watered in a while.
- I've been feeding more aggresively since then, adding calmag + purpinator + sweet candy to around 1.0-1.2ec. Is she getting too much P/K now? Does she need plain water for a feeding or two?
Screenshot_20221117_101859.jpg

I haven't top-watered in a while, but I will use this sprayer to soak the surface occasionally. The top couple of inches tend to dry out, and I'm trying to keep them moist to let the Geoflora break down.

I took most of her LST off when I last fed her and didn't bother to put it back on. A few of the buds raised up an inch or so which is fine. Her canopy is looking great coming into the last few weeks. I'm starting to see a few more orange pistils, but there are also plenty of buds that are still all white. I'm hoping I can keep her going for three more weeks. Despite any issues she may be having, she's still packing on the bud!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
Well documented and nice pics!
I don't know what perp means.

Cheers!

Great write up LKA, that's some detailed record keeping you're doing. :thumb:
Thanks Az. It keeps me organized if nothing else. It also helps spot trends/issues when I go back and review it.
Well documented and nice pics!
I don't know what perp means.

Cheers!
Thanks Scott. A few of my shorthands:

sc = Sweet Candy
purp/perp/p = Purpinator
HG = Hydroguard
bb=Big Bud
bc=Bud Candy (used these two before I got the sweet candy)
cm=calmag

Love the sugar on the tops and I want to reach into the shot of the undercarriage and pluck every single one of those tiny flowers off! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Shed. There is a LOT of larf under there, I usually trim a lot more than I did with her. I really only got rid of the suckers and a couple of leaves, I never did a big defol. I'm considering harvesting her tops and then letting the rest go a couple more weeks. We'll see when I get there ;)

All kidding aside, the future of home growing is going at it with low power. Just my opinion. Yes I like high power a lot but have you looked at the heating bill we're about to experience this winter? +30% Here maybe more. I'll see how long I can keep up with it @650 + 420 watts. + oil heat this year.

All kidding aside, the future of home growing is going at it with low power. Just my opinion. Yes I like high power a lot but have you looked at the heating bill we're about to experience this winter? +30% Here maybe more. I'll see how long I can keep up with it @650 + 420 watts. + oil heat this year.
I had an oil furnace as back up in an old place.
It was a mess loud smelly, I regretted that decision.
Out electricity bill was up over $260.00 the last month in the greenhouse.
Heater wasn't efficient and just ran on full.
But I don't think that's bad.
1400 watts 7 am to 7 pm.
Then a 1000 w Heater 7 pm to 7 am. For 30 days.
$260 more than no lights or heater.
Stacey didn't share my optimism when she paid the bill. :rofl:
It's a lot extra yes but the reward was far more.
That's how I look at it.
Can't pay electricity bill in pot though. :rolleyes:
It's going to be interesting to see what the new room will cost to run.
Still be 1500 watts of light easy.
And heat. :oops:
Better order more insulation. :thumb:
Hope you can keep that light on Amigo. :high-five:
Did you get the oil burner cleaned before the fall?
Just incase.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Date - 11/3/22 - Day# 57 (W9D1)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 450-500PPFD, 35-40DLI
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan: Waiting for new exhaust fan, exhaust on LOW
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Big Bud, Bud Candy
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco Veg and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm) pHed to 6.5

I can see the buds stacking up daily now. Looking over her, she really is full of puffballs.

The yellow tips on the leaves never did go away entirely, and now I'm seeing some light colors on some of the top leaves. The lowers look good, it's just the tops.

I just gave her another feeding of Geoflora bloom yesterday. I'm giving her purpinator with every watering now. I added in some Big Bud and Bud Candy today, as least until I get the Sweet Candy. I'm hoping that the recent feeding will turn her around, or at least not get any worse.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
After reading these for the fourth time it finally dawned on me (to my eternal shame) "Hey! I can ask LKAB what his calibration procedure is for his camera lux and Photone." Thing is, "Just doing it" didn't provide the necessary results this time and I am finally forced to question my own genius. Every journey begins at its first step I suppose. This one looks like it might be a long one.

So, if I may, how do/did you do it, and h!w confident are you?

I can't leave, however, without commenting on how this thread is such a smooth, strong pitch. I like your style LK)

Yeah that's another way but I didn't suggest it since it might be challenging if their tech experience is a bit lacking. Good old linux never fails
This is literally gold. I absolutely love learning new things in humourous ways. Off the top of my head, you just saved 20 people, hundreds of hours. Cheers mate.

1400 watts 7 am to 7 pm.
That's how I look at it.
Just incase.

Stay safe
Is it possible to split the room and run 2 light program times to make heat with one while the other is off?

Date - 11/14/22 - Day# 70 (W10D7)
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221117_094434.jpg

Other than when I open the tent(and the three hour power outage last Saturday), the @VIVOSUN AeroZesh and GrowHub have done a fantastic job of keeping the VPD right around 1.4. It's keeping more heat in the tent than the static exhaust fan as well. I'll bump the humidity down a couple points per week through the end of the grow, ending in the upper 40s/low 50s.

I've been reviewing Pebble's grow log and noticed that she's drinking less now than she was a couple of weeks ago. Before November 1st, she was consitently drinking over 2 liters every day, sometimes as much as 3 liters. Since Nov 1, she has not gone over 2 liters in a day, and right now seems to be drinking around 1.8 liters/day. It looks like her leaves are lighter up top than they were then as well. Unfortunately, this could be due to a few things:
- I top-watered a few times right around that time. Did top watering mess with the hydrotropism / roots? I don't think this is it, though, because I haven't top-watered in a while.
- I've been feeding more aggresively since then, adding calmag + purpinator + sweet candy to around 1.0-1.2ec. Is she getting too much P/K now? Does she need plain water for a feeding or two?
Screenshot_20221117_101859.jpg

I haven't top-watered in a while, but I will use this sprayer to soak the surface occasionally. The top couple of inches tend to dry out, and I'm trying to keep them moist to let the Geoflora break down.

I took most of her LST off when I last fed her and didn't bother to put it back on. A few of the buds raised up an inch or so which is fine. Her canopy is looking great coming into the last few weeks. I'm starting to see a few more orange pistils, but there are also plenty of buds that are still all white. I'm hoping I can keep her going for three more weeks. Despite any issues she may be having, she's still packing on the bud!

Wow! Pretty buds! Love the purplish sheen they have. Frosty too! Nice job. I almost always release their bonds for the stretch. The point of the bond is to shape, not to retard growth. So once they start stretching I release them so as to get as much stem as possible on the branch. Nice canopy.

I absolutely agree with you SO. The environmental controls makes sure that the exhaust only runs when needed, keeping the heat in the tent. The programmable 100w LED allows me to use the minimum intensity I need for each stage. Put the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System together with a 2x2 or 3x3 and you should be able to grow enough for personal consumption easily, all at the minimum of cost.

I absolutely agree with you SO. The environmental controls makes sure that the exhaust only runs when needed, keeping the heat in the tent. The programmable 100w LED allows me to use the minimum intensity I need for each stage. Put the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System together with a 2x2 or 3x3 and you should be able to grow enough for personal consumption easily, all at the minimum of cost.
I was a skeptical observer in the beginning but these can be reliable and long living tools!

After reading these for the fourth time it finally dawned on me (to my eternal shame) "Hey! I can ask LKAB what his calibration procedure is for his camera lux and Photone." Thing is, "Just doing it" didn't provide the necessary results this time and I am finally forced to question my own genius. Every journey begins at its first step I suppose. This one looks like it might be a long one.

So, if I may, how do/did you do it, and h!w confident are you?
In Photone, go into settings, then calibration. I set a light meter next to my phone to get the actual LUX, then enter that into the Photone calibration app. Once they're calibrated, I'll compare the two at different readings and they're close enough. My light meter only reads LUX, so I use Photone to get PPFD & DLI.
I can't leave, however, without commenting on how this thread is such a smooth, strong pitch. I like your style LK)
Thanks RD.

1400 watts 7 am to 7 pm.
That's how I look at it.
Just incase.

Stay safe
Is it possible to split the room and run 2 light program times to make heat with one while the other is off?
That's a great idea. @Bill284 what if you ran HPS in your shed, at least part of the time. Would that be any cheaper than LED+Heaters?

the programmable exhaust fans are fantastic for retaining or scrubbing both heat and rh. they are on my upgrade wish list. the newest gear i'm using is over 5 yrs old now and getting tired.

That's a great idea. @Bill284 what if you ran HPS in your shed, at least part of the time. Would that be any cheaper than LED+Heaters?

that's one of the few apps where i would recommend hid lighting. i used hid in heat challenged spaces before. my veg space requires a heater, it wouldn't need it under hid. the initial pull on the light would too much for my wiring though.

Wow! Pretty buds! Love the purplish sheen they have. Frosty too! Nice job.
Thanks Jon. I love how 'fruity' she is looking!
I almost always release their bonds for the stretch. The point of the bond is to shape, not to retard growth. So once they start stretching I release them so as to get as much stem as possible on the branch. Nice canopy.
This time I used LST through stretch to keep her spread out. Especially before I put in the net, I was afraid if I released too soon everything would grow right back to the middle ;) She still stretched from 8" to 20", though.

the programmable exhaust fans are fantastic for retaining or scrubbing both heat and rh. they are on my upgrade wish list. the newest gear i'm using is over 5 yrs old now and getting tired.
You're going to love how easy it is to set your VPD. Definitely one of those things that once you have it it's hard to go back.

Date - 11/14/22 - Day# 75 (W11D5)
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White

I was watering her on Saturday morning and realized that something stinks! I know Geoflora can have a musty smell, but this was strong sulfer. It smelled like rotten eggs and it was coming from the res! As I was adding water the res was farting through the air hole. I'd been smelling something recently and chalked it up to a recent Geoflora feeding. This was different, though. This is one of the few times on this site that you're lucky there's no smell!

So I decided to drain the res. Easier said than done. In the end, I put a piece of tubing in the inlet and another to syphon out of the air hole gap. Then I blew in the top pipe to create positive pressure in the res, which pushed the water out of the res. And that stuff smelled like shit. There were some rotten root pieces in there too ;( I guess I know why she stopped drinking as much, and possibly some of the deficiencies as well.

I haven't let the res run dry for the entire 70+ days, plenty of time for something to grow down there. I'll use bennies from now on in SIP, and probably let the res run dry at least every week or two.

I got it all drained out then filled with 2L of H2O2 solution (1 part 3% H2O2 to 2 parts water). On Sunday morning that was mostly gone, so I added 2l of nutes along with some Great White (GW). I'll continue using the GW and HydroGuard (HG) in the res through the end of the grow.

This morning there was still water/nutes in the res. I really want the res to go dry before I add anything else. So, I top-watered 1L this morning to get the Geoflora goodness down to her. If the res isn't dry tomorrow, I'll top-water 1/2 liter. I'm going to make her use up everything in the res before I fill it again.

Pebbles is still hanging tough. She's still really light on top, but I'm hoping to get her healthy enough to finish up that last couple of weeks strong!

Back
Top Bottom