Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Yeah, it was a great day. Then around 1 the snow came. We just hunker down a little longer. Have a serious spring fever now with warmer and some sunny days. Almost time to start seeds inside!

I love outdoor cooking. Always seems to taste better to me. Any fish? Great outing with the young 'uns. Cheers
Yeah, a bunch of largemouth bass...

I wish more people were able to get outside with their kids...both for themselves and their kids. All the basics of being helpful, considerate, respectful, and appreciative can be best learned on a day out.

I'm not sure how big an operation I'll need. I'll never grow more than 4 flowering plants with 4 ready to flower when the first ones are done in the tent. Add to that 3 summer holes maybe 40-50 gallon size in the yard. I'd like to make enough for that. Well maybe a couple of tomato plants or four too.

Rodale is how I do gardening. Well sans all the hokey pokey with the cow horns and all that. Lol.

Here's a good read on-line should get ya where ya want.

Vermicomposting for Beginners - Rodale Institute

You can build a compost bin, purchase one I've even go them free thru out city streets department. Get enough people doing vermicomposting, it easily saves money from having to collect it and toss into a landfill. Turns out 25-30% of all waste going into landfills can be composted into soil.

Holes in the sides.. lid should repel water - your vermicompost will have plenty of liquid if you use kitchen scraps. Just steer clear of fats and animal products - they smell and attract critters.

Blew your cottage is freaking awesome. Thats some serious woodworking. We had a post and beam barn that was built in the late 1700s still standing and in good shape. Just need a roof every 100 years or so. lol

Rodale is how I do gardening. Well sans all the hokey pokey with the cow horns and all that. Lol.

Here's a good read on-line should get ya where ya want.

Vermicomposting for Beginners - Rodale Institute

You can build a compost bin, purchase one I've even go them free thru out city streets department. Get enough people doing vermicomposting, it easily saves money from having to collect it and toss into a landfill. Turns out 25-30% of all waste going into landfills can be composted into soil.

Holes in the sides.. lid should repel water - your vermicompost will have plenty of liquid if you use kitchen scraps. Just steer clear of fats and animal products - they smell and attract critters.

Blew your cottage is freaking awesome. Thats some serious woodworking. We had a post and beam barn that was built in the late 1700s still standing and in good shape. Just need a roof every 100 years or so. lol
Thanks Bobrown, it's going to be a great summer.

Finally went and grabbed the Lemon from the Cottage...73%RH which meant it would never have actually dried, but I am fine with the progress...if the goal was to get rid of chlorophyll, then that week hanging served it's purpose....I gave them another trim (easier when not all one plant) and they are now in the 35%RH root cellar...4-5 days there and into jars.

Highya BH,

You're smoking some creative strain!! Love it. I come up with things like that often if I'm passionate about something. Fun, isn't it? Hope the fish fry was great. Cheers

Amazing how quickly buds will dry in 30%RH compared to 70%! 24 hours in the root cellar finally put a little crisp into them, which removes my fear of any mold, and I just put them in a paper bag for a day or so and see how that changes the pace.....

I've been hanging for a day ish
Trim the leaves
Hang overnight
Trim into paper sacks into fridge for a few days
Into oven bags to burp till down to 70% Rh
Then jars

So far so good, and my Rh is 30% in my house if I'm lucky, grow rooms can hit 40+ ish, that's about it

I've been hanging for a day ish
Trim the leaves
Hang overnight
Trim into paper sacks into fridge for a few days
Into oven bags to burp till down to 70% Rh
Then jars

So far so good, and my Rh is 30% in my house if I'm lucky, grow rooms can hit 40+ ish, that's about it
You jar @ 70%?

What my Rh things say, but they aren't right, but around there, then burp for a few days if they seem to moist
I had my plant hanging in 70-73% for a week and it still seemed like I cut it that morning...it lost a little water weight, but when I trimmed it yesterday it was still really sticky...I am paranoid about jarring and coming back in a week or more and seeing mold....do you use Boveda packs? I use the 60gr 62% in a half gallon...

I stopped using them, they seemed to suck the life outa the buds

I do notice some 6mo old bud turning copper now, guess that's normal

I stopped using them, they seemed to suck the life outa the buds
I do notice some 6mo old bud turning copper now, guess that's normal
Interesting...I actually tried to seal-a-meal a large quantity last fall...I had to harvest it early so its not primo, but I wanted to see well it stored.

Back
Top Bottom