Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Snow day today with the kids, but I got a chance to sneak off for 30 minutes to do "chores" ;)

One of my quests has been the elusive cure that maintains (and possibly improves) aroma and flavor. Last 3x auto harvests (Bloody Skunk, Kush, NLxBB) seemed improved for aroma. I wanted to try an experiment with the Lemon. I put her in dark for 48 hours and then quickly trimmed her fan leaves and then chopped and hung her. I'll try to get 6-8 days hanging to see if this makes any difference.

In case you missed it, I posted a pic in last month's POTM which was of the siamese colas on this Lemon...you can see it above in the second trimmed photo (upper left) and the hanging photo (lower right)...I've seen topped colas merge, but these were on the outer branches.

One of my quests has been the elusive cure that maintains (and possibly improves) aroma and flavor.

I posted a question about wet/dry trimming in Vans thread a couple days back.... Yeti suggested that hanging entire plant to dry and then dry trimming is the way to go and has noticed it helps improve flavours/aromas.... May be worth doing a trial if you’ve got a few more to take down! I’m gonna try both ways over next few harvests.

Congrats on the harvest though! Looks fantastic!
:passitleft:

I posted a question about wet/dry trimming in Vans thread a couple days back.... Yeti suggested that hanging entire plant to dry and then dry trimming is the way to go and has noticed it helps improve flavours/aromas.... May be worth doing a trial if you’ve got a few more to take down! I’m gonna try both ways over next few harvests.

Congrats on the harvest though! Looks fantastic!
I get overwhelmed in any of @Van Stank threads...so much going on and I can't keep up o_O (though every once in a while I look at the pretty pictures ;))

I hadn't really considered this method for the recent harvests, but I am glad I am trying it with the Lemon. I just checked the same room a few hours with the door closed and the RH bumped up to 68%...still manageable and I'll keep an eye on it. I trimmed enough of the fan leaves off that they get air movement...I might throw in my small fan to gently move the air around the plant if it doesn't feel like it is drying.

In case you missed it, I posted a pic in last month's POTM which was of the siamese colas on this Lemon...you can see it above in the second trimmed photo (upper left) and the hanging photo (lower right)...I've seen topped colas merge, but these were on the outer branches.

I love it. Dueling tops!

TGIF! Enjoy your day everybody.

Last 2x days were cooooold....single digits. Went to check on the tent yesterday and the deadbolt was frozen...which isn't uncommon, but sitting here drinking my coffee I reflect on my lack of stress knowing the tent is dialed in and the grow is clicking along just fine w/o me! Today expected to get upper 20's so maybe the lock will let me in :)

*(What's up with the dead tool bar? No gallery or emojis...is it just me?)

I got them. Yours must be frozen.
They locked me out because they said I was a sexist pig... :laugh:

Nah, I accidentally must have clicked on "toggle BB code" which is the last cog-looking icon in the toolbar...it removes all the other options, which is an odd offering...but now we know.

TGIF! Enjoy your day everybody.

Last 2x days were cooooold....single digits. Went to check on the tent yesterday and the deadbolt was frozen...which isn't uncommon, but sitting here drinking my coffee I reflect on my lack of stress knowing the tent is dialed in and the grow is clicking along just fine w/o me! Today expected to get upper 20's so maybe the lock will let me in :)

*(What's up with the dead tool bar? No gallery or emojis...is it just me?)

And a fine Friday and weekend 2u2. We will be hitting + temps starting tomorrow woohoo. Of course it wont last.

I had a post yesterday where I couldn't find the tool bar at all. All fine now dont know what happened.

Killer morning ice fishing with the kids...made pork and bean for everybody...use your imagination to know how delicious this smelled (especially when it is cold and windy).....

and now in the middle of a white-out snowstorm...to be followed by rain, so basically ice :(

Photos later this week when kids in school and I bring the Lemon home to finish her in the root cellar...the cottage is a constant 70%RH so she is drying slooooow. I'm cool with that since I was experimenting with the whole "chlorophyll needs more than 7 days to off gas"...in the 35% root cellar she'll finish in 4-5 days and I'll jar her up.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Yeah, it was a great day. Then around 1 the snow came. We just hunker down a little longer. Have a serious spring fever now with warmer and some sunny days. Almost time to start seeds inside!

I love outdoor cooking. Always seems to taste better to me. Any fish? Great outing with the young 'uns. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom