Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

I've never seen it and old timers saying last time was 50+ years ago...I'm hoping they don't return for another 50 years...
I hear ya! Stay away.... lol

Can you take a pic of how you did that Blew? I'll be doing the same and it will give me an idea of when and how tight, or light you do it.
Ooops, just re-read the post, nevermind.
You referring to training? I recommend a tomato cage if you are growing outside and expect the plant to be bigger than 4' high (and easily that wide)...pulling the growing arms through the cage as they grow is simple and during the grow does a lot of the heavy lifting as far as training. The initial pulling out of branches opens up the plant for better light penetration and ventilation. What I did yesterday was use pipe cleaners looped under the upper nodes of the branches and then pulled those inward and attaching to the cage...effectively making the plants 2' narrower. I am in a GH so I know my constraints and where these plants want to be in 2 more months of vegging....you are outside and the reason training in this way is beneficial is when the buds come they will be heavy and will weigh down the branches. The pipe cleaners will help support those heavy bud-laden branches....:p.

I am a topping fool now as well because they already are all 4' and growing...

You referring to training? I recommend a tomato cage if you are growing outside and expect the plant to be bigger than 4' high (and easily that wide)...pulling the growing arms through the cage as they grow is simple and during the grow does a lot of the heavy lifting as far as training. The initial pulling out of branches opens up the plant for better light penetration and ventilation. What I did yesterday was use pipe cleaners looped under the upper nodes of the branches and then pulled those inward and attaching to the cage...effectively making the plants 2' narrower.

That's exactly what I was referring to. I will be using the tomato cage but wanted to see how you looped it back. I understand what you are saying and when you post images later this week I will getter a better idea.

That's exactly what I was referring to. I will be using the tomato cage but wanted to see how you looped it back. I understand what you are saying and when you post images later this week I will getter a better idea.
You have plenty of time....:)

Hi Blew - if you want to make that cologne you could purchase some terpene extract - comes in many strain based flavours / scents.
Good idea...but I was mainly joking...I love when I rub up against the cannabis leaves and I smell like them. My wife has a soap and beauty business (and a food science degree) so she could probably make something in-house. She already makes cannabis soap and salve.

Blew I wish you were my neighbour :passitleft:

:) (Especially when we harvest the Stankberries!)

My farm is surrounded by a bunch of Back to the Land hippies in their 70's...really great neighbors. They are all pretty self-sufficient and positive...when I start growing at the Farm they will love it!

Yeah im gonna put some windows in the rear on top and some windows in the front so I can open them up and let it flow through.
I've learned that you can have open roof panels w/o any issues....the lower intake vents I cover with hardware cloth...

Hey blew... I'm not going to have a peak roof... just one slope from 8 feet to 6 feet... and I need something that I can close up as the structure is very very basic and its not 100 mph proof.
Is this for summer or shoulder season growing?

Back
Top Bottom