MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Apart from heat, you can also over-saturate your plants with light. I ran a 600W hps and saw the evidence in my own plants, so I made sure to keep it 14+ inches away. It was stunting my tops. Here's a chart:

HPSGraphPAR3.jpg

Going back out to check now. I got some chart earlier for an mh bulb, and it shows like 6 inches. Good info thank you both.

Got some Alaska fish fertilizer today, did a foliage feeding, or sprayed the girls right before they woke up. Now my tent smells like my fingers did the first time I fingered some rotten crotch. :cheer:

Only used it 1/4 strength so not seeing much, but it all helps.

Except that dirty coochy smell in my tent, that doesn't help....

My wife goes out there and I got some splanin to-do

Moved them around, changed position or location of light,,, thinking out ways to scrog the LK:

20141220_082815.jpg

Auto candy kush looking ok:
2014-12-20_13_08_49.jpg
20141220_082742.jpg

Have a green Saturday, 420:thanks:

I know, it's just veg, but I'm pretty happy. Seems like my plants are happy. Have the temps under control. I think between the temp and light level issues I've had I've done the most damage to them, or stress to them.

Yesterday I came home from work to find them just about to wake with a temp of 84,, I was like fuuuuuck. Then, I sprayed them with fish fertilizer, cause I'm a real dummy, and when they woke I added a 100 wt 65k cfl and put it right next to the autos.

Few hours later I go look at them and they didn't look good.

Why would I add two variables, after finding the temps screwed up? I told you sometimes I'm a slow learner. Doh! :)

But, I took the lights down, removed the space heater in the tent which caused the temp spikes, and put my lights at 16 inches above canopy.

Been really watching the temps, I think they are stable, more stable and the plants look very happy.

Note to self, don't be a moron.

Tomorrow, I roll the lights to 16/8
Then HPS bulb goes live on Christmas :) and next Sunday they go to 14/10
And the following week, January 4th they go 12/12

Can't believe it's coming up this quickly....
20141220_163021.jpg

Looks real good bud (despite everything) I like the positive notes to self :bravo:lol...
Auto Candy Kush looking real nice look forward to seeing her grow
Keep it up bud :)

Thanks bro, it's fun to see positive results.

I have a special place in my heart for pigeons, in my past I was good friends with someone with that last name. Brings a smile to my face thinking it could be you, but, knowing him and what he does,, it's doubtful.

Either way, thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Thank you LA, I have been taking those ones off.

I periodically take leaves that are in the way, or will be.

I'm not a hacker, but I'm not afraid to cut to create.

I'm not saying I defoiliate either.

Your methods are awesome, I thought I could do what I'm trying to do, but your tutorials show I've got a way to go.

Thanks again, I wish I could meet you and shake your hand, you and many others here.

One more question for you, and I know there are many variables so just an average if you don't mind.

How many nodes or branches/colas should I look to have? I know I can thin a few out, and from reading your journals I see where you take some off early to open up space/light/air movement.

I'd rather have 15-20 good fat colas rather then 30 smaller ones.

Just for more info. One plant/girl I think I'm going to rig a rubberized, chicken wire, scrog-ish type screen, a little larger then the milk crate. Maybe an inch wider on each side of crate.

The other girl I was thinking about using more if the wire I'm using, sorta like you do.

Both plants are in ,5g smart pots, in milk crates.

I'm six weeks into I think an eight week veg, but I could add a week if you think that would be smart/pay off.

Thanks, a shit ton

Getting ready to scrog the two lemon kush. Decided I'm going to do them both together. Moved some things around in the tent. Added some CFL's for side lighting/ and just because :cheer: so, I'm up to almost 600 watts.

I glued five metal posts to the crate to hold the SCROG screen. And, for the last time I FIM'd LK1 - four times/spots, and LK2 I FIM'd 2 more times.

The screen I have is 1x2 rubberized and with the dimensions i have it's got 70 spots, I hope to fill 90 % of that with buds sites. Christmas day the HPS goes live. Just under two more weeks of veg and training.
20141222_164042.jpg

The Auto Candy Kush are flowering, I can't seem to upload pictures correctly, sorry. Wish I could roatate them. Anyway, CK1 is as wide as it is tall, like my first wife :)
20141222_163940.jpg

CK2 is spindly, but nice bud sights that should fill up nicly with the added CFL's
20141222_163922.jpg

For your auto candy whats the light cycle you've chosen?

First week 24/7
Next three weeks 20/4
Last week 18/6
This 16/8
Then 14/10
And January 4th 12/13
:p Just testing you :)

I originally planned them to be 90-100 days plants, based on what I saw on the internet, but based on what I'm seeing in person, and how soon they started flowering -- they might be closer to what the breeder/seller of seeds said, 65-70 :)

At Wal-Mart today getting a few last minute items and I spent 15 to run some air into my water.

Does it matter how long, or how long should I push air into it before a feeding, anyone?
An hour, 24?

Six days? :)

20141223_171104.jpg
20141223_170803.jpg

Sweet, thanks, was going to water them tonight, but I'm going to hold out until tomorrow if I can, been five days today.....

I figure there is nothing wrong with what I'm doing, probably guarantee it can't hurt.

Might help, just like the CFLs.

The Autos are coming on nice. I did a little LST on them, and I can see the "knuckles" it formed where the node meets the stem. It should help sending more love to the nodes....

I love this shit

Merry Christmas and stay green friends

Not cold enough for snow this Christmas, but plenty of white and frosty going on with my autos:
20141224_075355.jpg

HO HO HOOOOO

Never grown them. But, I figured, and I'm far from done, but done gently you can do a lot to improve things. Still learning everyday though. Not cutting anything, but I move and adjust fan leaves and I notice the same knuckling of the node stem area as I see on my photos and other plants I've grown which I'm much more "abusive" to. Or that I train more deliberately. I use pipe cleaners to move young branches, it strengthens them if done correctly. But, I also go days without doing anything to them, it's a balance. I don't think it's slowing them/stunting them. But again, I'm far from done, those are 30+ days old. I think the CFLs hitting them from the sides is helping too.

I am very happy they are flowering and if they're done the end of next month that would be awesome.

It'll free space, and of course help me. Makes winter more interesting that is for sure ;)

Back
Top Bottom