Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

why couldn't you just make your oil right away since you aren't smoking it anyways? sorry for the hijack Neiko

Sorry to take so long to get this answered. You can make infused oils with a fresh harvest, but there's too much water in the plants for CCO, at least to my understanding. If such a method exists I haven't found it yet.

Also, Neiko, Grow Goddess dries her buds completely and then vacuum seals them to retain all the terps from that point on. She also did some exploration on eating the naturally decarbed buds at one point and found them to be extremely potent. This jars of extra some of you have from previous years contain potent meds that can get you buzzed just by eating them raw. Cool, huh? :laughtwo:

Sorry to take so long to get this answered. You can make infused oils with a fresh harvest, but there's too much water in the plants for CCO, at least to my understanding. If such a method exists I haven't found it yet.

Also, Neiko, Grow Goddess dries her buds completely and then vacuum seals them to retain all the terps from that point on. She also did some exploration on eating the naturally decarbed buds at one point and found them to be extremely potent. This jars of extra some of you have from previous years contain potent meds that can get you buzzed just by eating them raw. Cool, huh? :laughtwo:

That's the same concept as cobbing your buds. As they age, they will ferment, which decarbs them, which I just realized, will super charge it like you've been doing in the oven. There's a grower on another forum that doesn't smoke. He decarbs in the oven and eats them straight like pop corn, or he'll cob it and eat it straight like that.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

Hey Gang, I just wanted to share some test results of the 2 phenotypes of purple sherb from In House Genetics. This turned out to be some damn fine smoke, I'm very impressed!
Screenshot_2017-03-01-13-49-49.png
Screenshot_2017-03-01-13-48-49.png
Screenshot_2017-03-01-17-30-16.png
Screenshot_2017-03-01-17-30-06.png

It's hard to see but the micro pic is showing some purple trichomes!

Interesting that the cannabinoid count was better in #1 but the terpene counts are superior in #2. :hmmmm:

Thank you for sharing these neiko.

Interesting that the cannabinoid count was better in #1 but the terpene counts are superior in #2. :hmmmm:

Thank you for sharing these neiko.

Notice they have the exact same terp profile just in different amounts? I have never seen that when I tested 2 of the same strain. I have even had slightly different profiles from clones grown together.

My tester tried them both. He had #1 first and was impressed with taste and potency. Then #2, the comment was oooo this might be a even a little better....this was before the test results came back. Just another confirmation that terps are more important than thc%.

That's the same concept as cobbing your buds. As they age, they will ferment, which decarbs them, which I just realized, will super charge it like you've been doing in the oven. There's a grower on another forum that doesn't smoke. He decarbs in the oven and eats them straight like pop corn, or he'll cob it and eat it straight like that.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

I used decarbed buds to get quick meds into Dale when he was in the nursing home. It was quick and efficient, and he developed a preference for the high before he died. We always ate them with coffee. They can be tough to get down. Grow Goddess was simply swallowing them like capsules. Little buds, naturally decarbed over months and months that she'd set aside for a project and then neglected as she enjoyed that ND SAP oil she developed. I have to make some of that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Samples on the same plant can vary a bit...the best way to test it would be to grind up the entire plant....which pretty much negates the entire purpose for growing the damn thing in the first place.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Notice they have the exact same terp profile just in different amounts? I have never seen that when I tested 2 of the same strain. I have even had slightly different profiles from clones grown together.

My tester tried them both. He had #1 first and was impressed with taste and potency. Then #2, the comment was oooo this might be a even a little better....this was before the test results came back. Just another confirmation that terps are more important than thc%.

Yes, I did notice that, and I was surprised as well. Yet another reason to explore PsyCro's fresh harvest infused oils, which he believes retains more of the terps into the oil and Grow Goddess's ND SAP oil, which uses no heat in the decarb process. Both of these processes create meds that appear to be superior to all the others.

Neiko, I'd love to see you make some of the Naturally Decarbed SAP and have it tested. I'd be willing to help finance that adventure.

I've never tried Marinol, which is pure THC. REports from people who have say they feel like crap. The terps are necessary for humans to enjoy cannabis. Perhaps that's why they're in the plant in the first place?

The entourage effect. It's nature's way.

These days, if my produce doesn't smell like a delicious desert that I want to eat right now, I don't want to have the product on my shelf. It's all about the terps.....20% THC, 30%.....32.5%.....I've got everything from 20 to 32.5 in my garden and I really don't care if it's 20 or 30 on the THC.....I want the terps!

I've never tried Marinol, which is pure THC. REports from people who have say they feel like crap. The terps are necessary for humans to enjoy cannabis. Perhaps that's why they're in the plant in the first place?

The entourage effect. It's nature's way.

These days, if my produce doesn't smell like a delicious desert that I want to eat right now, I don't want to have the product on my shelf. It's all about the terps.....20% THC, 30%.....32.5%.....I've got everything from 20 to 32.5 in my garden and I really don't care if it's 20 or 30 on the THC.....I want the terps!

Absolutely Doc! With all the dispensaries in Ann Arbor and the progressive MMJ people here you think they would be educating people on the importance of terpenes. 99% of the bud tenders have no clue about terps but they can sure point you to the 31% garlic cookies that taste like crap. I think selecting for thc content alone is going to cause us to lose some very special strains. Give me a great tasting strain with moderate thc and I will enjoy it much more, so what if I have to take a couple extra hits....I like the taste of those extra hits. The more complex the terpene profile is the more interesting the buzz too.

I wonder why there's so little attention paid to the kind of high it is. :hmmmm:

I see the cannabinoid breakdowns but they rarely seem to be related to a qualitative "high". I keep looking for a distinctive marker, but it's usually the same primary THC/CBD %s, without much else to point to.

So, it's strong or not, and it has a great aroma or not, but what's the high like? :hmmmm: You would think there'd be something in test results to point to. Maybe it's something subtle in the terps and their ratios.

I wonder why there's so little attention paid to the kind of high it is. :hmmmm:

I see the cannabinoid breakdowns but they rarely seem to be related to a qualitative "high". I keep looking for a distinctive marker, but it's usually the same primary THC/CBD %s, without much else to point to.

So, it's strong or not, and it has a great aroma or not, but what's the high like? :hmmmm: You would think there'd be something in test results to point to. Maybe it's something subtle in the terps and their ratios.

:thumb: agreed.. the high IMO is determined by the terps; the ratios of different terpenes..:)

I'm with GT, I built a spreadsheet for all test results, potency and terps. When we find a strain we really like or don't or one good for a certain ailment I try to isolate what is different about it. I'm starting to see patterns develop now I've got over 25 test results. For example, 707 truthband is a very lemony tasting strain with an uplifting high...a great mood enhancer. That has a completely unique terpene profile, it's high in lemonine (it's main terp). Most strains I've tested if they have limonine it's usually a minor terp and is present at .01-.08% by weight. truthband came back with .89% limonine. Tikal is another that has a high different from most other strains and it's dominate terpene is terpinoline. Terpinoline is the dominate terpene in Durban Poison which is a very tasty and popular strain. I find most strain's main terpene is Myrcene and while those are good, there is nothing special about the high for me. Others love Myrcene dominate strains...to each their own.

Thanks Neiko for keeping an eye open. I haven't done any research but I just don't see it pop up as people discuss strains. :hmmmm:

You would think they'd have nailed it down by now. They're gene typing fer chrisakes. Where/how do I find my high?! I know that mine has something to do with lime and light pine/fuel aromas ... :love:

Thanks Neiko for keeping an eye open. I haven't done any research but I just don't see it pop up as people discuss strains. :hmmmm:

You would think they'd have nailed it down by now. They're gene typing fer chrisakes. Where/how do I find my high?! I know that mine has something to do with lime and light pine/fuel aromas ... :love:

Oh yes I know that smell. It's why I love Durban Poison and Tikal. Have you been on green flower media? Lots of science and terp talk.

Oh yes I know that smell. It's why I love Durban Poison and Tikal. Have you been on green flower media? Lots of science and terp talk.

Just started searching there information, found this statement that I found
really interesting.

quote:
"Interestingly, it’s been shown that the cannabis plant expresses pungent, insect-repelling terpenes from its flowers and upper leaves, while the lower leaves exude bitter-tasting terpenes that put off grazing animals! This is just one way in which the cannabis plant demonstrates its remarkable adaptability."

Here is a link to the article PLEASE NOTE they explain what each Terp. is responsible for,
or at least what Science has learned over the decades

The World of Cannabis Terpenes Will Blow Your Mind.

And another Linked Article

6 Amazing Medicinal Properties of Cannabis Terpenes

All my favorite strains, I've found, have a very specific (and pronounced) terpene profile. I've only seen test results for a few of them, but opening a jar and recognizing an aroma that strikes home is one of the most important properties for me. That's part of the self-training we've all undergone when we used to get that "bag O weed" and the first thing we did was open it and smell it.

Some of my favorite strains have only tested in the mid/upper-teens for THC with only one having been tested for terpenes to date (by Neiko)

Back
Top Bottom