Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

can you make oil out of shatter or other concentrates? those using presses seem to get incredibly terped results.
i would like to try some pressed HB products..

ditto, neiko, what red dragon said :)

Shatter already is a concentrate that keeps most terps and isn't activated until you heat it, so either way decarbing is going to lose the terps. Doing dabs is comparable to doing oil as far as the amount of cannabinoids you take in and in some cases even more potent. When you dab you release the terpenes into the smoke (resulting in great flavors) and activate the cannabinoids.

The effects sound a lot like the lambs breath and the wife loves that stuff.

I was exploring the Phylos Galaxy a couple days ago and was startled to find that Lambsbread is genetically related to Blue Dream ... interesting ... :hmmmm: ... also an immediate family member to LA Confidential of all things ... :hmmmm:

Of course, that's from just one sample from a Mendocino collective. There are a couple other samples, but they look highly polluted.

Genotype Results - 160921-X9-11

I was exploring the Phylos Galaxy a couple days ago and was startled to find that Lambsbread is genetically related to Blue Dream ... interesting ... :hmmmm: ... also an immediate family member to LA Confidential of all things ... :hmmmm:

Of course, that's from just one sample from a Mendocino collective. There are a couple other samples, but they look highly polluted.

I got to try some Blue Dream in Negril @TONY Montoya's
I never tried the strain b4, it was 1 of the above average weeds there. I have several seeds but they were not separated from a few seeds from other unknown strains.

I have some Lambsbread from Negril and some seeds of various vendors in Ocho

That's a great site, thanks for that! I'm not sure how true lambs breath/bread could be related to blue dream considering it is supposed to be a landrace. I suppose lambs breath is very rare in its true form but the seeds we brought back came from the weed we smoked and the wife really liked it, so whatever it is I can't wait to try it from kit soil.

Shatter already is a concentrate that keeps most terps and isn't activated until you heat it, so either way decarbing is going to lose the terps. Doing dabs is comparable to doing oil as far as the amount of cannabinoids you take in and in some cases even more potent. When you dab you release the terpenes into the smoke (resulting in great flavors) and activate the cannabinoids.

Terp talk... I betcha Bubble Hash retains 100% of the Terps,...as the gland heads are unbroken , so if sealed after drying these would remain mostly intact,...correct?

BH...:yummy:

Terp talk... I betcha Bubble Hash retains 100% of the Terps,...as the gland heads are unbroken , so if sealed after drying these would remain mostly intact,...correct?

BH...:yummy:

Yes that would be correct. You aren't activating it until you smoke it. It would be the same as shatter. I have made oil without decarbing just to smoke and it retains the terps too. For treating disease/cancer with oil, it needs to be activated 1st. You really couldn't smoke the amount you would need to treat cancer, so it is decarbed and put into capsules or suppositories or tacking to the gums. All the tasty concentrates are not decarbed until smoked or vaped that's where the difference lies.

Yes that would be correct. You aren't activating it until you smoke it. It would be the same as shatter. I have made oil without decarbing just to smoke and it retains the terps too. For treating disease/cancer with oil, it needs to be activated 1st. You really couldn't smoke the amount you would need to treat cancer, so it is decarbed and put into capsules or suppositories or tacking to the gums. All the tasty concentrates are not decarbed until smoked or vaped that's where the difference lies.

Thanks for this Neiko!...:Namaste:

Original Lamsbread was a pure sativa that was an African transplant, it's a rare strain now as rastas have been catching up on Dutch genetics for a while, and indeed there's a skunk in this sample like in almost every strain there is :lot-o-toke: The samples sequenced by Phylos come from different sources that claim the name before these are analysed, so a lot of this stuff has nothing to do with the name really. Also Phylos shows this genotype is quite common.

Hi folks by the way :ciao:

Original Lamsbread was a pure sativa that was an African transplant, it's a rare strain now as rastas have been catching up on Dutch genetics for a while, and indeed there's a skunk in this sample like in almost every strain there is :lot-o-toke: The samples sequenced by Phylos come from different sources that claim the name before these are analysed, so a lot of this stuff has nothing to do with the name really. Also Phylos shows this genotype is quite common.

Hi folks by the way :ciao:

Yeah, it sure looks like Lambsbread is gone. :straightface:

I had forgotten the African history though - very interesting. :hmmmm: It shouldn't be that hard to find the geographic area that the Jamaicans came from ...

I read through the three samples that Phylos has, and the other two are simply absurd. Although there were some Colombian genetics, which would make some sense.

[Edit] Some Jamaican history ...

From Wiki ... Afro-Jamaican - Wikipedia

According to phoenix ship records, enslaved Africans mostly came from the Akan people followed by Fon, Yoruba, Efik, Bantu, Igbo people and Moko people. Akan(then called Coromantee) culture was the dominant African culture in Jamaica.[2]

Originally in earlier British colonization, however the island before the 1750s was in fact mainly Akan imported. But due to frequent rebellions from the then known "Coromantee" that often joined the slave rebellion group known as the Maroons, other groups were sent to Jamaica. The Akan population was still maintained because they were the preference of British planters in Jamaica because they were "better workers", according to these Planters. According to the Slave Voyages Archives, though the Igbo had the highest importation numbers, they were only imported to Montego Bay and St. Ann's bay ports, while the Gold Coast(mainly Akan) were more dispersed across the island and were a majority imported to 7 of 14 of the island's ports(each parish has one port).[3]

The Akan /əˈkæn/ are a meta-ethnicity predominantly speaking Central Tano languages and residing in the southern regions of the former Gold Coast region in what is today the nation of Ghana. Akans also make-up the majority of the populace in the Ivory Coast.

The Igbo people, also erroneously known as the "Ibo people" (because certain Europeans had difficulty making the /ɡ͡b/ sound),[4] are an indigenous linguistic and cultural people of southern Nigeria.

That's a great site, thanks for that! I'm not sure how true lambs breath/bread could be related to blue dream considering it is supposed to be a landrace. I suppose lambs breath is very rare in its true form but the seeds we brought back came from the weed we smoked and the wife really liked it, so whatever it is I can't wait to try it from kit soil.

Blue dream is supposed to be blueberry crossed with Haze, which has Mexican and Columbian in it which I'm sure are related to lambsbread as they are geographically close to one another.

I found your journal obviously, subbing up.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

Too many sativas! Lol
How's that sour strawberry taste bro?

I love the sativas! The sour strawberry tasted like a fruit salad. I really like it but it makes the wife a little agitated. She tried it a few times and never really liked it so it got gifted and the rest turned into butter and pain cream. The clone was a mess, branches on top of branches, nodes on top of nodes, I couldn't keep it cleaned up enough to really grow right so I killed it. I may try it again at some point. C*rso has it if I want it back.

Back
Top Bottom