New City Grower 1.0

Re: New City Grower

i am indeed my friend, looks good to me, the dome is nice and steamed up so humidity is very high around 100% so looks good, the smaller dome really works well, having them to big just lets to much air circulate and it dont keep humidity high,

just remember you dont need to water the soil, the roots need to grow so they can find the water, so as long as the soil is slightly moist when you plant the clone then you wont need to water it again until its rooted, it can cause the stem to rot if you keep watering the soil, so just spray the plant once a day or twice a day if its not steaming up as much, but if its steaming up as much as that then id just spray it once a day, try not to let the temps get to high inside the dome so keep it away from hid lighting or if it is under hid then have it towards the edge of the room, it just needs enough light to root, i use 20-4 schedule to root clones with as the dark period should encourage root growth more but i also clone under 24-0 then drop to 20-4 when the roots have grown so it should work with either schedule,

but looks good to me, just take the dome off once or twice a day to let the plant breath, just for like 1min tops then put it back on or undo the lid for a couple of minutes then put the lid back on, as long as humidity is high the clone wont die and it will root, once its rooted it will then reveg and you will have a very nice monster cropped plant, my monster cropped plant i took a couple of pics of and put it in my journal so you can see the kind of growth you get, i easily threw away 60 or more cuttings as branch growth is crazy, you get leaves growing out the stems of other leaves and node spacing is very close with branches growing at all the nodes, but you will see this for yourself anyway, i always do a reveg each time i harvest.

so keep an eye on temps, take the dome off for 1min or 2 at the most each day to let some fresh air circulate, then give the plant a gentle mist with water, if the dome keeps misting up like that then dont spray the inside of the dome, if temps are cool and its not misting up as much then i spray the inside of the dome but if i clone them in the hid room then i dont need to spray inside the dome as moisture levels are high due to the higher temps,

You could warn me next time!! :rofl:

Did you use clonex or anything?
Shoot, I had just made that decision on my way home from work. Nothing; Cut it, scraped it, planted it, FORGET ABOUT IT...Let's see what happens.

DP, I gathered most of the info from you last night between Skybound's & your journal. But what's the ideal temperature F' for the clone?

Good weed to you, Reg - I just caught up. Sorry to hear about Shirley, but Laverne is lookin' good!

(I remember where you started - the thread before this one)

:thumb:

Thanks for the reps!

Just caught up. She is beautiful and you have come a long way. Thats gonna be some good smoke. Plus reps my man.

Looking good Reg...good luck

I grew a clone similar to that about a year ago...I broke a stem that was about 3 weeks into flower when I was supercropping...after it rooted I put it in the corner of the flower room. It finished as one solid bud from soil to tip...looked awesome. The smoke was amazing.

Good weed to you Reg

Just caught up. She is beautiful and you have come a long way. Thats gonna be some good smoke. Plus reps my man.
Thanxx

Good day Reg, youve gone and got me thinking again dam! Looks like Im gonna take some clones off my tutt now ive read above. So thanks for getting my grey matter working again (a bit baked at the mo).
The only way to be.

Looking good Reg...good luck

I grew a clone similar to that about a year ago...I broke a stem that was about 3 weeks into flower when I was supercropping...after it rooted I put it in the corner of the flower room. It finished as one solid bud from soil to tip...looked awesome. The smoke was amazing.

Good weed to you Reg
So you never sent it back into veg I'm assuming & if that's correct did the clone never grow any stems to clone? I'm starting to realize that if Laverne turns out to be some great smoke, cloning's the way to go; no more dudes. I'm definitely planning on re-vegging her now. Maybe it"s time to invest in a proper cloning kit & put the Ghetto Clone Dome to rest. I'm starting to see the light.

Miwa, I'm FOCUSED man!!!

The only way to be.

So you never sent it back into veg I'm assuming & if that's correct did the clone never grow any stems to clone? I'm starting to realize that if Laverne turns out to be some great smoke, cloning's the way to go; no more dudes. I'm definitely planning on re-vegging her now. Maybe it"s time to invest in a proper cloning kit & put the Ghetto Clone Dome to rest. I'm starting to see the light.

Miwa, I'm FOCUSED man!!!

Yeah I always clone 2 weeks before I put the plant into flower (had a mother the last 3 grows...gonna take a Jack Herrer mother this round too) but since the branch broke I decided to clone it just to see what would happen...I never vegged it just let it develop roots for about 10 days ....than through it in the flower room for 9 weeks ...it just developed one solid bud from the top to the bottom of the plant with about 8 fan leaves...it was small (little over a 1/2 oz dried) but it was kinda cool. I'll do the same thing next time I break a branch...I didn't want to use up space in my veg room waiting for it to 're-veg ...that's why I through it straight into flower once it was rooted

Looking sweet buddy, those buds are forming up beautifully! It will be interesting to see how things develop. I might have missed it, but do you know which strains you will be going with for your seed grow?
Might be a change of plans, at least for awhile. Cloning is free!
Reg you missed my question hommie. I made a bubble cloner that is working really well so far with non-ganga. It even got roots on a semi-hardwood :rofl::rofl: Let me know if you want to see it. :)
YES... post it here. Good thing you said something. I probably wouldn't have seen your question until I was reviewing post for references.

Funny thing about your clone is last night I had my ladys out arranging them in my box and looked them over. My Tahoe had about 10 branches down on the bottom side that looked like your clone and my thought instantly was you and I see why you had a go at it. They looked like perfect clone candidates like yours just little branches with a tinny popcorn buds starting :)

Hey Reg....here is my homemade bubbler cloner

I had a 50 site cloner with a dome but I hated cleaning it and the light got to the roots on all the unused sites....

...so I got stoned and made this out of a Tupperware container and my girlfriend's flip flops. LOL. ...
image4022.jpg
An XL ZIP-lock bag is the humidity dome :rofl:

...it works awesome!

Ummm... explain it to me in detail with pics if your not busy.:clap: & I'm not laughing. It looks pretty professional.

Hey Reg...I'd be laughing if I were you....the plugs say love pink on them...oh man my girl was pissed when she woke up :)

Well it pretty simple...I cut round pieces out of the flip flops ...cut a hole in the middle (for the stem) and cut a slice from the edge of the circle to the centre hole...I cut four holes in the lid of the tupaware container...I take my cutting and stick it in the centre hole of the plug

I cut a small hole for the hose from the air pump ran to an air stone...I put about an inch and 1/2 of water mixed with clonex in the container...the air pump is way to powerful for the small container so it sprays the nute solution on the stem of the cutting (almost like aeroponics)...I wrapped the lower part of the container with duct tape so no light reaches the roots...I put a XL ZIP-lock bag over the whole set-up to maintain humidity for the leaves (2-3 day) ....the cuttings root in 5-7 days...I slip the stem out of the cut I made from the centre hole of the plug to the edge and plant in soil

It only cost me $0 for materials....but I had go to Victoria Secret for a new pair of flip flops LOL

....cost $0

....look on my girlfriends face when her flip flops had plants growing out of them

...priceless :)

Hey Reg....here is my homemade bubbler cloner

I had a 50 site cloner with a dome but I hated cleaning it and the light got to the roots on all the unused sites....

...so I got stoned and made this out of a Tupperware container and my girlfriend's flip flops. LOL. ...
image4022.jpg
An XL ZIP-lock bag is the humidity dome :rofl:

...it works awesome!

That thing is awesome. Best recycle of old flip flops I have seen. I can just hear it now..."hey honey why do these look so familiar?":rofl:

Ok so here is what I did:

Bucket
Air Pump
Tubing
Air Stones
Rooting Hormone
Netpots (cut bottoms off, the net blocks water drops)
Neoprene Pucks

8282013_052.jpg
8292013_008.jpg
8282013_054.jpg
912013_027.jpg

That thing is awesome. Best recycle of old flip flops I have seen. I can just hear it now..."hey honey why do these look so familiar?":rofl:

Ok so here is what I did:

Bucket
Air Pump
Tubing
Air Stones
Rooting Hormone
Netpots (cut bottoms off, the net blocks water drops)
Neoprene Pucks

Very nice work RainStacks:thumb:

Hey Reg, my god another thread with some heavy hitters on board. Great topics and tips Im lovin learning on here. Oh and wow for everyone out their interested in cloning on a budget that home made bubbler is the dogs danglies. Rainstacks + reps, its like a wave of realization spreading through us newer members its seems. Cloning is the future, crossing your own strains is the destination!

Hey Reg...I'd be laughing if I were you....the plugs say love pink on them...oh man my girl was pissed when she woke up :)

It only cost me $0 for materials....but I had go to Victoria Secret for a new pair of flip flops LOL

....cost $0

....look on my girlfriends face when her flip flops had plants growing out of them

...priceless :)
Now I'm laughing:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom