New City Grower 2.0

I use a doom for germinating and clones but never after transplant. I don't clone using hydro. I use root riots in a doom. When I see roots coming out of the plug I transplant. Once transplanted it's time to start hardening them off. this is just how I do it. There are many trains of thought on the right way. Happy Shatterday BAR
I actually use a 5 gal cloner now. Still trying to figure out how to configure a ventable dome for it.

I actually use a 5 gal cloner now. Still trying to figure out how to configure a ventable dome for it.

Cajun here's something that is made for it.

Plant_Dome_500.jpg

High BAR:byebye:

I'll offer my 2 cents worth;

Trim your leaves in half, this lets your plants

work on putting out more to root production than to

leaf production.

I cut soda bottles in half and use the top half without

the cap, this allows the dome to breathe while holding

some humidity in, plus they fit nicely inside a solo cup.

I keep mine in the moist side, I don't let the top of the

soil dry out.

My last batch, I cloned two with four sets of leaves and

started feeding 1/4 strength nutes as soon as they

showing new growth

I also keep them out of direct sunlight except for some

late afternoon and evening sun

I was about to join your Dead Clone

Society when I started experimenting a little, using what I

have garnered from this site and some of my own ideas.

Hang in there! It looks like you might make this time

Best of luck to you Buddy :ciao:

I'm not a complete Idiot

some parts are missing

Cajun here's something that is made for it.

Plant_Dome_500.jpg
Whoa. Ask & ye shall receive. Thanx Bill. My problem solving account w/ ya is getting full. I'm going to find something to help you with someday!
Thanx again.

High BAR :byebye:

I'll put in my 2 cents worth;

You need to clip your leaves in half, this

forces the plant into root production, rather than

leaf production.

I keep my soil moist, I don't let the top dry out

it doesn't take much water so don't over do it.

For a dome I cut the bottom 1/3 off a 20 oz soda bottle

and use the top half sans the lid. This lets the dome breathe

while keeping humidity in. I removed the dome for a couple of

hours daily, then left it off after a week. Plus they fit nicely inside

a small Solo cup.

I've kept mine out of direct sunlight except for some late afternoon

and evening sun. They will go inside next week, under some CFL.

I started two clones with four full sets of leaves and a top this last try

I started light 1/4 nute feed when they started showing new growth, I

treated two smaller clones in the same way and all are going great guns.

I was about ready to ask you for a Dead Clone Society card before I finally

acquired results.

It looks as though you might have made it this time, just clip those leaves

Hang in there Buddy :ciao:

Sorry for the double post, the first one disappeared on me

I'm not a complete Idiot

some parts are missing.

Hold the press!!!

This was this morning...

IMG_20140828_4_.jpg

This is what I came home to...

IMG_20140828_6_.jpg

What did I do wrong?

I believe that you transplanted your clones prematurely and you should have allowed them to build a larger root mass before you transplant. When I transplant I water my soiless mixture until I just see runoff water.

Yeah, I asked a few days ago for him to check in. I am not very worried because this IS Labor Day weekend and in NY, they get out of there, but still. Not one word?

I hope all is well...

:reading420magazine:Yea not a word :popcorn:

Reggie, everything okay, buddy!? Have not seen much of you lately...just here and there.

:love:
I know it is Tues now and you should be at work and you always pay attention to us when you are at work so let us know you are still in one piece please......:circle-of-love:
Hello everyone, all is good. It's just been busy at work & was partying hardy over the Holiday weekend.
Thanks for the dome info and thanks Reg for going through the process and letting me learn from your experiences! :)

Oh and Donpaul got dissolutioned and just packed up one day. I used to talk with him off site regular. He seemed a little fed up seeing others with less experience getting sponsored etc (myself included)
Ill actually shoot him another email to see if I can get any news of him. He was a huge influence on me and a source of encyclopedic knowledge on our precious plant!
Yeap. Dp was also my mentor in re-vegging & now it's like 2nd nature to me.

Reg, use my 2 liter coke bottle hempys. It's easy, fast & puts out big. You can always change it up after a few if you choose to. I've shown 3 others who couldn't clone cuttings & they're getting 100% now.
I'll pm ya, you can decide. A "no" won't hurt my feelings either. Lol.
I'll be looking into it Cajun. I can never have too much info on cloning.

I'm so sorry Broke Ass... :sorry:... Hopefully you have put the dome on there now and make sure they get some air a couple of times a day and hopefully they will come back and even if they don't at least you know how to get it to that stage now
Thanxx a lot Lady Dee and yes, the dome is now over the one out of the two that's still alive.

BAR now that just sucks. :bitingnails: Looking at your babies to me it's planted a little to deep and did you really soak the soil after planting. Watering heavy the first time is to me a necessity to make sure the new roots have contact with the soil. there's a good chance they will make it. :volcano-smiley:
Thanxx Bill...

:bump: Dont worry about the clones mate they should pick up in a day or two as they adapt there roots for the soil from water all my clones droop in transition just keep them on the same windowsill untill they perk back up :passitleft: all the talk of humdity domes make me nervous ive tried using them and failed miserably :rofl: I think if you put them into vermiculite when roots first begin too show and place that on a saucer of water it would help save any stunting and promote vigorous root developement I just rooted straight in soaked vermiculite this time (2of which the clones where weak as it parts removed struggling for light) and there the best yet :roorrip:

:bong:
Can you explain this "cloning in vermiculite alone" method in detail Scotty?
Do you put them in the soaked vermiculite right after cutting, how deep, in what size & type of container, etc... etc...

I'm not a complete Idiot

some parts are missing
We're all missing a few Blue...

:popcorn:

Did I miss anything? :biglaugh:

Hi Reg :ciao:
I'll be doing a little updating this week Spimpster...

Reggie, everything okay, buddy!? Have not seen much of you lately...just here and there.

:love:
I know it is Tues now and you should be at work and you always pay attention to us when you are at work so let us know you are still in one piece please......:circle-of-love:
Hello everyone, all is good. It's just been busy at work & was partying hardy over the Holiday weekend.
Thanks for the dome info and thanks Reg for going through the process and letting me learn from your experiences! :)

Oh and Donpaul got dissolutioned and just packed up one day. I used to talk with him off site regular. He seemed a little fed up seeing others with less experience getting sponsored etc (myself included)
Ill actually shoot him another email to see if I can get any news of him. He was a huge influence on me and a source of encyclopedic knowledge on our precious plant!
Yeap. Dp was also my mentor in re-vegging & now it's like 2nd nature to me.

Reg, use my 2 liter coke bottle hempys. It's easy, fast & puts out big. You can always change it up after a few if you choose to. I've shown 3 others who couldn't clone cuttings & they're getting 100% now.
I'll pm ya, you can decide. A "no" won't hurt my feelings either. Lol.
I'll be looking into it Cajun. I can never have too much info on cloning.

I'm so sorry Broke Ass... :sorry:... Hopefully you have put the dome on there now and make sure they get some air a couple of times a day and hopefully they will come back and even if they don't at least you know how to get it to that stage now
Thanxx a lot Lady Dee and yes, the dome is now over the one out of the two that's still alive.

BAR now that just sucks. :bitingnails: Looking at your babies to me it's planted a little to deep and did you really soak the soil after planting. Watering heavy the first time is to me a necessity to make sure the new roots have contact with the soil. there's a good chance they will make it. :volcano-smiley:
Thanxx Bill...

:bump: Dont worry about the clones mate they should pick up in a day or two as they adapt there roots for the soil from water all my clones droop in transition just keep them on the same windowsill untill they perk back up :passitleft: all the talk of humdity domes make me nervous ive tried using them and failed miserably :rofl: I think if you put them into vermiculite when roots first begin too show and place that on a saucer of water it would help save any stunting and promote vigorous root developement I just rooted straight in soaked vermiculite this time (2of which the clones where weak as it parts removed struggling for light) and there the best yet :roorrip:

:bong:
Can you explain this "cloning in vermiculite alone" method in detail Scotty?
Do you put them in the soaked vermiculite right after cutting, how deep, in what size & type of container, etc... etc...

I'm not a complete Idiot

some parts are missing
We're all missing a few Blue...

:popcorn:

Did I miss anything? :biglaugh:

Hi Reg :ciao:
I'll be doing a little updating this week da T & Spimpster ...

Back
Top Bottom