New City Grower 5.O - The Paper Chase

What's this? you visit your own thread like I do mine :cheesygrinsmiley:...

Thank you all for the Xmas & New Year wishes.

We all get to watch the NYC celebration so ... cheers to ya, BAR! :bongrip:

Hey, is the magic tree still producing? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yes indeed Gray, we got about 16 plants from it between Spring and Summer last year. I think 5 ended up dudes, one was an auto, and the rest were Street Girls. 4 turned out to be amazing smoke while the rest were average (your run of the mill corner boy weed). For those of you new to the NCG Series The Magic Tree is a tree in front of my building that blesses us with seedlings every spring; in fact it was a plant found under that very tree that started me growing and finding 420mag to learn how.

What's this? you visit your own thread like I do mine :cheesygrinsmiley:...
Tell me about it Gray, there's just not enough hours in the days anymore. I guess keeping busy is better than being bored.

Now for the 1st update of 2017...

It seems FoxFarm and I don't agree, ended up with the same results I get from FF nutes in soil; TOO HOT!

Fifi on the other hand performs miracles with FF but they never did agree with me.

IMG_00022842.jpg

IMG_00022844.jpg

IMG_00022845.jpg

IMG_00022853.jpg

Also a little weirdness was going on; Those Afghan Kush seeds that I harvested myself went auto. They're from a feminized Afghan Kush plant that was hit by an unknown hermie plant in the bloom tent about a year and 1/2 ago. Until now they've all been females. There may have been 3 or 4 that sprouted a few pre-flowers (pistils) in early Veg but reverted back to vegging. This one and an Afghan Kush I have in soil are the first ones to be all out Autos.

Here's a look at the one in soil...

The white spots are residue from Snow Storm Ultra
IMG_00022861.jpg

Now by no means is this project over! We'll start again with some bagseed (as not to waste anything worth while) and using Growology nutes. I'm partial to Growology in soil so let's see how it does in paper.
Until the bagseeds sprout I'll keep watering these with plain low PH to rid the pot of the FF nutes.

Geez Reg, that's one sad-looking plant. See if you can learn D's secret. That just tugged hard at the heartstrings. :straightface:

Interesting turn of events on the seeds. Last, but not least, glad we are to hear the tree still produces. There was concern when it got fenced in that this avenue of freebies would close.

Good to see you around. :hug: :love:

Mine turned out to be a male... I've only popped one of them and it grew amazingly well but she turned into a he..:straightface: Going to try another on my next run....:circle-of-love:

Hey just like the Lou Reed song then he was a she :passitleft:then she said hey Babe take a walk on the wild side:rofl:
Soz that it went that way though was you using paper Sista Dee cause im gonna have to consider swapping from brought soil in a bag ;) and Regs paper idea sounds like it could maybe on my list of best ideas:thumb:

Good morning Reg. :hug: :love: I was just walking by and noticed Jaga left the door open.

Hello Jaga. :hug: :love:

That's all I stopped for. Back to the regularly scheduled program with you. :kisstwo:

Morning B A R :hug: :love:

I posted this picture and laughed. It reminded me of you Reg. :laughtwo:

IMG_347214.JPG

I never have used FF fertilizers myself. Alot of the ingredients I've been amending anyways. Seem I end up going back to GH's lines. Kind of the industry standard. Last couple grows I used the Nova line instead of the flora lineup. I have no idea how it all PH's out anymore. Thats never been a problem for me ,, but it sure could be for you in that kind medium. Same as hydro. You might want to use a chelated salt base like the flora series.
I looked on the net for a pic of that phonebook grow. Rolled phonebook tied with wire and the root growing down between the pages. I have no idea if it survived or what. Come think about it, I might have seen that on a defunct website I use to play around with.
GL and Keepem Green

Well, if it aint Broke Ass Reg. How's it been brother? I'm glad you're getting into hydro finally. Anyways, happy to see the larger 420 family still puttin' in work journal after journal! Sorry I fell off, but I was in between spots I guess you can say. Whatup LA, Norcaliwood, Dennise, Sue, AngryBird, and many others that I'm too baked to recall... sawwwy:drool:

So, I gotta ask ya B A R, how did you get the idea to use paper? I also want to ask if you tried any balled up pieces, or was it just shreds?

Anyways, ahppy to see ya doing what makes us all happy!

Geez Reg, that's one sad-looking plant. See if you can learn D's secret. That just tugged hard at the heartstrings. :straightface:

You're so on point Sue; going over some of the convo between Fifi & King John C has us more in tune with FoxFarm nutes now. It'll all be explained in this post.

Soz that it went that way though was you using paper Sista Dee cause im gonna have to consider swapping from brought soil in a bag ;) and Regs paper idea sounds like it could maybe on my list of best ideas:thumb:
Don't get too hasty Jaga, let's see how this one works out first.

I'm still using the PJ soil Jaga...:circle-of-love:

PJ soz im lost but im going to guess PJ has his own :( im a dumb ass with the many mediums :) thanks though :) I think yer man is doing some great stuff for the USA ;)

PJ's Organic Soil Mix.

Base
1/4 part - Peat Moss
1/4 part - LI Grower's Mix
1/4 part - Vermiculite
1/4 part - Perlite

Additives
1/2 dozen - Crushed & baked eggshells mixed with crushed dead cannabis leaves
1 cup - Yum Yum
3 Tablesp - Growology Step 1
2 Tablesp - Extreme Mykos
1 Tablesp - Bone Meal

Bat Guanu was added after 3wks of cooking.

Now Jaga, this was PJ's version for me. He helps by developing the best soil mix for each member with what you have on hand if you have enough active ingredients. PJ does this free-of-charge as a service to 420mag. I still consider it one of the best mediums I've grown in.
As of late we've been having great results with uncharged recycled soil and only starting nutes 1/4 way through veg. You'll get a peek in the Bonus Round of this post.

Sorry to say,,,, that isn't plant of the month.... Doesn't mean it can't be....... Keepem Green
:amen:

BAR and all who remember....!!!!! Donpaul dropped back into 420 today! So please all jump at him via PM to try and get him back here!
Ah SHUCKS!!! DP's graced us... Where do I find him?

If it isn't my personal Guardian Angel! Now I know this grow's going to work out.

Bring on the bag hoes.. Oppps I mean girls growing in a shredded bags. Keepem Green
They comin, They comin... Woody!

I never have used FF fertilizers myself. Alot of the ingredients I've been amending anyways. Seem I end up going back to GH's lines. Kind of the industry standard. Last couple grows I used the Nova line instead of the flora lineup. I have no idea how it all PH's out anymore. Thats never been a problem for me ,, but it sure could be for you in that kind medium. Same as hydro. You might want to use a chelated salt base like the flora series.
I looked on the net for a pic of that phonebook grow. Rolled phonebook tied with wire and the root growing down between the pages. I have no idea if it survived or what. Come think about it, I might have seen that on a defunct website I use to play around with.
GL and Keepem Green
Sounds interesting.

Well, if it aint Broke Ass Reg. How's it been brother? I'm glad you're getting into hydro finally. Anyways, happy to see the larger 420 family still puttin' in work journal after journal! Sorry I fell off, but I was in between spots I guess you can say. Whatup LA, Norcaliwood, Dennise, Sue, AngryBird, and many others that I'm too baked to recall... sawwwy:drool:

So, I gotta ask ya B A R, how did you get the idea to use paper? I also want to ask if you tried any balled up pieces, or was it just shreds?

Anyways, ahppy to see ya doing what makes us all happy!

Sky :high-five: BAR

It wasn't my idea Sky, it was my helper's; and yeah, we only used shreds.

OK, so after a couple of weeks of watering with plain 6.0 PHed water the smaller of the two came back to life but the tall one was too far gone.

IMG_00022867.jpg

IMG_00022873.jpg

Of course I took the lonely homely looking bud, dried and smoked it.

IMG_00022880.jpg

Wasn't bad...

The short one recovered; as you know damaged leafs never recover but the new growth is healthy.

IMG_00022897.jpg

IMG_00022899.jpg

After pulling the tall one and tossing a palm full of bagseeds into a Rockwool cube (about a week later) we planted them into the same pot.

IMG_00022887.jpg

IMG_00022889.jpg

IMG_00022890.jpg

IMG_00022907.jpg

Since then we've only added FF Grow Big once at half dosage. After reviewing some of the walk-through between Fifi & KJC we're going to somewhat follow the same regiment they did in soil but lowering the PH to 6. Here's how things look today...

IMG_00022915.jpg

IMG_00022927.jpg

And now for the bonus round...

The Bloom Tent

IMG_20170130_1821421.jpg

Haha B A R I feel you on the fk it if it doesn't want to survive let's smoke that shit :) I was actually wondering the other day what people do with their popcorn buds. I harvested that RQS Critical not so long ago and she had some seriously tiny buds, like a joints worth of black/resin size if you know what I mean, as I had no intention of piddling about with the cheapo bubble bags that I bought (a couple of joints worth for a fiver's worth of ice and an hour of labour too much for the likes of this lazy gardener) I decided I'd leave them to dry and cure in their own jar. Damn! They hit harder than a lot of the stuff I have been growing, even my mates can't believe it, one refused to even partake until he saw the puffy eyes going round. We've been calling them bud bombs as they really do work, and they're pretty solid, really dense. I would probably be classed as an embarrassment pulling that out in front of the connoisseurs out there but seriously, it's that good that I wouldn't care and would offer to share. How small do the more experienced growers allow their smokeables to be?

Back
Top Bottom