Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!

Why thank kindly chenzi, and all the best to you and yours as well! With effort and a dash of good luck and rum or whatever, this can be a very nice time of year.

~ PINEAPPLE CHUNK ~ @ 90 days flowering.
( I thought I might be able to use the 'search thread' tool to find my journal main updates. Most of my updates have had this little wavy line thingy (~) in the titles. Unfortunately, I figured out today ~ doesn't work in the 420' search thread' program as it's 'too short'. Someday, someday we will invent computers that are so incredibly powerful they will be able to spot the tiny ~ symbol. When that wondrous day arrives, you will be able to search for the main points in my journal. That is, after you've read nearly the whole thing to get to this post for the instructions.

I harvested the Mama Thai and the PC.
It's a wonderful thing to be able to bring a plant into the outside world after it has been under artificial lighting for 5 or 6 months. I can finally see the true colours. I was pretty entranced by the Pineapple Chunk. Here is a series of pics, a sort of camera zoom out from a bud near the middle.

image35657.jpg

image35658.jpg

image35660.jpg

image35663.jpg

image35664.jpg

image35665.jpg

image35666.jpg

The Bed Of Green idea worked out great for the PC. It looks like yield was quite a lot higher this way, and with some more fans going, the mold could maybe be kept away completely. The amazing colours might be from the fact that I've been reducing the lights-on time. I'm down to 11:30/12:30 now so far.

Based on the amazing 'Zing' of the quick dried sample I smoked a couple nights ago, I harvested the MT as well. The last time I harvested some of these plants, I left it to flower a couple weeks longer than I did this time. While this harvest tonight was a bit less gooey and super-ripe, it was much easier to trim, as the bud was quite crisp compared to the over-aged version.
I hit the harvest window at a good time also because some mold was starting to appear on the PC. Casualties were light fortunately though some of the bud did have to be tossed.

~ MAMA THAI~ (at 90 days flowering)

image35667.jpg

image35668.jpg

image35669.jpg

image35670.jpg

Gorgeous! I want to roll in that pile like like a dog on a carpet!

It may only be worthwhile for a gnome to roll in that bowl of dank pillowy bud.
A full grown man doing that would probably make Mr. Wheeze rather upset
:lot-o-toke:

Congrats W, it's going to be a smokey, or vapory new year for you and yours.

Vlad

Thanks guys. I'm happy with these plants. They managed to live under my care for half a year without getting fried by PH errors or nute burn. It's a bloody miracle!
I have to say that I hate it when I come home to find some fully grown man rolling in the buds again and moaning and squealing like that. I thinks it's disgusting and they should be ashamed.
Mello, it just so happens that I did weigh these two, after I did the final trim and removed branches. I don't usually do a lot of weighing. This time the MT was 410 grams and the PC was 430. So it will be around 3 and 1/2 ounces dry per plant, give or take a half ounce. I'll weigh it again when it's dry just to get a sense of how efficient the grow is looking, but really I'm just happy to see things looking pretty.

Hooray for harvest,, you got yerself a teeny bit o harvest heaven there weaseley,, great job pal,,:goodjob:

always room for reps for harvest:volcano-smiley:

Cheers pal,, enuf there to share a bit with yer room mate maybe,,,:Namaste:

Congrats on the double harvest buddy!!
:bravo:
What a great way to ring in the New Year. :high-five:

Along with the ~ search tool upgrade that you mentioned I think it would be awesome to the 10th power if a right click on a pic of tasty buds such as the pics that are gracing this page would result in a drop down menu that would include options such as "sniff test", "bong puff sample test", "send bud trade request", "send purchase request", "send a "that's friggin' awesome dude!" notification", etc..
My right click button would be working double time and you'd be swamped with notification request. :yummy:

Sweet harvest time Weaselcracker, I'm drooling over here. It's a good job that you tried one of those buds and found the zing! All hail Zing! (Off into the Flash Gordon theme tune) haha. I'll look forward to a smoke report in the future :)

Congrats on the Harvest Wheeze....2 times! :goodjob:
Beautiful flowers man. Its a celebration Ya'll!!:party::tommy::party:

Thanks so much guys. I had no idea the PC plant was so nice till I hauled it out into daylight and said 'wow!' I must say I think it's the most beautiful plant I've grown yet. I don't know how to account for the fact that it's a lot more colorful than the last times I've flowered this one. Here are my guesses in order of what I think is most likely. Or maybe it's a combo of things.

- Reducing the lights-on times towards the end of flowering, down to 11.5.
- Possible colder night temps than usual (I don't think that's the case but my min/max thermometer broke a few weeks ago)
- General good health bringing out the best in the plant- it never got nuteburned or otherwise fried. (Again I don't think so because I have grown the PC to the end in reasonably good form and it never looked this good)
- Silica(?). This is the first time I've flowered out a plant that got silica for most of it's life. (Unlikely? But I don't know much about silica)

Anyway. I don't really know why it turned out so nice but I hope to do it again someday! Gives me a lot of renewed interest in growing the Pineapple Chunk, which I was getting a bit bored with.

I'm going to harvest the Blueberry ASAP and then will close this journal sometime after that. :thumb:

Whatever you did - or didn't do - sure worked wonders.
:goodjob::bravo::welldone:
Did those magic markers that Santa brought you for Christmas contribute to those lovely colors? :grinjoint:

Squirrel guano

:rofl:

Great job Weaselcracker. Let's chalk it up to the fact that you journaled this one and magic ensued. :laughtwo: It was a lovely one. :love: one more harvest to go before the next journal. You will be transitioning to a new one, won't you? say yes...say yes...say yes

Whatever you did - or didn't do
:rofl: ha ha you're a sharp one UncleC. Yeah it's usually the stuff we don't do that our plants most thank us for. And the magic marker idea is a great one. :thumb: next time.
I'm pretty sure I know where to find squirrel guano, if I want to start excavating in my ceiling sometime. Sigh...
As for the next journal, I'll take a little break and see what develops. Probably I'll be back pretty fast for my 420 fix. Wandering the FAQ section is fun but fraught with hazards, not to mention that I don't always know what I am talking about with my helpful advice.
I'll have to think up a purpose for the next journal, if I need a purpose that is (?). And sometimes, I feel like I spend too much time on 420 and maybe I should take a break... Has anyone else here ever had that thought?

Oh yeah I managed to break my graft clean off just now when I was carelessly messing around in there tonight. I kind of tied it back on but I don't expect much. No big deal if it croaks. Next time I'll start earlier and take more time with it. ;)

WC: How about a complete how to raise sativas? You could include their idiosyncrasies, what they like, what they don't. The purpose would be educational, and I'll read every word! I know you go hydro, but the characteristics of the sativa are the same for soil, too.

Thanks Ak! I appreciate your interest as my number one sativa journal pusher. And yes I will be doing the sativas in the next journal. I've already figured on that this will be the main focus. For some reason I was trying to find a 'deeper purpose' to the journal than that... I suppose though -learning to grow good sativas is very good journal purpose right there, as they are so much less common. I have almost no expertise so will have to figure it along the way. The Mama Thai has made things easy for me. I think the Thai Stick won't. Hmmm... Getting some ideas here...
I'm somewhere in between hydro and soil I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom