Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!

Hey it's been a while I thought I'd come back on having a little time and report back on that clone I put in the test tube for 3 days. It actually stayed salvageable (for the lack of a better word) until about 4 days ago at which point it was totally wilted and I pulled it. I've never had any luck at all regenerating males (which is what it was) or any good luck regenerating these phenos but I still think a good cloner would have kept it alive.
I did a second clone from a strain that clones easily for me (Medical Seeds - 1024; luckily I took it prior to a tobacco mosaic virus infection I have with the other two plants now) and put it in the same test tube for 5 days. It looks like it's going to start growth any day now; I'll keep you posted, and sorry it took so long to get back on that. It just stayed dormant and didn't look any different the whole time up until it dried up so there wasn't really anything to say or take a pic of. :)

Hey Wheeze All, you should get that poop out of your attic, for the sake of your lungs anyway!

Happy Old Year Mr W. And enjoy the new one too.

Vlad

Hey Weaselcracker just popping on to wish you and everyone all the best and a Happy New Year.

As for your comment above regarding spending too much time on 420 I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel that I spend too much time on here not actually doing anything other than catching up to subs but not commenting as I feel like I've not been here enough if you know what I mean? It's like trying to divide myself between too many things at once and being unable to add anything worthwhile to the majority of the threads, kind of like my plants this last grow where I gave myself too much to do and everything went to shot except for the one plant I put most of my concentration into. I'll be cutting back down to 4 or 5 plants in future, and the rewards will hopefully greater. But how do I cull my subscriptions the same way when they're all full of such great info? Somehow it feels much harder to cull 420 than my own grows :)

I really hope that you do create a new journal as they're not only informative but also enjoyable and when they digress they digress in such a way that I don't actually feel like I've missed out on being able to add some form of input, and that I really like. I'll be one of the readers subscribing for that reason and more. I agree with SweetSue, say "yes" to another journal :thumb:

Kriase: My first grow, I made the mistake of popping all 10 seeds at once! Since then I have learned to go with fewer, but larger plants. Much easier to handle, plus, you actually get a real life away from the grow room. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Kriase: My first grow, I made the mistake of popping all 10 seeds at once! Since then I have learned to go with fewer, but larger plants. Much easier to handle, plus, you actually get a real life away from the grow room. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This will be my plan for the future AK, no more mass culling of my plants :)

Terminating a youngun is no fun, indeed,, i won't even go into how many youngu,,,oh, sheesh, just said I was not goin into it,, then,,:loopy::loopy::loopy:

oh boy,, goof

~BLUEBERRY~

I harvested this yesterday, with the help of the girlie, which made for very pleasant trimming company. Thanks girlie ❤️.
This Blueberry was much easier to trim than the other ones I've done. And it was an all around healthier plant. In fact, these last three plants I've harvested were all relatively easy trimming, with a nice crisp texture. Is it the silica? Girlie snapped and pulled off all the fans and most of the sugar leaf by hand, leaving minimal scissor work to do. Wet weight after final trim was 505 grams which is probably the highest yielding screen I've had yet, though many have gone unweighed.

image35693.jpg

image35694.jpg

image35695.jpg

image35699.jpg

image35696.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Love you guys! ❤️

It generally works out at 1/4 of the wet weight, give or take a bit. So I should be able to easily get 4 ounces off of this one.

I come out with 9 oz.

505 x .25 = 126g plus change
126g /14 = 9 oz

Did I do that right?

AK one ounce is 28.35 grams

OOPS! I kinda thought that was too good to be true! So about 4.5 oz. Since I never get that much in a harvest, I never deal with higher math. LOL!

My formula for estimating dry weight differs a bit weaseley,,, i go for eighty percent of the wet weight is dern moisture,,dern it,, so,, yer 500 grams of wet, in my house, would be about 100 grams dry,, three and a half ounces is a great job pal,, well done,,:cheer:

happy new year my friend :)

best of wishes for 2016 :high-five:

My formula for estimating dry weight differs a bit weaseley,,, i go for eighty percent of the wet weight is dern moisture,,dern it,, so,, yer 500 grams of wet, in my house, would be about 100 grams dry,, three and a half ounces is a great job pal,, well done,,:cheer:

I get quite a lot of variety depending on...?...hmmm...maybe how dry the plant is at harvest time maybe?
I took the Mama Thai off the drying rack today as it seems to be well dried. It weighs 119 grams now, down from 410, so it is close to 30% of the original weight. About 1/4 of the buds are seeded, in varying amounts. I may post the dried weights of the other two harvests as well, just for the heck of it.
Any luck with your pollination attempts?

Mr Roach! Good to hear from you. Happy New Years! Have been thinking of you often. Hope all is well.

I have been busy with some (non-cannabis) projects, recently had a mite infestation and learned how to make a soap to control them. Recently a friend gave me some seeds from a very good bud we smoked (He also gave me two feminized seeds of sweet Afghani delicious, by a Spanish bank.) and Im planning on starting a journal.
Did you stay awake for new year?

Happy New Year Weasel and congrats on the grafting & the harvest.

Back
Top Bottom