One Man & His Bush

Lol.. where'd that come from Jacki .☝️️ nice enough plant.. always get one or two random photo drops in threads, the temptations to share ones grows is overpowering .
What do you do for mold control mono? Any preventatives secrets when growing monsters?

Sorry I missed ya with the multi-quoting :)

Mold, Mold, Mold... My biggest darn enemy... It's a constant battle to keep mold at bay in the tent, so it's a case of keeping everything as clean as possible, almost sterile.

Good ventilation 24/7. Keeping night time temps above 22C as mold grows best in cooler, damp conditions. Believe it or not, 20C is classed as cold when it comes to growing mold.

I defol regularly during the flowering cycle, try and keep the leaves from over lapping, and the buds from touching. Even as hard as I try, I loose buds to mould every two or three grows, might be something to do with the cold, damp scottish climate haha

Some pics under the HPS tonight.

:thumb:

IMG_414813.JPG
IMG_415111.JPG
IMG_415216.JPG

Sorry I missed ya with the multi-quoting :)

Mold, Mold, Mold... My biggest darn enemy... It's a constant battle to keep mold at bay in the tent, so it's a case of keeping everything as clean as possible, almost sterile.

Good ventilation 24/7. Keeping night time temps above 22C as mold grows best in cooler, damp conditions. Believe it or not, 20C is classed as cold when it comes to growing mold.

I defol regularly during the flowering cycle, try and keep the leaves from over lapping, and the buds from touching. Even as hard as I try, I loose buds to mould every two or three grows, might be something to do with the cold, damp scottish climate haha

The more and more first hand cases of mold I hear of all seem to come from the UK area.. I dread it, but haven't had issues with it of yet in the dry Aussie climate I live in. Touch wood! I've defoled during flower but stopped recently unless necessary, reading threads about how defol caused wounds and wounds led to infections & mold if they didn't repair quick enough. In saying that, I make plants 800g smaller than you and don't have to worry about such density ..
Praying here for you that you don't encounter problems again ..

Wat nutes u use mono im using gh grow n bloom i kno it ant the best but didnt want to use sum i didnt kno ya kno

I use canna coco nutrients, don't think they are the best out there, nor the worst. But they have served me well over the years, and they are relatively cheap online :)

The more and more first hand cases of mold I hear of all seem to come from the UK area.. I dread it, but haven't had issues with it of yet in the dry Aussie climate I live in. Touch wood! I've defoled during flower but stopped recently unless necessary, reading threads about how defol caused wounds and wounds led to infections & mold if they didn't repair quick enough. In saying that, I make plants 800g smaller than you and don't have to worry about such density ..
Praying here for you that you don't encounter problems again ..

Cheers fella. I think one of the biggest issues with mold is the spores that remain even after harvest, it's almost impossible to completely eradicate them from the growing space. Defoliation is pretty safe bud, so long as you make sure you take the leaf off right at the stem, don't leave some of it to rot away, if you do it rots back into the bud and provides the best environment for mold.

damn! That tent is FULL!

My fingers are crossed that the big girl behaves for you, and gives 1000g+

Thanks matey! She's done well this time around, glad I popped her into flowering when I did and didn't leave her vegging away for the planned three weeks longer.

Very healthy man love the praying leaves.

:thanks:

Subbed : also how long did you let her veg before changing to 12/12?

Welcome aboard fella. Erm, she was taken as a clone back in March, so she was in vegetative growth for about 10 weeks I would say. (I didn't really pay attention) some of the time was spent in the cold garage, other time only under a small CFL so she probably had two months of strong vegetative growth.

How often do you water the big girl at the moment, I saw she got a drink the other day, has she had another since?

She gets a drink every day, water and nutrients @ 1/3rd strength. I aim for a litre of run off each time so at the moment it's 15 litres of water every day at lights on.

I expect it to slow down to 10 litres in the next couple of weeks .

Back
Top Bottom