Pantagruel's 1st Indoor Durban Poison

I put all those clippings in the blender and dumped the green mixture into my compost bin along with some watermelon scraps and some unused compost tea........trying to get a couple hundred gallons of compost for a outdoor extravaganza......I'm going to try and gorilla grow 100 clones threw out the woods spaced out like crazy and see if I can get like 20 pounds and then turn most of that into concentrates.......sounds crazy but it can be done, me and a kayak are going to be real close next summer lol.

I got those as well I got some Miskito dunks from wall mart and crushed one up per pot mixed it into the top inch or so of soil and watered.....it's a type of bacteria that eat the larva if I remember correctly, and for the adults I put so e apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mixed in a few drops of dawn dish detergent to break the surface tension and I still see a couple but not enough to bother or even hardly notice and as long as you keep the bowl filled it will keep working I got hundreds of dead gnats in my bowl and it feels good to look at them in there lol

:hmmmm::hmmmm:Eew. Fungus gnats.

A couple years ago I overwatered and got a problem with fungus gnats...I tried a few different things...what worked the best by far is just letting the soil really dry out...I thought of it like this...fungus gnats like roots and moist soil...in nature sometimes it doesn't rain for weeks...something is eating my plants roots...so I let them dry out till I didn't notice the gnats...plants were fine...I haven't had a problem since

Good luck

Thanks Stealth! Hey Jay, how long can you let them go for? I am waiting 4 days but my moisture meter still reads pretty high at the bottom of the pots. Maybe I'll wait a week.

Beta, 5 weeks. Treated the soil with garlic water this morning. The gnat problem doesn't look too severe at this moment. :peace:

BetaSep14A.png

Not sure if anyone has told you so far or not, but for gnats an inch of perlite in the base of the pot and a couple inches on the top will stop them. They have a 28 day life cycle, so after 4 - 6 weeks they will be gone.

However, once you have had them, they will keep coming back, so just use the perlite on top of each pot from then on and all will be sweet.

Nice info post on perlite layering Mono +reps. I ended up using a barrier method when I got thrips in last grow. I couldnt get any spinosad or whatever its called so used a cheap spray I found and then used it on my plant. Then as a barrier i used some paper towels soaked in it and made sure it covered the soil completely. Sorted the little buggers out.

Still looking real nice though Pantgruel. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom