Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Congrats

Update510_0292.jpg

Good Night and Be Well!:hookah:

She may have been just ever so slightly potbound :)

Thanks for the congrats and kind words everyone, I am every so happy that this grow is finally coming together exactly the way I planned it, the LST and defol. work that I did earlier in veg has really paid off, and all the diligent maintenance really paid off. All the force flowers throughout the season has left me with great potent meds to see me through all these new harvests which will hopefully last me until next growing season.

Today's harvested plant, the Mystery Sativa#1 which smells exactly like potent sour apple with a hint of skunk, very astounding strain if you ask me, lots of small dense buds everywhere. She was my beauty, love and glory, my favorite plant of them all, besides the one I harvested last night, it's somewhat sad seeing these beautiful ladies go, but it had to be done!!
Update510_01048.jpg
Update510_01147.jpg
Update510_01242.jpg
Update510_01338.jpg
Update510_01437.jpg
Update510_01530.jpg

Next in line for next week is the remaining 7 foot Hong Kong OG Mother (Biggest for last), and her baby clone which I have already cut the tops off of, just letting her bottom buds grow out a bit longer for the hell of it. Oh and the trim I got today has A LOT of popcorn that I need to separate from those fan leaves, after all the harvest is done I will run extractions for each separate strain, yielding me a different medicinal concentrate per strain, notes on the curing Hong Kong OG that was harvest last week (early phenotype!) - the buds are curing very nicely and the buds smell SUPER potent and basically smell like pure black pepper spice with a hint of deep skunk.

By the end I will have 4 strains in jars:
Mystery Sativa#1 - "Sour Apple flavor"
Mystery Sativa #2 - "Cotton Candy flavor"
Mystery Sativa #3 - "Chocolatey sour winterfresh flavor" (recent force flowers)
Hong Kong OG ( Sensi Star x Sour Diesel x OG) Black pepper, very spicy/peppery flavor

Good Night all, only 2 more plants to go ;)

Lester my friend your harvest is looking really nice and plentiful, delicious as a matter of fact. Have a great Sativaday

Lester my friend your harvest is looking really nice and plentiful, delicious as a matter of fact. Have a great Sativaday
Howdy beemerbill, thanks for the kind words, I'd say trimming the plants is the hardest part of growing, I can see the fruits of my labor now! ;) Have a great Sativaday partner and hope you can get some relief from the weather youve been having, they deserve the best! :)

Extractions per strain, sounds interesting. Can't wait to see what ya have up your sleeve :blunt:

Good Morning Toke to ya CA, I'll definitely keep us updated on those extractions once I get all the bags of trim isolated / labeled. HK OG will be first to run extraction next week. Have a good Sativaday and hope you get to be with your wonderful ladies as well! Cheers!:cheer::Namaste:

It is bitter sweet chopping them isnt it? Growing them is a kind of "therapy" for me. Im glad you are set with meds for a while. How do you store it Lester?

ohhh, my mouth just started to water. :yummy:
The stuff is scary potent! Diesel fuel grade!!:yahoo:
looks sweet!!
Thank you!:thanks:
Harvest is looking superb buddy. Best of luck in the NOTM contest. I understand 100% what you said about having mixed feeling about harvesting. Your Mystery sativa #1 is a real beauty. Just know that she lived a long full life out under the sun. She was loved by all. :thumb:
Thank you for the kind words and well wishes mate! Mystery Sativa #1,2 were both my glory of love! Grow with pride my friend, grow with pride!:yummy:

It is bitter sweet chopping them isnt it? Growing them is a kind of "therapy" for me. Im glad you are set with meds for a while. How do you store it Lester?
It's a give and take situation (literally! ;)) Yes, growing them is also like a therapy, I love to watch them grow in all different stages, it is mind boggling to see the limits of their transformations become extended and extended again until harvest day, what a beautiful thing.
Thanks for the kind words, glad I've got self-grown meds of high quality that will more than do the job for me! No going to the dispensary, success!:laughtwo: I dry the flowers on my drying rack for 5-7 days in the dark until slightly crisp on the outside, and nice and firm to the squeeze, but still slightly moist on the inside so we can preserve those flavors. After they have shrunk considerably, pass the crisp 'n firm test, and I see their stems shrunk down to regular size, I'll put the nugs into clean/dry glass jars (the flip top kind with a latch), from there I will let the buds cure in the dark on a piece of granite which keeps the jars nice and cool. For the first few days of being in the jars I will remove all of the nugs from the jar to let them breathe for a few minutes, and re-achieve equilibrium. Following that period, I will simply burp the jars for about 10 minutes, twice per day until about the 5th-6th day of cure is up, after that they can be stored for a longer period of time un-checked, with minimal worries about molding. As long as we can dry them slowly, we can get those flavors to become even more pronounced ;)

Nice harvest LES, and only two to go wish I could say that, OG
Thank you OG! I'm glad trimming is over with (for now!!), that is always somewhat of a nightmare experience sitting there for hours and hours and hours on end, just have to give them rough n dirty trims, no way to manicuring them to their fullest on actual harvest day. Seems like everything is starting to come together for everyone! Cheers to a synchronized bloom for all of us growing such a wonderfully medicinal herb!

PS Don't forget to put in your votes into this month's contests! Lots of incredible entries to view!
Happy Skunkday to All!
:yummy::hookah:

Back
Top Bottom