Sauga's Got Amnesia But Didn't Forget The Red Dragon

I haven’t added to my signature for awhile.
This is what comes up.

1583716936853.png

Anybody else getting messages when updating your signature? I keep getting a message that says my sig is 9 lines too long and only nine links max allowed.

I'll be starting my last journal here so I was hoping to add it to my sig. Hopefully it's just a glitch, although if they are limiting it then it may not be such a bad thing.
Based of the message you got, MrS, it sounds as if they do intend to limit the number of links. (Otherwise they wouldn't have coded in this message.) But, I think something might be amiss because you don't have 9 links in your signature. Maybe what they are doing is a work in progress and its not quite right yet.

But, I think something might be amiss because you don't have 9 links in your signature. Maybe what they are doing is a work in progress and its not quite right yet.
I think I have 10 in mine, so when I tried to add that extra one it gave that message. The number sounds correct but if I leave the page nothing changes, so I suspect you are correct in that it's a work in progress.

5mL Protekt
1mL Calmag 1-0-0
1.5g Sweet Candy v1
6g Megacrop
I assume you are using the Protekt and Calmag to compensate for the older version of Megacrop you are using but other than that I am kind of on the same page as you.

Using more MC left me in the twilight zone where if I added less or more I seemed to have the same deficiencies so there may be something to the lockout theory with too much MC or at least my experience suggests the distinct possibility. So this time I followed the schedule and adjusted for green all through veg and now about two weeks into veg I am at 5.5 g/gal MC and .5g/gal of both BE and SC.

I am thinking the Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy may help keep my plants greenerish to the finish line. Looking at the chart below I suspect I may be getting a phosphorous deficiency late in flower so I am thinking they may help even though the additives have more Potassium than Phosphorus. I am planning on maxing out at 6 g/gal of MC and one gram of both BE and SC on this crop unless something unforeseen. :oops:
marijuana-deficiency-chart-2.jpg

Hey, that’s my version - already in the database! Since I bought mine in late summer 2018, I always considered it V1. I have doctored it with ProteKt and CALiMAGic, but have never used SC. I love the frosted fringe along your sugar leaves! :love: May have to give the SC a try.

Here’s the final elemental ppm profile for your current mix:

731A01B5-A657-4D6F-94E1-F08D3DB86E9D.jpeg

This is what comes up.

1583716936853.png
I went to change one word in my sig and I had delete the space between my links and cram everything together because this came up.

Anyone report it?

I would, they may not know that it happened
Not sure why they would limit Sig's, i mean I turn em off personally, but I'm always on my phone

So this time I followed the schedule and adjusted for green all through veg and now about two weeks into veg I am at 5.5 g/gal MC and .5g/gal of both BE and SC.
When feeding BE and SC before flower you risk locking the plant out from other nutrients, namely Ca and Mg from the excess P and K. Then the grower starts to see a Ca and/or Mg def and they increase the Calmag or MC which actually creates more uptake issues this time with P and K. I've said it before that once growers start using it at the wrong time that it's a vicious cycle that most can't get out of.
If you insist on using those products then I only say to use the BE at 1g/gallon only after the second week of flower. It's either one or the other but I wouldn't use both. Sure you can do what some other growers do... the ones that claim to know everything there is to know about MC before they even have a grow under their belt, but it never gave them any better results than those who use MC and BE at the correct time and doseage.

I am thinking the Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy may help keep my plants greenerish to the finish line.
I hate to rain on your parade Homer but neither of those products contain N. Nitrogen is what keeps the plants green.

1583788717295.png

Hey, that’s my version - already in the database!
I think Shed told me once or fifty times that we had the same version.
I bought mine in late summer 2018
:high-five: Me too! 8/4/18
I always considered it V1
:high-five: Me too!!
May have to give the SC a try.
Me too! Oh wait, I am. I have SCv1 which it doesn't look like they sell anymore. The new version has P in it now which makes no sense to me since the BE already covered that. The carbs in the SC v1 are what I liked with the benefit of the K our version lacked.
I find the biggest issues growers are having is the excess P they add to the plants. If they follow the directions and don't overfeed then they'll never overdo the P.
Here’s the final elemental ppm profile for your current mix:
:thanks:

I'd like to see how that compares to v2 of Megacrop only at 6g. Is it possible when you have some time to show that? As you see I'm at 6g of v1 and if I'm correct then I should have a juiced up version two of Megacrop.

When feeding BE and SC before flower you risk locking the plant out from other nutrients, namely Ca and Mg from the excess P and K. Then the grower starts to see a Ca and/or Mg def and they increase the Calmag or MC which actually creates more uptake issues this time with P and K. I've said it before that once growers start using it at the wrong time that it's a vicious cycle that most can't get out of.
If you insist on using those products then I only say to use the BE at 1g/gallon only after the second week of flower. It's either one or the other but I wouldn't use both. Sure you can do what some other growers do... the ones that claim to know everything there is to know about MC before they even have a grow under their belt, but it never gave them any better results than those who use MC and BE at the correct time and doseage.

I hate to rain on your parade Homer but neither of those products contain N. Nitrogen is what keeps the plants green.

1583788717295.png
There I go totally mucking things up again by not proof reading my post. Maybe I should stop posting at night when I have a head full of medication, lol. What I meant to say was, “So this time I followed the schedule and adjusted for green all through veg and now about two weeks into FLOWER I am at 5.5 g/gal MC and .5g/gal of both BE and SC.”

So yes, I do totally agree with your opinion that feeding BE and SC before flower can lock out Ca and Mg from excessive P and K which is why, which I didn’t make clear in my last post, I have only added .5g/gal BE and SC in the last feeding at 2 weeks into flower and well into stretch. Maybe that is a little early but time will tell. And yes I believe in previous grows I used too much MC alone and locked out my Ca and Mg.

And yes, surprisingly, I am aware that Nitrogen makes plants green and is not in either BE or SC and that plants need less N in flower but from the chart I have it seems to me that my problem may be a Phosphorus deficiency late in flower because I am getting the dead black areas on my lower leaves that only seems to be caused by a Phosphorus deficiency. And according to the pics below along with black areas a Phosphorus deficiency also causes leaves to yellow so as wrong as it may be that is my theory why BE and SC may keep my plants greener near the end of flower.

I was just trying to add a little levity referring to you as Mr. Popular because I find you and another grower you referenced to be amongst the most talented and knowledgeable out here and that you both agree about much more than whatever it is you are having issues with. I try not to judge others because as I read on a sign many years ago in Northern Ontario, “Let me judge no man till I walk two moons in their moccasins”. I cringe at what a dick I have been in years gone by so I am sure if I live long enough I will shudder at my behavior today. :p

marijuana-deficiency-chart-21.jpg

Maybe that is a little early but time will tell.
Since it was only .5g each you should be fine. In fact it's probably better since you're reducing the P by only using .5g of BE.
that my problem may be a Phosphorus deficiency late in flower because I am getting the dead black areas on my lower leaves that only seems to be caused by a Phosphorus deficiency.
You know your plants better than anyone Homer and if you feel it's a P def than let's work with that. I do have to keep in mind that you always feed enough MC and sometimes even on the high side but nothing extreme that I recall. I follow lots of journals of growers that use MC and I can't recall one of them ever having a P def.
So I have to look at what is causing a P def when you have lots of P going in there, even without the BE additive. If you look at the Mulder's Chart up top only three elements can cause uptake issues with P. Calcium, Magnesium and Iron. Unless you have high iron levels in your water that element we can ignore. So what are you adding that has high Ca and Mg in it? Sounds like maybe the calmag. Have you tried cutting out the calmag altogether and if so what happens?

So really I don't think the issue is a def as much as it's a lockout. Plants don't use much P during flower which is another reason why it seems strange to be a P def.
Here's a link on that...

Anyhow you should be fine with the 1/2 g each of SC and BE but next grow try and work without the calmag or use another brand that has a lower Ca and Mg content and see what happens.

Since it was only .5g each you should be fine. In fact it's probably better since you're reducing the P by only using .5g of BE.

You know your plants better than anyone Homer and if you feel it's a P def than let's work with that. I do have to keep in mind that you always feed enough MC and sometimes even on the high side but nothing extreme that I recall. I follow lots of journals of growers that use MC and I can't recall one of them ever having a P def.
So I have to look at what is causing a P def when you have lots of P going in there, even without the BE additive. If you look at the Mulder's Chart up top only three elements can cause uptake issues with P. Calcium, Magnesium and Iron. Unless you have high iron levels in your water that element we can ignore. So what are you adding that has high Ca and Mg in it? Sounds like maybe the calmag. Have you tried cutting out the calmag altogether and if so what happens?

So really I don't think the issue is a def as much as it's a lockout. Plants don't use much P during flower which is another reason why it seems strange to be a P def.
Here's a link on that...

Anyhow you should be fine with the 1/2 g each of SC and BE but next grow try and work without the calmag or use another brand that has a lower Ca and Mg content and see what happens.

My MC in previous grows has been all over the charts and I seem to get the same deficiencies whether I use a lot or a little which is why on this grow I have gone back to basics going by the Greenleaf charts and not using calmag at all. And so far my plants seem very healthy so I suspect when I was using more MC than Greenleaf suggests I was actually getting lockouts.

And I agree I have not heard of anyone having P deficiencies like I suspect I have either but I am only going by that chart I found online and who knows how accurate it is so all I can say is I suspect I have a P def so I am hoping BE and SC help.

Even with my past erratic bumbling feeding schedules, I am still getting 6 to 10 ounces per plant depending on how long they veg and strain so my situation isn’t dire instead I enjoy trying to improve my system and finding the process for getting the healthiest plants entertaining so all is good. Thanks for the input, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom