Scrubbys Rare Darkness - Rare Dankness #1 x Grape Ape

After theyre dry enough to be jarred I put them in there and besides burping, Ill open the jars for about 20 mins a day but leave the covers on top. This lets any "excess" moisture out then ill remove the cover and take a big sniff to remove any stale air and seal em back up. And taking that long drawn out smell will tell you if theres any kind of mold cuz itll make you sneeze if there is...well, if you have any kind of allergies. I dont but my GF does...no sneezing so far lmao :)

That's pretty much what I do too. After hanging for a week or so, final trim then jars...if it isn't all gone yet. LOL.

I checked a 4-month mason jar of Blue Dream last night and when I unscrewed the ring, I barely touched the lid and it popped off as if under pressure. I burped them regularly, properly dried, blah blah (I've jarred weed a few times...just saying), and there was no negative presentation (i.e. no visible mold, moisture etc,). Smells were fine...no, scratch that, smells were REALLY foine.

I just thought it odd.

:cool:

I checked a 4-month mason jar of Blue Dream last night and when I unscrewed the ring, I barely touched the lid and it popped off as if under pressure. I burped them regularly, properly dried, blah blah (I've jarred weed a few times...just saying), and there was no negative presentation (i.e. no visible mold, moisture etc,). Smells were fine...no, scratch that, smells were REALLY foine.

I just thought it odd.

gov, what was the temp in storage area?

I have looked high and low for curing practices. The best information I found explained curing very well. You basically want to stabilize the humidity before you jar them, then don't open the jar. The anaerobic bacteria eat chlorophyll. They aren't present until the oxygen is used up, every time you open the jar you have to start the process all over. I purchased the aquarium hygrometers and I put one in each jar with a Boveda pack and only open them if the humidity gets over 70% which it might the first couple weeks. I just opened a jar after 5 months (only time it's been open since humidity stabilized) and it smelled wonderful and was very smooth and tasted great.

I have looked high and low for curing practices. The best information I found explained curing very well. You basically want to stabilize the humidity before you jar them, then don't open the jar. The anaerobic bacteria eat chlorophyll. They aren't present until the oxygen is used up, every time you open the jar you have to start the process all over. I purchased the aquarium hygrometers and I put one in each jar with a Boveda pack and only open them if the humidity gets over 70% which it might the first couple weeks. I just opened a jar after 5 months (only time it's been open since humidity stabilized) and it smelled wonderful and was very smooth and tasted great.

What a bit of very cool info. Neiko....reps brotha! Who woulda thought eh. Learned something today....:yahoo:

I just thought it odd.

Mmmmmm....4 month cured blue dream!!! Sounds yummy :)

20150709_064622.jpg
20150709_064612.jpg
20150709_064600.jpg
20150709_064551.jpg
20150709_064508.jpg
20150709_064456.jpg
20150709_064443.jpg
20150709_064410.jpg
20150709_064419.jpg
20150709_064351.jpg

I know...stop posting your sorry ass plant pics Scrubby...but, c'mon now!!! POW!!! Super-reproductive mode!!! Thats what our stuff should look like after Cat drench and Brix! :)

POW! BIFF! BUD! :bravo:

I have a feeling that one by one our gardens are gonna all "click" into this deal where they look like Doc's. We are all doing excellent, but theres like "excellent plus doc mode". First seen with C*rso and Tavoso, now Scrubby's doing it.

He's actually creating Scrubby mode sheesh.

I have a feeling that one by one our gardens are gonna all "click" into this deal where they look like Doc's. We are all doing excellent, but theres like "excellent plus doc mode". First seen with C*rso and Tavoso, now Scrubby's doing it.

He's actually creating Scrubby mode sheesh.

I just followed the instructions for 3 grows and paid attention to what was happening. Now that I have a kinda "average" of what does to what, I can make adjustments that fit specifically. It wasnt hard...just pay attention :)

That little Jack Skellington looks crazy down there doesn't it?! TGA says itll only stretch x2 upon their initial observation. We'll see...I have a few tricks up my sleeve for her :)
Just you wait and see :)

Back
Top Bottom