Hi All! Long time watcher on the forum newly registered i decided to go the SIP route after many failed soil grows due to overwatering issues and pots on the floor (i believe) i hope to start a journal when my ac infinity 4x4 grow tent set up comes hopefully you guys can come along for the ride
IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg

Hi All! Long time watcher on the forum newly registered i decided to go the SIP route after many failed soil grows due to overwatering issues and pots on the floor (i believe) i hope to start a journal when my ac infinity 4x4 grow tent set up comes hopefully you guys can come along for the ride
IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
Highya Tequila Sipper!
That soil looks interesting.

Welcome to The Club, @TequilaSIPr ! I think you're going to love it here. Be sure to post a link to your new journal here so we can follow you over.

And welcome to :420:

You'll find lots of knowledgeable growers here willing to offer advice simply for the asking. It truly is a great community.

IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
Good luck welcome aboard

Welcome to The Club, @TequilaSIPr ! I think you're going to love it here. Be sure to post a link to your new journal here so we can follow you over.

And welcome to :420:

You'll find lots of knowledgeable growers here willing to offer advice simply for the asking. It truly is a great community.
Thanks ive been watching for years now the govt has finally leaned in our favor in my locality lol im waiting for my seed to pop and the 4x4 tent i wonder can i add my old vipar spectre light In the tent as well?!?

Thanks ive been watching for years now the govt has finally leaned in our favor in my locality lol im waiting for my seed to pop and the 4x4 tent i wonder can i add my old vipar spectre light In the tent as well?!?
Hi there, welcome to the 420-family! It sounds like you are still trying to figure all this stuff out and haven't completed a grow, is that correct? Need pics of the light your asking about, or the actual wattage it pulls from the wall and type of lighting (led? or bulb?). Do I understand that you're currently awaiting a tent-plus-new-light-etc-etc to show up on your doorstep? And you are asking if you can run both? Need to know what all electrical equip is on the list we're talking about, and maybe check in on where in house, garage, shed, you are planning to be growing to make sure your electrical system will handle the amount of gear you're hoping to run. Matters also to consider local temperatures, which newer indoor growers may not be aware can still be a huge factor, and this is another reason for asking about where your tent is going to be placed. Summers are getting too hot for many indoor growers nowadays, and many are just skipping the hottest three months. Environmental control is one of the indoor grower's trickiest challenges and due to the sheer number of variables that differ in each scenario, there are only so many axiomatic rules of the road we can offer. That said, there's a very 'deep bench' on this site and provided we can help you home-in on the right questions, people here will generate some excellent support, I'm sure.

Congratulations on getting serious, and on choosing to grow in a SIP. Looks like a good unit there, I would advise you, however, to get some perlite to mix into your soil. It's quite important for SIPs to have exceptional aeration throughout the matrix as they create a very wet medium. It means you'll have a bit less soil and thus a bit less nutrient avail to the plant, but if it dies of root rot from oversaturation it wont much matter how much its fed. It may, down the home stretch, later in flower, mean you'll need to add some fertilizer to get her all the way home, but if that soil does not have any perlite or lava rock or rice hulls, or even if it just has a little bit, I advise adding some. I use 30% perlite /70% soil with excellent results, and I have had failures due to root rot trying to go without.

Hi there, welcome to the 420-family! It sounds like you are still trying to figure all this stuff out and haven't completed a grow, is that correct? Need pics of the light your asking about, or the actual wattage it pulls from the wall and type of lighting (led? or bulb?). Do I understand that you're currently awaiting a tent-plus-new-light-etc-etc to show up on your doorstep? And you are asking if you can run both? Need to know what all electrical equip is on the list we're talking about, and maybe check in on where in house, garage, shed, you are planning to be growing to make sure your electrical system will handle the amount of gear you're hoping to run. Matters also to consider local temperatures, which newer indoor growers may not be aware can still be a huge factor, and this is another reason for asking about where your tent is going to be placed. Summers are getting too hot for many indoor growers nowadays, and many are just skipping the hottest three months. Environmental control is one of the indoor grower's trickiest challenges and due to the sheer number of variables that differ in each scenario, there are only so many axiomatic rules of the road we can offer. That said, there's a very 'deep bench' on this site and provided we can help you home-in on the right questions, people here will generate some excellent support, I'm sure.

Congratulations on getting serious, and on choosing to grow in a SIP. Looks like a good unit there, I would advise you, however, to get some perlite to mix into your soil. It's quite important for SIPs to have exceptional aeration throughout the matrix as they create a very wet medium. It means you'll have a bit less soil and thus a bit less nutrient avail to the plant, but if it dies of root rot from oversaturation it wont much matter how much its fed. It may, down the home stretch, later in flower, mean you'll need to add some fertilizer to get her all the way home, but if that soil does not have any perlite or lava rock or rice hulls, or even if it just has a little bit, I advise adding some. I use 30% perlite /70% soil with excellent results, and I have had failures due to root rot trying to go without.
Thanks res! I wouldnt call them successful but ive tried many times just watching the forum i had a 4x4 tent that i used the viparspextta 1200w with …the 4x4 kit thats coming is the ac infinity kit below i have plenty of perlite and the soil is supposed to be living and have amendments but ive read ppl that feed liquid nutes are having great results

IMG_9991.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

Swish setup! So its that AC Infinity environment plus that VS 1200W light? If it fits it works.

What sort of climate are you in? I’m bang in the tropics. Not far off the equator, 500 miles. Hot humid and same temps basically 24/7/365. We grow in tents semi outdoors and a room. If you’re growing in a world like that happy to give you some pointers. But loads of people in more northerly latitudes. (And further west - we’re in SE Asia) even your tent is indoors the outdoor weather plays a part. As Res says the bench is deep! Let us know.

Also I may have killed a SIP tonight so here’s hoping you don’t need my advice 😂

Nick

Swish setup! So its that AC Infinity environment plus that VS 1200W light? If it fits it works.

What sort of climate are you in? I’m bang in the tropics. Not far off the equator, 500 miles. Hot humid and same temps basically 24/7/365. We grow in tents semi outdoors and a room. If you’re growing in a world like that happy to give you some pointers. But loads of people in more northerly latitudes. (And further west - we’re in SE Asia) even your tent is indoors the outdoor weather plays a part. As Res says the bench is deep! Let us know.

Also I may have killed a SIP tonight so here’s hoping you don’t need my advice 😂

Nick
Hi nick! Im on the east coast(us) i havent got the new aci gear yet but i was hoping to use the 400w and the 1200w i wanna try to train a monster in the earthbox 4x4 gives plenty of one for one plant

Back
Top Bottom