SOLO MODELLING TIME IN NATURAL LIGHT FOR THE GIRLS

I had the girls out for Tranplant Drenches today so, while they were out of the tent, figured I'd take a few shots of each in natural light from three different angles. They're all doing great, happy & healthy! :thumb:

Orient Express #1:

Orient Express #2:

Bubba Hash #3:

Bubba Hash #2:

Bubba Hash #1:

Happy Harvests!

K

You have a higher chance of getting the Vietnam Black pheno from regular seeds. The fems are more balanced and indica leaning.
How's the stretch on the OE's? How's it compare to the BBH's (which, I'm guessing is fairly low)? :hmmmm:

How's the stretch on the OE's? How's it compare to the BBH's (which, I'm guessing is fairly low)? :hmmmm:
Bubba will have a productive stretch but you're right there isn't much. The only OE I did was a 50/50 hybrid and it stretched about 50% nothing too bad. Most of those ACE plants are pretty manageable until you start running the Old Timer's Haze and her crosses or something with Thai in it.

Bubba will have a productive stretch but you're right there isn't much. The only OE I did was a 50/50 hybrid and it stretched about 50% nothing too bad. Most of those ACE plants are pretty manageable until you start running the Old Timer's Haze and her crosses or something with Thai in it.
So, I'll get MORE stretch from the Bubbas??? Or, are they about the same? :hmmmm:

50% is pretty mild, even for an Indica, but for a 60% Sativa, I would have expected a lot more on the OE's!

So, I'll get MORE stretch from the Bubbas??? Or, are they about the same? :hmmmm:

50% is pretty mild, even for an Indica, but for a 60% Sativa, I would have expected a lot more on the OE's!
I wouldn't say Bubba has more. The OE I had, stretch wasn't a concern. @eggsman has done quite a few of the OE, maybe he can give you a better idea.

QUICK UPDATE

I've got some family plans tonight and not going to be able to get any pics before lights-out time, but all five girls are doing great and happy in their environments.

So, it's time to change them up a little! :rofl:

Actually, just going to up-pot them to their final containers which will all be #10's, except for the center, which will be in a SIP that's about a #5.

The truth is, after two completed grows with this configuration, the smaller SIP produces as much as the #10's, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the way I fill up the limited space I'm working with. I could probably get the same total yield with the four #10's and not even run the center SIP.

I'll get pics posted tomorrow after the up-pot.

Happy Harvests!

K

I wouldn't say Bubba has more. The OE I had, stretch wasn't a concern. @eggsman has done quite a few of the OE, maybe he can give you a better idea.
Hey Krip, your talking to a rookie here but the OE seemed to have an average stretch nothing to big. I trained them all kind of like yours so it was never a problem, except for 1 it was a shorty with close nodes, it got toped once but never got taller then 18". It is finally cured now, the taste is different and so is the high, to me its more fruity and stronger then the rest but only got 2 zips. It had 2 fat colas the top half of them were nice hard buds and the bottom half was larfy. All of the OE that I grew did not have the root balls that my other plants have had, not sure if it was me or the strain, and I vegged them for 90 days. Also Neiko mentioned earlier how it gets better the longer it cures and he is exactly right, it was quite noticeable.
My latest journal has alot of OE pics in it I just changed their name to Orient Eggspress, happy growing.

UPDATED PICS COMING SOON!

I just got the five girls up-potted to their final homes and re-applied the LST to get their colas spread wide apart.

I gotta give 'em all some Transplant Drenches, get a few other grow chores done, and I'll get some updated pics posted this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great 420!

Happy Harvests!

K

STRETCHING OUT IN THE NEW HOMES

Here are some pics of the girls after up-potting:

BUBBA HASH #1:

BUBBA HASH #2:

BUBBA HASH #3:

ORIENT EXPRESS #1:

ORIENT EXPRESS #2:

I did raise the lights to about 2' above the canopy but, to be honest, I'm not that happy with the coverage as it seems the outer edges & corners just aren't getting that much light, which you can kinda see in the first pic above.

I'll have to play with the distances and intensities a little more to see if I can find a "sweet spot".

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey Krip, your talking to a rookie here but the OE seemed to have an average stretch nothing to big. I trained them all kind of like yours so it was never a problem, except for 1 it was a shorty with close nodes, it got toped once but never got taller then 18". It is finally cured now, the taste is different and so is the high, to me its more fruity and stronger then the rest but only got 2 zips. It had 2 fat colas the top half of them were nice hard buds and the bottom half was larfy. All of the OE that I grew did not have the root balls that my other plants have had, not sure if it was me or the strain, and I vegged them for 90 days. Also Neiko mentioned earlier how it gets better the longer it cures and he is exactly right, it was quite noticeable.
My latest journal has alot of OE pics in it I just changed their name to Orient Eggspress, happy growing.
Thanks for the input, Brother! :thanks:
I like the re-naming! :welldone:

QUICK PIC UPDATE

All the girls are doing great and vegging fast. They received another Brix foliar this morning and are looking nice & healthy.

Here are today's pics:

BUBBA HASH #1:

BUBBA HASH #2:

BUBBA HASH #3:

ORIENT EXPRESS #1:

ORIENT EXPRESS #2:

I'm estimating about two weeks, or so, until flip. I was going to do this run without the trellis netting thinking it would be easier to get pics of the individual plants, but I think I am going to use it so I can get a more fair comparison on the yields with the XL1000.

In total fairness, I haven't grown this strain before, but my last two grows in this tent have both yielded 22-25 oz with each grow consisting of different mixed strains. In REAL fairness, that was also flowering with THREE LED's running about 50% more total watts than the XL1000 would be running IF I was running the XL1000 at full power.

Happy Harvests!

K

CLARIFYING CANOPY DISTANCES

A couple days ago, when I first up-potted the girls to their larger containers, I made the following comment that I wanted to clarify:

I did raise the lights to about 2' above the canopy but, to be honest, I'm not that happy with the coverage as it seems the outer edges & corners just aren't getting that much light, which you can kinda see in the first pic above.

I'll have to play with the distances and intensities a little more to see if I can find a "sweet spot".

First, I was way off with my estimate and the lights were only about 16" above the canopy and not 2'. After playing with the distances, I do seem to get full coverage of the 4' x 4' tent when the light is right at 23" above the canopy.

It is worth pointing out that KIND recommends a minimum distance of 30"-36" to get full coverage:

I'm guessing something like a 30"-36" distance from the canopy would most likely be needed for a 5' x 5' since I do seem to get good coverage for the 4' x 4' right at that 2' mark.

Happy Harvests!

K

RANDOM PIC DUMP

Here are a bunch of random pics of the girls today. All are doing great and OE #1 looks like it's going to be a monster! :morenutes:

Here are a couple of pics of OE #1:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom