Thanks for all that information Krip. I'm sure they've made some changes since I used my KIND. I will say I know for a fact when the power went out before lights out time when the power came back on the light wouldn't shut off until the next days off time. I was burned by that on a few occasions. Your idea about using a manual timer as back up is a good one though, that would have solved my problem. I wonder when KIND is going to get on board with the COB and Quantum Board tech. I don't think I could go back to blurple now.

when the power went out before lights out time when the power came back on the light wouldn't shut off until the next days off time.
Yes, in "normal" operation, this is EXACTLY what would happen IF the power came back on AFTER lights out time. This is what would be prevented with the external timer.

Essentially, the external timer is only used as a "backup" to shut off the power to the light in the event that exact thing occurs.

If the power comes on before lights-out time, the light will resume at the settings it had when power was lost and make the next scheduled program change, including shutting the light off that night (again, in "normal" operation).

In other words, it has to have power at the time of the program change to make the program change. If not, when power resumes, the light stays at the settings it had on the last program change and waits for the time the next one should trigger.

If your power came back on BEFORE lights out time AND the light didn't shut off again until the next day, there is/was some other problem (as I understand it! ;) ).

Apologies everyone if I created some confusion (though, this post may confuse you more! :rofl: ).

I just realized I was INCORRECT when I posted this :sorry: :

In fact, once the external timer went off at 8:05pm, it could really come back on at 8:06pm, or any time BEFORE 8am, and not mess up the settings since if power went out and back on during lights-out, the lights would just stay off until 8am when the next program triggered them to go on. :Namaste:

You want to set the external timer to come back on just before lights-on time as I had originally said. If it comes back on at 8:06pm the light will also come back on at whatever settings it had at 8:05 when you manually cut the power with the timer! :laugh:

Talkin about Gazoo...anyone seen , or heard from him....I miss him around here!

When power goes out, do they keep spinning? I don't think so but am trying yo understand. The problem with those, mine at least arent 3 prong. I use the kind where you push in or out tabs for on off time which is a pain because you have to be careful around them so as to not push one you don't want pushed.

I bet you @Gazoo is gonna buy one of these lights, ha!:rofl:
Im here WATCHING AND LEARNING, Just like BEETLEJUICE just call my name 3 times :meditate:

Problem with Power Outages, if the power is being worked on or the POWER COMPANY needs
to reset a few times it can cause your lights to START / RESTART a number of times. Dont want
that going on (not good for bulbs or ballest).

What I have done is set up 1 of those RF PUSH BUTTON room light controllers. Once the power
goes out IT CANNOT restart the lights until I RE-PUSH the RF. No chance of multiple restarts.

I also have a KILLaWatt power monitor set up stars that displays the AMP draw on that grow room.
It is in the kitchen and can be seen easily everytime I go in and out of the kitchen. I know what it
should read and if its not exactly right I know there is a problem.

Still working on a SOUND ALARM idea I had to use with the KILLaWATT

you already know what this post is about just from reading the headline, you've definitely been following along with what's going on and not just looking at the pictures! :goodjob:
:laughtwo: i did :smokin:

BUT if/when that AAA battery dies, the timer stops working entirely, even if power is on! :thedoubletake:
I did not know that!
Me neither! So that’s what happened. I only use the digital for ambient lighting automation these days. I also favour the push pin ones for the grow tent :)
RF PUSH BUTTON room light controllers. Once the power
goes out IT CANNOT restart the lights until I RE-PUSH the RF. No chance of multiple restarts.
Nice innovation Gaz! We have that happen here a bit - the off-on-off-on thing when power goes down. I’ve been thinking of getting a UPS to protect, but this sounds a far more interesting idea. I recently noticed you had dropped off my subs list and i don’t know why, maybe you started a new one and I missed it. Anyway, I’ve been meaning o find my way back, so today is the day obviously!

:laughtwo: i did :smokin:

Me neither! So that’s what happened. I only use the digital for ambient lighting automation these days. I also favour the push pin ones for the grow tent :)

Nice innovation Gaz! We have that happen here a bit - the off-on-off-on thing when power goes down. I’ve been thinking of getting a UPS to protect, but this sounds a far more interesting idea. I recently noticed you had dropped off my subs list and i don’t know why, maybe you started a new one and I missed it. Anyway, I’ve been meaning o find my way back, so today is the day obviously!

I have been quietly working at the bottom of a few Rabbit Holes and my last journal is basically complete.
I tend to get very involved with the LITTLE Details so not of much interest to most. I do try and include the
things I have found when I can but it mostly gets lost in all the detail :)

Thats my Gazoo.......so,..you say you are 'lurking' about....hmmm.......and wat is this guy all about....:meditate:

Above the planet on a wing and a prayer
My grubby halo, a vapor trail in the empty air
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light

Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

There’s no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
Can’t keep my mind from the circling sky
Tongue-tied and twisted

Just an earth-bound misfit

QUICK PIC UPDATE

All the girls are very happy & healthy sitting in the high brix soil under the KIND XL1000:

Bubba Hash #1:

Bubba Hash #2:

Bubba Hash #3:

Orient Express #1:

Orient Express #2:

As you can see, I decided to wait until next weekend to do the up-potting since they have a ways to go before they're rootbound.

Happy Harvests!

K

:green_heart: Very Nice, I guess I WILL need to look into one of those LIGHTS

Pink Floyd or Roger Waters? Lol

Floyd (both)

The lyrics describe Gilmour's thoughts on flying, for which he has a passion (being a licensed pilot with multiple ratings), though it has also been interpreted as a metaphor for beginning something new, experiencing a radical change in life

Fabulous shine on those girls, Mr Krip! I thought they glowed the last time I saw "em, but they've gotten even better. :love:

Nice work! :bravo:

Fabulous shine on those girls, Mr Krip! I thought they glowed the last time I saw "em, but they've gotten even better. :love:

Nice work! :bravo:
Thanks, Brother! Yeah, those BBH's are really loving the second round soil! The OE's are doing great, too, but not quite the same deep green as the Bubbas.

Here's another group shot followed by some pics of the three Bubba Hash plants:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom