GIRLS HAPPY AFTER FIRST BRIX FOLIAR

The girls got their first Brix foliar today and between that and yesterday's transplant drench, you'll see them looking a lot less droopy than they were in the last pics.

Here's a "lights-on" view of the group featuring the Kind XL1000 LED:

And, just for the sake of some better photos, here are some natural light pics:

THE GROUP:

BBH #1:

BBH #2:

BBH #3:

OE #1

OE #2

They're all in heavy veg mode now and getting big quick! :morenutes:

Happy Harvests!

K

Looking good Mr. Krip. Nice shine you got going on. If you do get a sativa pheno of OE it will be a "keeper". I got a Vietnam Black pheno of snow moon when it was 1st released and that thing was like speed.
Great! :rolleyes: I didn't take clones from any of the OE's but I did stick the one not being flowered in the veg tent (for now). Good news is I still have plenty of time to take clones. Bad news is, I have no more room for any more clones! :rofl:

That being said, you guys flag me if one or both of the OE's are showing "keeper" traits before the flip and I'll take a couple cuts.
:thanks:

That being said, you guys flag me if one or both of the OE's are showing "keeper" traits before the flip and I'll take a couple cuts.
All I know to look for is thin leaves and strong branching, that will be the 'one' to look for. But you already knew that.....:high-five:
The problem I have is... is it a "50/50 hybrid" expression or a truly leaning toward the mother or father. I am looking forward to the progress of all your babies. Their vigor is wonderful.
If ya think about it.......Throw some pic in the....... ACE seed plant pics ......:yummy:

All I know to look for is thin leaves and strong branching, that will be the 'one' to look for. But you already knew that.....:high-five:
The problem I have is... is it a "50/50 hybrid" expression or a truly leaning toward the mother or father. I am looking forward to the progress of all your babies. Their vigor is wonderful.
If ya think about it.......Throw some pic in the....... ACE seed plant pics ......:yummy:
I think they have kept it fairly balanced, but I know they used the hashplant leaning pheno in most of their crosses that utilize it.

I'm in. One thing I'd caution you about is the built in timer. I had the XL-750 for a while and after learning how to program it I set the on/off times. What I didn't realize is there is a power outage the light will ignore your on/off times. For example if the came on at 6 am and off at 5 pm and the power goes out and back on for any length of time between 6-5 the light will ignore the off time and stay on until the next day at 5 pm. This use to drive me crazy and I ended up having to not use that feature and plug the light into a timer. The light will perform though, I've had some of my highest terpene tests come from under that light and that was testing a known strain. Overall it's one of the better blurples out there.
I had a great conversation today with Jeff from Kind's "Grow Support" and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful, so, if anyone has questions or needs help, I'd recommend contacting them! :thumb:

I wanted to follow-up on the above issue posted by Brother Neiko so we could all have clarification, and this is what I found out...

First, there is no issue with the timers getting messed up when power goes out, but after learning how this works, I can understand why it COULD appear that way and, of course, that's not to say Brother Neiko didn't have something unique happening with his particular unit.

There is an internal battery and storage that remembers all the settings.

What happens is, if the power goes out, when it comes back on the light will automatically resume at whatever settings it was on when the power went out (regardless of what & how many program changes were scheduled since then!). And, it will not change programs until the next scheduled program change.

So, for example, if you had lights programmed to turn on at 8am and off at 8pm but had a 4 hour power interruption at 6pm (when lights were still on), the light would come back on at 10pm with the same settings it had when it went off at 6pm and would not turn off again until 8pm the next night, when scheduled (but would make any other program/intensity changes scheduled after 8am).

If the same power interruption only lasted one hour and power resumed at 7pm, lights would turn off as scheduled at 8pm that night.

So, the real issue is if the power goes out before lights-out time and the outage lasts until after lights-out time. Or, to say it another way, when power comes back after an outage, it does not "catch up" on missed program changes, it just makes the next ones scheduled.

As Neiko pointed out, the light can be plugged into an external timer if this is a concern.

I hope that helps!!!
:Namaste:

...kinda figgered that would be the case...we started installing astronomical timers on outdoor rinks before I retired...pretty kewl units with lots of programming options, and a single AA battery kept the EEPROM memory indefinitely...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...

I almost forgot to mention this...

When I was speaking with Jeff at Kind, he asked about my temps. I've always like to keep daytime temps under 80*, if possible and usually it's within a degree, or so, of that.

Jeff suggested getting the temps up to around 84* for optimum photosynthesis, which was easy, I just turned down the fan a notch.

It turns out Jeff is a knowledgeable "soil guy" and I think he & Brother @Doc Bud would get along great together! (I sent him info on the kit! :D )

LST ON THE UBT FOR THE BBH & OE UNDER THE XL1000! :rofl:

If you already know what this post is about just from reading the headline, you've definitely been following along with what's going on and not just looking at the pictures! :goodjob:

I did some Low Stress Training (LST) on the four primary colas that resulted from the Uncle Ben's Topping (UBT) I gave to the Bubba Hash (BBH) and Orient Express (OE) plants vegging under the Kind XL1000 LED.

Unfortunately, the batteries died after the first few pics, but they all look essentially the same.

Here are the two OE's:

And, I only got one of the BBH's before the batteries died, but again, you get the idea here:

I'll get more pics posted over the weekend once I get these batteries charged back up! :nerd-with-glasses:

Happy Harvests!

K

I ended up having to not use that feature and plug the light into a timer
As Neiko pointed out, the light can be plugged into an external timer if this is a concern.

I was thinking about this and, it seems to me, you can eliminate the concern by using a manual timer AND still take advantage of the programmable features.

The "key" would be to NOT introduce an actual power interruption to the light with the timer (during lights on time).

So, assuming again lights were coming on at 8am and off at 8pm, if the light was connected to a manual timer that powered on at 7:55am and powered off at 8:05pm you'd always have power to the light when it was needed and never go more than 5 minutes past lights out in the VERY RARE instance you lost power during lights-on AND power happened to come back on sometime between 8:00pm and 8:05pm.

In fact, once the external timer went off at 8:05pm, it could really come back on at 8:06pm, or any time BEFORE 8am, and not mess up the settings since if power went out and back on during lights-out, the lights would just stay off until 8am when the next program triggered them to go on. :Namaste:

You just confused the crap outta me Krip!:rofl:
Your not one of those people I mentioned earlier with the digital clock still blinking 12:00, by any chance, are you? :rofl:

It is a little confusing, but just realize that if you connect the light to a manual timer that's set to go off just after lights out and come back on any time before lights on, you can use all the programming functions of the light and have some "insurance" just in case you have a power outage at an inopportune time. :nerd-with-glasses:

Thats the way Mr Krip, always a work around.....
The problem there is it was overlooked in the software, shame, because looks an awesome light.

Thats the way Mr Krip, always a work around.....
The problem there is it was overlooked in the software, shame, because looks an awesome light.

What I was thinking, internals of light has battery so why doesn't it keep time and turn light off and on at regularly scheduled times.

I'm a little slow Krip. Ha!:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom