Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent

That DDA will be some tasty bud.
Funny you mention it...

I did a quick dry on some of the buds last night so I could sample today and, basically, that's what I've been smoking all day. It's a nice buzz with a strong head high (although, I didn't get much sleep last night, either :laugh: ) and a sweet smell that reminds me of honeysuckle incense with some very light berry notes that you really have to look for. :thumb:

I'd be a lot more tempted to grow it again if it was a bigger yielder and I still have a dozen, or so, seeds left so, once I build up the stash again, maybe I'll give it another shot?

Thanks but I probably won't be buying any more seeds anytime soon. Who do you think I am, Krip?:rofl::rofl:
I can't believe you'd even think of associating that comment with me! :thedoubletake:
I have plenty of seeds, too, plus you know I hate autos!

Then maybe get a Auto Mazar from Dutch Passion.....a great Auto....just sayin...
Hmmm...Auto Mazar, you say? :hmmmm:

Hey Krip! Great to see your gardens back in full swing. That must be feeling good.
Nice new camera kit too - that package sounds awesome, esp w filters and tripods and wot not. Tip for the flash that’s too bright is to wrap something around it to dampen and diffuse the intensity. Can even play w slight colour filtering that way.

I don’t think anyone grows the Dark Devil Auto for yield ;). It’s the uniqueness, beauty of the buds and excellent high that’s the draw. Although there have been a few monsters of it grown. Brixnewb grew one that gave him 6-8oz in an octopot and folks in hydro can get some decent size out of them. Bobrown grows them in soil and does it like a SOG, in many small pots - but I suppose it would be actually be a SOP :D. I grew 4, of the pheno dynamo reproduced, in 2 1gal pots and they were awesome. Excellent ‘corner fillers’ in the tent and a couple of oz of delectable bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Krip! Great to see your gardens back in full swing. That must be feeling good.
Nice new camera kit too - that package sounds awesome, esp w filters and tripods and wot not. Tip for the flash that’s too bright is to wrap something around it to dampen and diffuse the intensity. Can even play w slight colour filtering that way.

I don’t think anyone grows the Dark Devil Auto for yield ;). It’s the uniqueness, beauty of the buds and excellent high that’s the draw. Although there have been a few monsters of it grown. Brixnewb grew one that gave him 6-8oz in an octopot and folks in hydro can get some decent size out of them. Bobrown grows them in soil and does it like a SOG, in many small pots - but I suppose it would be actually be a SOP :D. I grew 4, of the pheno dynamo reproduced, in 2 1gal pots and they were awesome. Excellent ‘corner fillers’ in the tent and a couple of oz of delectable bud :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks, Amy! :thanks:

It does feel great although I'm not really in "full swing" yet since my clones are all very immature so I don't have anything to immediately replace the two harvested DDA's. I could put some clones in there, but for their size, I'm better letting them mature in the veg tent for a while and saving the electricity on the small tent.

I 420% agree that yield isn't the reason to grow DDA's and, if I had averaged over an oz. per plant I'd be less critical, but when one spends all the time and money on the electric, nutes, space, etc. to take the plant through harvest, it's pretty disappointing not to see at least an oz. I felt guilty filling up three full 5 gallon buckets of water just to wash that small amount of buds! :rofl:

Growing them SOG in small containers makes sense except, as autos, they all need to be done from seed and not clone, which isn't ideal and can get pretty expensive for a SOG grow.

That all being said, as you mentioned, the buds are just beautiful, it's a great high, and it was real fun to grow. If those rewards are sufficient, DDA is an excellent choice. If the reward you're after is yield, I'd probably consider another strain! ;)

Back
Top Bottom