Stunger's Last Stand: Banned To The Balcony!

this is the six i just made out of the stunted autos , cant wait to see how the do as it was a mix of a few and a lucky dip in the end lol they are in my organic coco , be fed teas only
P1120978.JPG

I'm not nearly caught up, but definitely in and will continue bit by bit, great grow from what I've seen so far!

Update on budset progress

Bud development is slowly progressing. I gave all the plants another Neem spray this morning and so far they appear pretty clean and no bugs spotted. Of course once the buds fatten up the bugs will came for a feast unless they are dissuaded. I'll carry out a BT spray too in a few days.

A side by side pic for future reference to check vertical height for stealth purposes.

I have taken a closeup of a bud of each of the girls. Of the Photo girls, the Mango Sherbert is the most advanced and the Strawberry Cough the least.

Mango Sherbert

Godfather OG

Strawberry Cough

CBD Express auto

Be well everyone. :hookah:

Just to be clear, it's 5 days prior to flip. The light change for outside grows would be the summer solstice (Dec 21st for those below the equator.
It is maybe a little bit more tricky to judge the timing when growing outdoors as different strains kick off pistils at different times, it is not as clear cut as flip day is for the indoor growers. Most general advice on outdoors that I have seen has been to spray once pistils are spotted, which generally for me has been 3-4 weeks after solstice, altho my Strawberry Cough was about 6 weeks after solstice.

So with the 'before flip' guidance, it has potentially worked out quite good for me, 2 of my plants had already started producing pistils when I commenced spraying and the SC hadn't, last week I was thinking it was all a failure, but this week the Strawberry Cough appears that it might be producing some pollen balls. So even if I failed with 2 of the 3 plants, I'll be nonetheless rapt if the 3rd works, as doing this stuff is all experimenting, and it is confidence building when you try stuff and lo and behold something works that you can carry forward and build from.

I might even pop out now to the balcony and take my camera, glasses and my fishing head lamp to see if there's any further progress, altho it is awfully hard to get the timing right for illumination and focus without appearing like Mr Magoo squinting at a blur. :nerd-with-glasses:

General Update - evening time

I am still not sure whether I am seeing signs of reversal on the Strawberry Cough or whether it is simply me seeing what I hope to see. I took another close look today. I am really eager to 'see' confirmation. Wow that would be incredible. But it's just the same as the last few days where I am still only seeing male-like single 'crab claw' like structures amongst pistils. It's only when you see multiple balls that it's 100%. I'm still waiting. Anyway, I will look again closely over the next few days, , it's now been 26 days of 4-6 CS sprays a day so it would be a great time for it to happen about any time soon. :slide:

Here's pic looking thru the side window in the afternoon 2 days ago.

And a couple of shots after 8pm tonight as their blades are turned for the last of the evening sunlight.

I am so aware right now of how there is just a few weeks left and then it'll all be over for another year, which is a bit of a sad thought. A grow tent would be nice to have and allow all year round experimentation. Altho I can't see it being on the permissible horizon at the moment.

Wishing a nice smoke in front of you right now :ganjamon:

beautiful work :goodjob: they will reward you well
Cheers Nutty, I'm sure hoping so!
Beautiful, I just started my first indoor.
Thanks Stinker, yes I dropped on your grow, good stuff!
If you do get pollen you're going to end up with a lot of seeds!
That would be wonderful Shed, but I'm not really seeing any progression to pollen balls so I'm beginning to have doubts that a reversal is in fact happening, but I'll keep checking and hopefully...
Nice one, Koro. Gorilla Zkittlez with coffee this a.m. I hope that wasn’t a waste of a wish. You could’ve had anything!
Cheers :peace::love:
No that's great DD, if it's good enough for you then it's good enough for me! :ganjamon:
The girls are looking fantastic Stunger, some big buds on the way and let’s hope you get some pollen to chuck. Smoking on some skunk #1
Cheers BC, yip I'm hoping for that, but not sure now if it is happening. :hmmmm:

Beautiful job on those girls, Stunger!

End of the February update

My girls are all progressing quite nicely. They have stayed in good colour with just a handful of yellowing leaves at this mid point in flowering. I purposively left the colas to form up vertically rather than supercropping them more flat like I did last year. I am really pleased with the vigor these 3 strains are showing. I had planned to, but now I'm inclined not to do any leaf pruning/defoliation this year as to me they look really happy and I'm curious to see what sort of buds they will produce if left to their own devices from here. I may change my mind on that but probably not, I can always try a strong defoliation next year and see what happens.:surf:

For the most part, visually they remain stealthy to the neighbourhood. I still have 2 more balcony rail planter boxes which for stealth purposes have weeds and dead plants designed to be so ugly to repeal any gazing eyes.
When the doors are open and the breeze blowing in, there is a smell of dankness starting to be sensed by an experienced nose, definitely best to keep that door closed at this time of the grow if visitors are around. Of course the dank smell is still going to crank up several notches soon. :straightface:

It doesn't sound much to say the tallest girl is 24 inches, but they are starting to put on weight and look a bit bigger than their height suggests, they're a bit bigger than I had envisaged initially.:morenutes:

Anyway, sorry to be photo bombing these out so often, but soon this grow's going to be over, and then there'll be the long hibernation before the seasons allow the next one to get going, so yeah, make hay while the sun shines!:goof:

Here's to everyone out there whose enjoying new strains. I'm really looking forward to whatever these girls bring to the table come harvest dry & cure time. It'll be great having that extra choice. Enjoy that toke folks! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom