Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Shit totally missed this. Ya looking good over here again mate!!
Good shit!! 👍
Thanks Porky, you only missed early start, there should be 4 or 5 more months to go!
Beautiful growing over the ditch!

They are vegging like a green dream!
Thanks Tra, they are a nice green but they've starting to go triffid on me, it's ridiculous and a bit of a style cramper that I can only let them go to barely more than 2 feet, otherwise they'd be showing off to the neighbours.

Plants are looking fab, @Stunger . Hopefully you can keep the beasts under control but they do enjoy that extra air up their skirts. :thumb:
Thanks Azi! I reckon they do too. When you first mentioned your thoughts about the air gap, I instantly felt that would be good too. In spite of me not being able to allow the plants to grow higher than about 2 feet, it does make it easy for watering, and hopefully too, that the container soil is becoming better moistened. Anyway, so far they don't seem to be complaining about them. :)

I suggest two more window boxes and some quick-growing plants with height in all of them...looks like you're gonna need it!
Cheers Shed, yes I'm going to have to keep on it. They have a lot of potential expansion before they settle down to budding up. I am a bit reluctant to put too much high growing plants into the balcony rail planters because they'd then block some light. It's mostly going to be down to supercropping I think.

I suggest two more window boxes and some quick-growing plants with height in all of them...looks like you're gonna need it!
We've been telling Stunger that for years! Sherlock Holmes' Purloined Letter is noticed by no one because it's in plain view.

Update - Sunny day update!

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! A bit more supercropping was carried out today - the weather has been lovely with the sun beating down on the plants, I have been for a swim with my daughter too, a hot day.

Overhead view

Some pics of early pistils from these plants all grown from regular seeds.

Mulanje HP

Mulanje ME

I struggled to find any fully erupted pistils, I know she has some but since I have carried a lot of supercropping and LST it is no longer easy to turn and adjust the growth shoots to look at the pre-flowers because they are tied with training wire. But regardless here are a couple of pics showing the beginning eruption of pistils.

Mulanje Sherbert

And to finish, today's view from the side window

Thanks for dropping by, wishing one and all the very best, I hope your gardens are blooming! :ganjamon:

Wow they look really large in the last pic, Stunger... nice nice!
Thanks Carmen, they're starting to motor now!
Mulanje x ME -- no certainty it's female yet.
Cheers Emeraldo, it's hard to locate pistils at this early stage with everything tied down, but whether they're full-blown double pistils or early erupting pistils, I'd still call it as female as there doesn't seem much point calling it a male when you see them. I previously posted pics of the Mulanje ME showing early erupting pistils so to me these just confirm it. But if suddenly they all turn to balls then I'll have to go back to the drawing board!
Oh it's nice to hear summer talked about! Your ladies are looking beautiful Stunger!
Thanks Otter, they're at the take off stage now!

Have a Happy New Year, Stunger and Family!💚

Looking awesome Stunger. Gonna fill the balcony in no time with those ones.
:thumb:
Thanks Joe! I hope you had a lovely one, and a grandad now too eh!
Happy New Year Stunger!
Thanks Mel! All the best to you and yours too.
Happy new year Stunger!
Thanks Carmen! Wishing you all the best for the New Year too.
Have a Happy New Year, Stunger and Family!💚
Thanks Carcass! Wishing you and your's a lovely one!

How does 2023 look from your side of the globe? Anything we should know about?

HNY Stunger! 🎉
Thanks Shed, Happy New Year to you and your's!
We have an overcast start to the morning but full sun forecast later. It seemed a fairly quiet NYE, a lot less fireworks going off than normal, hopefully 2023 is good year, interesting times.

Back
Top Bottom