SweetLeef's Gone Muy Loco! Tijuana EbbnFlow - 4 Autos in Supersoil

Alright let's take a look at PinkyGreens roots shall we?

20140817_202947.jpg
20140817_203000.jpg

As you can see she was quite root bound. I would have gotten in there and broker her roots apart more, but I figured since she came out of a smart pot, pretty much every exposed root has been torn, So I think that might be enough disruption, no need to take the fork to her ;)

She's now in a 5 gallon smart pot surrounded by Supersoil. She's making the switch from hydro to soil. I wasn't set up or ready for another hydro plant, so I just took her our of her smart pot and coco, and all and put it into the larger pot with Super Soil. I hope the super soil is enough after she's gotten used to coco and nutes. I guess if she needs more I can hit her with the maxi bloom, though I think she should be just fine.

Thoughts?

Do you have much success with diatomaceous earth ? I just purchased some and used it like a dust on the plant and soil. I am having an issue with spider mites not hitting the road, even after mighty wash. :green_heart:

Do you have much success with diatomaceous earth ? I just purchased some and used it like a dust on the plant and soil. I am having an issue with spider mites not hitting the road, even after mighty wash. :green_heart:

I haven't dealt with spider mites yet. So I wouldn't know how to use the DE for them. I have been using the DE to keep the gnats at bay. I saw a fungus gnat the other day that was huge! I immediately grabbed the SNS-209 Systemic Pest Control, and fed the girls some of that.
Then I put down a nice thick layer of DE and then I covered that with aquarium rocks. It keeps the DE from blowing all over the tent, and I think it helps to water more evenly.

SNS-209 is a natural pesticide from Sierra Natural Sciences Your plant drinks rosemary oil and then the pest supposidly don't like the taste and they move on.

From what I have read spider mites adapt very quickly to anything you try against them. I don't believe the mighty wash will kill the eggs. You may need to spray every couple of days for a a couple of weeks. alternate with Dr. Bronners euclyptus or peppermint soap. Just a tiny bit of soap, as a spray should help get rid of them. Hopefully you are still in veg so you have time to fight the little bastards before you start flowering. Good Luck MsBadger!

Alright everybody, lets go to update town!

PinkyGreen has really shown no signs of stress either from the move or the transplant, so I believe the flip will happen this Sunday!
:goof::high-five::surf::blunt::yahoo::thumb::cheer::love::Namaste::peace::smokin::partyboy::party::ganjamon::yummy::Rasta::smokin::clap::slide::tokin::grinjoint::adore::rofl::allgood::clown::joint::blushsmile::kiss::ciao::amen::dreamy::riskybusiness::hug::theband:

As such, we are 4 days away from the flip! Final defol, and a very hard one I might add, for Obama has been done. PinkyGreen also received a defol, though I did not go anywhere near as hard on her as I did Michelle

I would be lying if I wasen't a little dissapointed in her size. I was really hoping that Obama would be much larger then she is now. I made a few mistakes and next time will be better, but still.... Anyway, I think I still have a good chance of pulling double digits off of her. We'll see :)

Michelle Obama is back on the juice. Hooked her res up tonight and ran a flood cycle. We should be good to go. I am not sure if my drying her out increased her root size, but she never really got droopy or had any ill effects, So who knows with this crazy plant?

The Minty sisters have not shown their orientation yet. I am really hoping that means they are girls since at this point in Minty's grow, he had been confirmed a male and been dealt with accordingly. The fact there are no balls, but their leaves are starting to alternate, means I really hope they are girls.

So let's see some 4 days until flip pics shall we?

PinkyGreen
20140817_022633.jpg
20140820_020623.jpg

Michelle Obama
20140820_005004.jpg
20140820_005013.jpg
20140820_011927.jpg
20140820_011920.jpg

Minty sisters haven't changed much so I didn't take individual pictures tonight so we will just do a

Group Shot.
20140820_020638.jpg

Whole Family
20140820_024911.jpg

Picked up a fresh roll of Gorilla Tape, Thursday or Friday I will get up before lights on and double check we don't have any light leaks. Then, I think we are about as ready to flower as we ever will be.

It's weird, this journal is in it's 8th month. It turned into a semi-perpetual grow, it has morphed many times, and the final chapter is right around the corner ;) crazy.

Well, that's where we are at tonight. The greenest of gardens to you!

So I checked the Minty sisters today and #'s 2,3,&4 aren't showing yet.

However, I believe #5 is a girl! :yahoo:

Photo_on_8-21-14_at_11_05_AM.jpg

It's still early and can't be certain until the pistol shows up. But, after the original Minty turning out to be a male, I am quite confident that #5 is a lady for real!

On Minty, the ball grew like straight out, where this one is pointed up. The ball was also on the end of a stick while this calyx is flush against the plant.

I have a name for her, but I will wait to give it to her until we're 100%, But for now we will assume #5 is a GIRL!!!! :party:

So I checked the Minty sisters today and #'s 2,3,&4 aren't showing yet.

However, I believe #5 is a girl! :yahoo:

Photo_on_8-21-14_at_11_05_AM.jpg

It's still early and can't be certain until the pistol shows up. But, after the original Minty turning out to be a male, I am quite confident that #5 is a lady for real!

On Minty, the ball grew like straight out, where this one is pointed up. The ball was also on the end of a stick while this calyx is flush against the plant.

I have a name for her, but I will wait to give it to her until we're 100%, But for now we will assume #5 is a GIRL!!!! :party:

That is a truly awesome shot SweetLeef!!

And, a very educational descriptor as well. After seeing this great pic and reading your post I am further convinced my plant is male: Ball sticking straight out on the end of a stick.

But, I have treated him as a male since his near death experience so no surprise for me!

Hope you give her a name soon!

:thumb:

Yay! I hope she turns out to be a legit female for you!

Thanks Jade :high-five: Just got a suitable cloak, Elvis shall be en route very soon. :)

That is a truly awesome shot SweetLeef!!

And, a very educational descriptor as well. After seeing this great pic and reading your post I am further convinced my plant is male: Ball sticking straight out on the end of a stick.

But, I have treated him as a male since his near death experience so no surprise for me!

Hope you give her a name soon!

:thumb:

Thanks Catman!

The pic was snapped with a USB microscope I got on scamazon for like 40 bucks. Totally worth it! I have a hard time getting close enough to the plant to see such small things. The micro lets me really get in there.

Sorry about your boy! Always a bummer if your not trying to breed.

Thanks for following along it's good to have you around, things should start getting good around here real soon too!

Hello everyone,

Since this journal has been running since mid January, and we are just about to enter the final chapter of this grow. I thought it would be appropriate to do a re-cap of the grow. Also I have thrown my flag up and invited some more amazing members to follow along for the finale, this way nobody has to go back and read 37 pages to get caught up. So, if you are just joining us, or you would like a refresher, here's what you missed :)

The first few pages are mostly technical discussion regarding the EnF system. Very interesting stuff if you want to try your hand at a very simple and effective method of growing hydro.

The next few pages are me impatiently waiting for my first grow to finish, so I could start this grow.

Then I decided to change the strains I would grow, which is why the title of this thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense at the moment, also decided to add a second EnF bucket and try growing an auto in there. I was worried the huge bucket would be wasted on and auto. I should not have been. It worked out really well for me :)

The Plan of Action

5x5x7 Tent
1 1200w MARS II TOPLed

1 Obama Kush photo plant in EnF system in Rockwool cubes
1 Hobbit Auto flower plant in EnF system in Rockwool cubes

Auto flowers grown in Super Soil. SmurfBerry and Auto Pounder with Cheese.

Grow the auto flowers until harvest and then flip the Obama plant.

Nutes used for the EnF plants are THE EASIEST, and quite effective nutes probably on the planet. No steps, no amendments, no nothing. Just 7grams of GH Maxibloom Powder per US gallon of water. That's it. It grew one of the biggest auto flower plants I've ever seen :)

The Auto Pounder with cheese made some pretty decent smoke and gave me just under an ounce and a half.

The Auto flower in the Enf wound up taking a very long time to finish up. 121 days in all. At the end of it all, she was almost 5'tall, just as wide, and gave me 6.3 ounces of some very kind bud. My beautiful giant auto!

Anyway, because she took so long, I decided to run a second round of autos, and I would flip once they were finished.

I ran 5 autos in Supersoil 2x MED GOM 1.0 a strain potentially high in CBD. Auto Critical, Auto Blue Diesel, and Massive Midget.

I got about 1/4oz off of the MG1's we turned it into Cannabis Paste for my sister.

I got between an ounce, ounce and a half each off of the other three. All 5 were quick and small, but the Massive Midget made some REALLY dense fatty nugs. The Auto Critical had a very distinct flavor that I couldn't ever put my finger on. I said kinda like cardamom maybe, my GF said maybe like sandalwood or something. Very interesting and fun smoke for sure.

Once those Autos were don I decided it would be a good idea to drop 4 regular seeds of GCSx??? Once they popped, I decided to give them a full two months before flipping. The flip date was going to be September 7th.

However, a good friend of mine, you may know him as NEWROSE on the forum, gave me a call offering me his Harlequin plant. His really big, really beautiful, very difficult to get, Harlequin strain.

The original hope was to get a pound or more off of the Obama. Long veg and heavy training to boost it. I made a mistake when transplanting her from her second pot to her third pot. I found out when transplanted into her final pot and her roots were tiny. Nowhere near what I expected or where they should be for a solid two months of veg. And all because I did not disturb her roots in the transplant. So please learn from my mistake and when you transplant, disturb the shit outta the roots to encourage them to grow some more:)

I unhooked Obama from her res to let her dry out, and try and force her roots to get some growth in before flower time. She went 12 days without being fed. She did get a little less than a ½ gallon with some SNS-209 twice in that 12 days and that kept her from drooping. She's a trooper for sure. Really hope her roots got bigger.

Out of the 4 regular seeds dropped, only 1 has started to show sex at this point and I believe her to be a girl :) The other 3 havent shown yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that is a good sign. I tried a seed from this strain before and it turned out to be a male. It had already show by this point in it't life and I feel like I read somewhere that males show first. Or I made that up because it sounds better :)

So this grow has gone through a lot of changes and has lasted much longer than intended. But here we are. 2 days away from the flip :)

We've got

1 Obama Kush in and EnF system
1 Harlequin in a Coco/SuperSoil mix in a 5 gallon Smartpot.
1 almost confirmed female GSCx???
3 sex unknown GCSx???

For those of you who are just joining us, pull up a chair, grab some weed out of the bin, roll up a fatty and lets see what happens. I think Muy Loco part of my title is about to come true :high-five: And thanks for stopping by! All questions, comments, jokes, tall tales, and tomfoolerie welcome, No, encouraged in my journals :)

Lets have some fun and grow some buds :high-five::goof:

:popcorn:

Subbed, nice looking grow, id say for sure thats a female.

:Yahoo: YES! I love confirmation. Thanks Dusty! And welcome to the journal! Thanks for stopping by!

Chini patra
I will be staying tuned in on this grow if you don't mind :cheer::cheer: I no its in the title but a 1200w LED light is that the exact consumption
of electric :circle-of-love:

Hey Jaga, No the 1200w is theoretical. The actual draw of the unit is around 600w. It's a really cool light. For the price I paid for it, I really can;t say enough about it. Great light!

Hey Reggie!, How very nice to see you Thanks for swinging in. Working should be really slowing down in about a month and then I will be around a whole lot more :)

Welcome Relaxed Lester! Glad to see you round these parts!

:passitleft:

Well, I'm excited for the next phase! So, you've grown many autos, you're about to have your first flip to 12/12, you recently made your first 'pack- up-and-run-in-the-middle-of-the-night' run. You are a real pot grower!! I love it!! :love::love::love: Here's hoping the Harlequin goes gang busters (is that something people say anymore?) and I hope the clones are rooting their little hearts outs!!! :blunt::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom