The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

How would you judge pistils and bud development under the Dorm Grow 2x G8-600's compared to High Pressure Sodium lights at this day of flower?

Great question, I've been observing them carefully, because I'm asking myself the exact same questions.

The LED plants aren't stretching as much as they would under HPS. The leaves are more delicate and exhibit zero signs of stress under the LED.

From what I can tell right now, the actual buds are developing just as well as they would under HPS, but the overall plant is smaller.

The resin development is about equal so far.

Took some pics this morning. Still 100% perfect.

IMG_63868.jpg

IMG_63858.jpg

IMG_63825.JPG

IMG_63786.jpg

IMG_63774.JPG

IMG_63766.JPG

IMG_63754.jpg

Doc ,how's little afgan girl doin? Pics of her? Was wondering bro....do you experiment a little with C.D. timing and such? Since my sit. is alot smaller,etc.,i only get to play with it once every 4 months or so. Just gave the girls their first tonight....start of week 4. Most would prolly have done it with these,two weeks ago,dunno! I tried it once at 2 weeks ,3 weeks,and now ,4 weeks.Same strain,as you know.The buds are very well developed,but lack the juice! Love watching the C.D. really change things up...! BTW, another round of sweet pics, Doc.:high-five:

I know I am showing up extremely late to the party, but I hope theres a seat or spot on the floor left... :)

Doc Goes LED for a 2nd time :) sweet!!!!

and it looks like the plants are loving it as well :)

Subbed :)

Doc ,how's little afgan girl doin? Pics of her? Was wondering bro....do you experiment a little with C.D. timing and such? Since my sit. is alot smaller,etc.,i only get to play with it once every 4 months or so. Just gave the girls their first tonight....start of week 4. Most would prolly have done it with these,two weeks ago,dunno! I tried it once at 2 weeks ,3 weeks,and now ,4 weeks.Same strain,as you know.The buds are very well developed,but lack the juice! Love watching the C.D. really change things up...! BTW, another round of sweet pics, Doc.:high-five:

I pretty much go CD when the buds are set, usually around weeks 3-4, depending on the strain.

The Afghan was re-cloned and composted. I've got 5 little ones getting vegged out for bloom soon. I took a picture of one a week ago or so.

IMG_63513.jpg

I know I am showing up extremely late to the party, but I hope theres a seat or spot on the floor left... :)

Doc Goes LED for a 2nd time :) sweet!!!!

and it looks like the plants are loving it as well :)

Subbed :)

Plenty of room and plenty of time on this one ICE. You're always welcome, all the time. The plants are definitely loving these lights.

Ya eh! I'm really pushing it with these led's Doc....i mean they are gettin mighty close to them.Depending on what 180 cycle they're in,a few of the taller tops can be 6 " or so from them. So far no bleaching or stunting. They still have 16" or so before they hit the Budmaster. Vert. growth is very slow now so,i'm hoping they'le make it.The BM is up at the very top.The G8's can be moved up and down as a like. All 5 lights are working great, as hoped.
Thanks for your advice on the Mg. issue as well Doc. Watering it in has proven once again to be the best for the plant and soil.I wasn't aware of the negative affects it can have ,if sprayed on . Good day sir.:thumb:

You're doing something right my friend. Actually everything right lol beautiful buds man. They look amazing.

Starting to fill in! Man those look frosty

I hope they fill in.....seems good so far.

pictures are making my mouth water :D insanely perfect i love it

They are some of the prettiest plants I've ever grown. I'm kinda blown away too.

On edit: should have said that the difference between these plants and others I have grown is the lighting. These lights grow very attractive, sexy plants. If I could get them twice as bright I'll donate all my HID gear.

While I'll certainly save electricity on this round, and possibly yield a higher gram/watt ratio, the bottom line looks as if the twin 1000 watt HPS would have produced more in the same space....at higher expense.

Give me some brighter LED's over this spot and I honestly can't see a reason to continue growing with HID's.

Ya Doc, i agree, so will you go to the next size up for next round?That's 900 isn't it? Have two, or maybe even three over that tray.Youd'e still use less hydro. Doc, just wonderin if you've already taken into consideration the cooling cost's dropping way down as well in your power usage. Dorm Grow sells another bigger light don't they....like a 1200 or something? Dunno.

got a quick question regarding my MK'S....after the two C.D's i gave them straight water w/ 1 teaspn epsoms...that's all. Would you give them two more "just waters" or start back w/ G.E. i wanted to ,not flush but ,just give them a plain old drink . Thoughts,, some upper leaves are getting a little crispy .

Back
Top Bottom