Vick's - Organic Triple Strain'ed Sea Of Green - Wiw!

Re: Vick's- Organic triple strain'ed Sea Of Green - wiw!

Looks good man .... just remember wattage equals yield, they are closely related...basically I was just saying it would be that much better

if he added some light guaranteed...

Hey Vick....seems like 1 light is a bit thin for those numbers...just my opinion...
I can see Veg being under one light on the track but not in flower....
If you put all that work into your plants they deserve the light.

appreciate the concern Dank,
But I'm no too worried about it.
plus I'm flipping in about a week and a half.
I have more room to spread plants and rows out if needed.
the 1000 watt HPS cooltube will allow me to keep close, and delay the mover on each end up to 30 seconds.
So as I see it, I can customize it so everyone gets an even dose of HPS come flower time..
:tokin:

Yes another light would be better but most of the time guys using movers are trying to get away with not using another light and spreading the light a bit. You are right dank farmer but you must remember that there is heat to deal with when you add another light. Not knocking what you said bro.

Subbed I'll just sit back here and watch the proceedings with great interest. Nice looking grow

Looks good man .... just remember wattage equals yield, they are closely related...basically I was just saying it would be that much better

if he added some light guaranteed...

Ok,
But remember this: (if you've read any of my journals)
I'm not growing to set records or sell my shit for profit.
So I'm not stressing about mega yields.
I'm already running a 1000 watt cooltube in a small space. 4X8
Are you suggesting I run 2, 1000's??
I would if I could, but the wiring in my current establishment wouldn't carry the load. Not to mention the AC I'd have to run to cool it.
So for now, I'm happy growing with what I have, and the wattage I'm allowed to use during my current situation.
I grow medicine for myself and my family members, and select friends. that's it.
I'm one of those few that actually enjoys growing this stuff just for myself, and documenting my grows, while hopefully helping someone learn something from my misfortunes.
That's why I'm here..
:peace:

Subbed I'll just sit back here and watch the proceedings with great interest. Nice looking grow

Welcome bluefly..

:passitleft:

It's cool Vick

I realize your not a commercial grow. A 4 X 8 space should have in my opinion more light yes...how ever work with what you have right. I would much rather run 3 600's than 2 1000's... in your case 2 600's on a trolley would be great...
I'm not trying to tell you what to do in any way. I was just making an observation. My two cents comes from over 20 years of growing both commercially and for recreational use. :peace:

There is a point where more plants equal less yield, but mainly lower quality.
Every strain is different in terms of light needs , so some strains are definitely more apt to achieve higher ratio's of quality flowers and heavier yields with less light...

A figurative example would be

48 plants @ 1/2 ounce dry processed flower weight = 24 ounces total yield

20 plants @ 1.25 ounce dry processed flower weight = 25 ounces total yield

The 20 plants would be of much higher quality, which is after all why we are here.

I agree with your statements about yield Dank Farmer.
This grow isn't going to be like my previous grows, in that I'm not growing them huge before flip. (No way they'd fit in there then)
I'm new to organics as well, so this is a first for me. Experimenting..
I'm flowering at around 16-18 inches, so even though it will be a bit crowded.
I think my combination of air circulation, temps, RH, and CO2 supplementation should make for a pretty good little grow in the space and power given.
didn't mean to come off defensive in any way,was just trying to justify my decisions for doing what I'm doing.
:passitleft:

Hey vick, looking very, very good mate. So pleased you're back and started another journal. The SOG set up looks super clean and tight as always, very nice.

Love the moving light mover photo, mental! You always do such good photos and stuff. Next challenge for you: a timelapse vid of the grow from veg to harvest, that would be amazing!!

Looking forward to this one mate, nice work

He he he, loving the little light discussions, I'm simply a fan of going my way and stuff it lol. I know their are so many bigger better more knowledgeable growers here, but when all said and done we all grow our own way! variety is the spice of life, and the life's blood of this site. If we all bought a perfect standard set up, where would the fun be! Lets all just tinker and mess to get the best out of what we got. That is when real innovations are created!
Also As time lapse was mentioned above, I just want to say I will try to do a edited video of my LST/HST training at the end of my WW run so everyone can see in a 5 min vid what I do to my girls through whole cycle.
Anyway Keep it green for them that can't!

i was doing 2 600s in vented hoods in a 4x4x7 tent with a 450cfm inline and it was hard to stay below 90f, i went to 1 600 running at 668watts (110% power setting) and switched to less & bigger plants (8 in 3 gal to 5 in 5-7 gal) temps went to 75-80f and yields went up!

I'm picking up what you're putting down BID.
Less can definitely mean more, and I've experienced it first hand.
I did roughly the same thing with two lights and 5 monsters. Although things were looking really good, I couldn't finish the run and had to tear everything down for inspection.
I'm just trying to look at it a little differently on this grow.
Really want to maximize the space to the fullest, And even though I'm cutting the numbers by about 10 pretty soon, It's still going to be a pretty full room.
Going into this time of year, I don't have to worry about temps at all. the only thing I have to worry about is humidity. And my new dehumidifier will take care of that during lights off. Also acts as a heater bringing the room up to a perfect 70 degrees F. at lights off with 45% RH. And with the light cranked to 100% my max temps are hitting 79 degrees F. With CO2 supplementing every hour, lots of air movement, I can't see conditions getting any better than that. So I'm trying to take advantage of the perfect conditions by filling the space.
About another week, and I'm flipping.
And I'll only be flipping unless they're perfectly healthy, with zero deficiencies.

Love the setup Vick, I am going to sub up if that is OK with you.

Thanks 420er!

Welcome..
:Namaste:

Hey vick, looking very, very good mate. So pleased you're back and started another journal. The SOG set up looks super clean and tight as always, very nice.

Love the moving light mover photo, mental! You always do such good photos and stuff. Next challenge for you: a timelapse vid of the grow from veg to harvest, that would be amazing!!

Looking forward to this one mate, nice work

wiw!

There's the Green Knight!!
Glad to could make it brother!
Thank you so much for the kindness my friend.
:high-five:

Want to buy a timeplapse camera actually.
That would be sick from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom