Yeti's High Brix Perpetual

When you put your cuts into soil, are you putting them straight under your lights? I'm asking because, cuttings fresh into soil are sensitive to light. I keep mine out of direct light for a day or two slowly working them out from under the canopy of taller plants.

In extreme cases, when they have very little roots, I've kept them out of direct light for a week or more and I'll drizzle a little bit of water down the stalk every day or two until I see it stabilize.

going to be starting anything inside any time soon?
As it happens I have a Bubba Hash just emerged from the soil today (always such a relief!) and a Candida CD-1 showing its stalk, so it won’t be far behind. I’ll get it together to start a journal for them soon.
Meantime... :passitleft::reading420magazine: .while dreaming of a future perpetual garden

When you put your cuts into soil, are you putting them straight under your lights? I'm asking because, cuttings fresh into soil are sensitive to light. I keep mine out of direct light for a day or two slowly working them out from under the canopy of taller plants.

In extreme cases, when they have very little roots, I've kept them out of direct light for a week or more and I'll drizzle a little bit of water down the stalk every day or two until I see it stabilize.

I keep them off to the sides of the lights. There are no larger plants to hide them under, so I put them on the perimeter so that they are not under "direct" light so much as on the fringes of it.

As it happens I have a Bubba Hash just emerged from the soil today (always such a relief!) and a Candida CD-1 showing its stalk, so it won’t be far behind. I’ll get it together to start a journal for them soon.
Meantime... :passitleft::reading420magazine: .while dreaming of a future perpetual garden

Awesome. Drop a link when you get it going and I will be there to follow along! I see all sorts of people loving the Bubba Hash.

Yay! More Bubba Hash.

I need to come across some seeds so I can get on the BH train. Everyone seems to love it.

Yup, same here. I need to get me some of those fancy LED sunglasses ,..to spend more time staring at these sativas..:ganjamon:....enjoy the night ...:passitleft:
I have one pair but it is more geared towards blurples and I have the white LEDs. I should use them more and do not. I still need to go take care of the girls. You enjoy the night as well bud! :passitleft:

Neiko’s got a good point. We all get a little jaded at different points, I think.
I enjoyed the stories you guys were sharing.

I am what some folks call a ‘traditional furniture maker’ that is to say that I work as folks would have pre-industrial revolution. I’ve got some modern machines because I’m not a complete looney haha, though I enjoy the level of precision that can be acquired with hand tools.
It’s quite a bit more skill required but these skills are never forgotten.
View media item 1679697This is the only pic Ihave on my personal phone. As a buddy recently sent it. I’ll upload some stuff next chance I get.
I repaired all the drawers on his dresser. They rarely make them like this anymore. It’s just particle board screwed together nowadays haha
Nice work Archie!

Thanks man. I play guitar a little and the ultimate goal is to build an acoustic guitar....and then build another one cause it will be better than the first haha!

I play, but I've been told by my wife when I tried to teach her, that I'm not good at the teaching part of it. I tend to jump to the complex stuff way to quickly.

I wanted to build an arch back ages ago, but that takes a dedicated with area with a regulated environment. Which come to think of, I now have off of my grow room..... Hmmmm I may to reassess that.

You did.....doesn't mean I know how to play it. I bought it at the time I blew out my back. But instead of learning to play the guitar....I learned to grow cannabis instead.
Just learn a few chords first. It will be extremely mundane. You literally put each finger 1 by 1 on the correct string and fret. Then change chords repeating that process. Then you learn a song with say 3 chords and do that process. For me it was Louie, Louie. My dad taught me. It takes several months, but your brain will memorize the chords with enough repetition, and voila, next thing you know your playing the guitar.

I always wanted to learn to play an instrument but I have horrible rhythm and tend to be wicked uncoordinated. I am trying to get my son to learn to play keyboard. He picked up some stuff fairly quickly but has not spent the time needed to get decent at it. I need to find him a teacher as well. He found an app that allowed him to play along with it but it only let him go through 3 small lessons before it wanted money. If he were to show real enthusiasm for learning it I would have no issue spending a little money, but with only half hearted interest it makes me hesitant to spend the money on it.

Just learn a few chords first. It will be extremely mundane. You literally put each finger 1 by 1 on the correct string and fret. Then change chords repeating that process. Then you learn a song with say 3 chords and do that process. For me it was Louie, Louie. My dad taught me. It takes several months, but your brain will memorize the chords with enough repetition, and voila, next thing you know your playing the guitar.

Yeah I intend to....LOL. I just gotta manage to squeeze a few more hours into the day somehow. Once my outdoor garden is done, my life will become much easier and I might be able to find time to sit outside and try to play! Problem is, I am just not a guy that likes to sit still. If I know there is shit to be done and my back isn't an anchor, its damn near impossible for me to get up and do it.

Back
Top Bottom