First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

I agree with kjc flush them and up your food I would say the ph spike is because the plant has completely stripped the soil of nutes so personally I would flush with a weak nute mix until your runoff is in range .I'm saying use nutes to flush because I think your plant is very hungry and to flush with plain water the plant will be completely starved before you can water with nutes when it's dry

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

Plants look much better, had time yesterday to flush the two worst ones, today all the leaves are perky again. Yellowing has stopped spreading. Going to flush some more tonight. Orange hairs on the WRxM and the lemon kush is looking frosty and has orange hairs. The bag seed has pinkComing through in the flowers?
Lemon kush is almost 30" very wobbly, is it too late to put in 3 gallon pot or should I just stake it?

1381367837472.jpg
1381367889614.jpg
1381367936713.jpg
1381368054794.jpg

they look much better, just make sure not to over do the nutes and end up giving to much,

they have certainly picked up so on the road to recovery

I saw this in another journal, I think the different colors are just due to environmental factors, but I'll read up on it, and get back to you.
Going to flush 2 more plants today, what does it mean when the pistils are turning pink?

1381439832899.jpg
1381439784067.jpg
1381439758597.jpg

I saw this in another journal, I think the different colors are just due to environmental factors, but I'll read up on it, and get back to you.

Only one is showing the pink pistils , bagseed, plant looks completely healthy though. Bagseed and lemon kush that I'm flushing now have showed little too yellowing or stress.

That's what I read, they were talking about a color change due to flushing the last couple weeks. I also read a thread where someone said you can let the temp get lower, like 55-60 when the lights are off, and the buds will turn purple.

Interesting, the member didn't mention the strain, I thought they were saying it could be done with any strain. I also saw some stuff at the hydro store that is supposed to turn buds purple, but I am skeptical. It's 0-0-4, so I could get it, and use it for a K supplement, since I always seem to struggle with a K def in flower it seems.
Hey all, ok your pistols turning colour is all good and fine. As for dropping temps at night to promote colour its supposed to work, but you need the genetics like a blue or purple cross.

I have had some purp that was really fire, also had purp that was a waste of money. On the other hand I have had bud that looked sad but had an amazing high. My opinion on this is there is far less than you can tell by just the sight of dried nugs than most people think. If the plant ends up with pink hairs all over it, cool. If not I personally don't care lol as long as it smokes good. This really is a way to save money and an added experience to growing things, totally a hobby and a passion. But I have respect for all plants , as they are far more intricate and unique than people realize. Cultivating them is primal and has a lot of personal value. Everyone should grow something.

Pink pistils are a good sign that your flowers are maturing. You will want to wait until about 75% of them turn a reddish brown color before the smoke will be ready. There are of course varying opinions on this and some will say to pay more attention to the amount of trichomes turning amber color. But the pistils turning red and the trichomes turning amber will often accompany each other.

As I understand it, once you have more trichomes turning amber as opposed to clear your will start getting into the max THC content. If you wait longer the THC will start to break down and you will get less of a head rush from the smoke. Now please, wait until some other folks chime in on this because I am not anywhere near the expert that others are on this topic. But pistils turning pink and then red are a good sign that your close to harvest time.

Still got some new growth on the bud in the pic, so they have time to swell yet. Older, you are correct, he is pretty close to harvest, within a couple weeks I would guess, but some strains take longer than others. I'm with you on the purple, really just a presentation thing, a lot of stoners think that color is an indication of higher potency. There is a lot of brick weed where I'm from, and some people there rarely get some fire shit, if ever, so they see some "pretty" buds, and think it's good. Anyway, good job doing research Older, it's what I do, constantly searching.

Thank you both for the quick response. Stall have to flush the 2 bagseed to get them back to 6.5 then a dose of full strength flowering nutes. I'm going to take a picture of all the buds as I have 4 strains going they are all in very different phases it seems. The WR X mazar is still kicking ass and fattening its buds despite getting hit hard by under feeding. May have shocked it into finishing faster because it thinks it may die soon. Lots of orange hairs all over all of the buds.

1381529062735.jpg

Here is the most developed plant, not the most developed bud , but the easiest to photo? Possible to get a timeframe estimate on this one?

Beautiful. I like her pistils too.
Go to any store & buy a cheap 30X hand held scope. You'll really see the trichs & can pinpoint when she's ready. Better than guessing or going by pistil color.

Funny I actually really like the pic you apologized for! I have also seen pink pistils, and my plants are still putting on weight. As far as harvesting I am nowhere near an expert, but I do know where to find some great info. Check out BrokeAssRegs journal, he just harvested and there is a ton of info about flower development and harvesting. The topic is more complicated than I initially realized, as details can vary between strains as well as between indica vs sativas. I hope this helps :) reps for the pics and lovely flowers!

Back
Top Bottom