Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Valerie answered my PM. She says it's okay to use only half of the light, but to be sure to watch the coverage of the seedling plants and adjust as necessary.

So, I'm going to put the kill-A-Watt meter on the light today with half of it connected and see if there is any difference. I'm kind of thinking it will be drawing the same either way. We'll see. Every penny counts here.

Worth a shot, if it still draws the same power I will put some garden seedlings in back of the girls and get them dancing in light.

Valerie answered my PM. She says it's okay to use only half of the light, but to be sure to watch the coverage of the seedling plants and adjust as necessary.

So, I'm going to put the kilowatt meter on the light today with half of it connected and see if there is any difference. I'm kind of thinking it will be drawing the same either way. We'll see. Every penny counts here.

Worth a shot, if it still draws the same power I will put some garden seedlings in back of the girls and get them dancing in light.
Has the light got a dimmer pot it will achieve the same thing and reduce power draw

Michigan DLI sucks! LOL
Mine here in Mass. right now does too! It's just right in the tent today though!
I promise, you will not be disappointed in the light. I’m saving for another one.

IMG_0946.jpeg
Chocolate mescaline is something I remember too! That used to snort tasty huh?

So, I'm going to put the kilowatt meter on the light today with half of it connected and see if there is any difference. I'm kind of thinking it will be drawing the same either way. We'll see. Every penny counts here.

Half the load won't be seen so I'm thinking the opposite. Let's see 😍.That was surprising and awesome to hear!

Yep, love that dimmer. The ViparSpectra folks suggest seedlings at 50% power so I will be using that as well.
I am only testing to see if it draws less power by using only one half of the light fixture.
The unit is only 500W, so it's already an energy saver as is. :)
Either way using the dimmer or disconnecting half should have the same effect as each other and doing both if approved by company(to disconnect)would save more in running costs 👍
:morenutes:

Mine here in Mass. right now does too! It's just right in the tent today though!

Chocolate mescaline is something I remember too! That used to snort tasty huh?

Half the load won't be seen so I'm thinking the opposite. Let's see 😍.That was surprising and awesome to hear!
Okay, test complete. Unplugging one half of the light resulted in half of the power draw according to the kill-a-watt tester.
This is going to work, and save me a little money during the seedling stages. YEY

I will get the light going today. I have to adjust a couple of things for the table the seedlings are on, and I'm good to go.

Okay, test complete. Unplugging one half of the light resulted in half of the power draw according to the kilowatt.
This is going to work, and save me a little money during the seedling stages. YEY

I will get the light going today. I have to adjust a couple of things for the table the seedlings are on, and I'm good to go.
Perfect 👌 did this have a effect on the temp increase we get from lights too??
Running less LEDs with a bit more power Vs more LEDs at lower power. I have never tested that I just run less bars when I trim in there 🤣

Running less LEDs with a bit more power Vs more LEDs at lower power. I have never tested that I just run less bars when I trim in there 🤣
I think I kept a log of the room temps during the last grow, I'll have to dig that out and compare as I go. I had two of these lights running full power and I think the highest it got was 83 F. in the room with the door closed. The furnace duct was kept closed also.
The lights are always fairly cool, just warm to the touch, they never get hot. The LED driver is what throws off heat, but even at full power it's not so hot that you can't touch it or move it. It can be set outside of a grow tent, so you can control your temps inside.

Bravo for the information you give etc. Damn good fit for a product reviewer ain't ya👍
I'm still the same lazy guy who doesn't measure a thing accept temp. Don't get me wrong I still have all the fancy equipment like AI fan controllers, stuff that sends all environmental info to my phone if required.

I just can't be bothered with it anymore lol. I just do everything by gutt, no measurements no ph-ing.
The complete opposite to how most folks grow. Yet I find it a bit more engaging somehow.
Maybe I should change it up and get all my toys out again I'm not sure??

Anyway I take my hat off to you my old friend. You've always been more organised than me 🤣

Bravo for the information you give etc. Damn good fit for a product reviewer ain't ya👍
I'm still the same lazy guy who doesn't measure a thing accept temp. Don't get me wrong I still have all the fancy equipment like AI fan controllers, stuff that sends all environmental info to my phone if required.

I just can't be bothered with it anymore lol. I just do everything by gutt, no measurements no ph-ing.
The complete opposite to how most folks grow. Yet I find it a bit more engaging somehow.
Maybe I should change it up and get all my toys out again I'm not sure??

Anyway I take my hat off to you my old friend. You've always been more organised than me 🤣
Dude! If it works for you, don't fix it! LOL Based on your fields of colas history, you do perfectly with your methods.

I rarely measure PH, nor do I get into the high techy details on PPFD's and Par's etc. etc. If it works for me the way the manufacturer says it will, it's good to go.
Thanks for your usual cheerleading me on, my friend! :green_heart:

Also, right now the grow room is at 71 F. as the rest of the house. I will check that later this afternoon to see any difference. I've closed off the room, so temp will be affected by just the light and any minor heat produced by walls and floors.

Back
Top Bottom